aliens

Author Topic: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide  (Read 328897 times)

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide
« Reply #375 on: February 25, 2019, 09:27:06 pm »
One problem with Exalts is that their sword is built in, so they do not loose it when panicking or being unconsciousness.

Is that new? Because I remember them using different kinds of swords that I could loot.

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: February 25, 2019, 09:57:30 pm »
It is like two or three version old feature. A bit of a double edged sword for them as they can score a kill when they can ambush in cramped difficult to navigate enviroment where their high TUs portect them form reactions, but in the open they happily fly half across the map into reaction fire from a boom gun or similar weapon that oneshoots them shield or no shield.

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: February 25, 2019, 10:18:30 pm »
Ah, I haven't seen a (decent) Church ship in a while, so now Exalts yet.

Offline Dakkdakk

• Colonel
  • Dirty, dangerous, and kinda sexy
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: February 26, 2019, 05:44:41 pm »
Exalts are surprisingly fragile against normal ammunition, they can only really tank laser/plasma/electric. You can take them out using tommy guns if you have to.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: February 26, 2019, 11:37:25 pm »
Exalts are surprisingly fragile against normal ammunition, they can only really tank laser/plasma/electric. You can take them out using tommy guns if you have to.

That's the whole church faction. Faction is pretty much anti laser and that's it defensive extent.

niculinux

« Reply #380 on: April 13, 2019, 05:35:32 pm »
Hello guys! I'm sad to tell you but since i won't have spare time to play xpiratez, i'm gonna defenitely drop the game once and for all  :'( but first ive downloaded and give a try to 0.99J13 version,  which introduces gambling, a eally nice and funny feature :). I've also used the OAK atch; i wonder what re the gfx improvements and whether in the future it would be incrporated.

As or gameplay i've finally built a workshop and researched "thinkering" but the requisites for the former are a bit changed, now it's also needed a stapler; where it may be fund? same ways a the wrench? I've also fought back a ratmen crackdown on my base at the beginning of the month, and also managed to get my hand on the RCF carabine, a decent early rifle :) Also, gambling was researched quite fast i suppose it's an early game thing :)

weell, so that is reeeally all, i don't tink i gonna have time to play so that is my very last post on the forum. Thanks to Dioxine, Solarius Scorch and everyone of this community. Have a great life! Over and out...

Eit: please bear with me very last typos, and the final one is here Good luck to everybody :)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 05:08:57 pm by niculinux [RETIRED/QUIT] »

Offline armadilloTank

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: May 05, 2019, 03:11:30 am »
I was trying to look for this answer but got spoiled on something so I stopped:

What are the differences generally between the male and female tech branch options?

So my last game that I started was on J8 or something. I usually have a couple 8 man teams peasants, catgirl/gremlins/loknards, and slave soldiers. Mainly for flavor. I modded in doomguy armor as being acceptable in stealth missions and melee punching through walls. I just play rip'n'tear on mansion missions. It adds so much to the game. But my serious business force was usually just power-armor Ubers. (ironically I had an all power armor force yet hadn't even gotten only satellite raid missions)

So starting a new game yesterday I get to the male soldiers or just Ubers option.

What am I locking my self out of by picking either? I really want to have a transport ship of suicide soldiers all dressed up as doom guys, but I don't know what picking either of these does so eh? Part of this was text in the bootypedia entry that made it sound like I wouldn't get a dojo/training room if I went with male soldiers. I saw that the random assigned tech values to complete the girl tech was 27 and male soldier tech was 3 so I'm guessing slave soldiers is the intended path.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 05, 2019, 06:34:17 am »
The basic choice is what you get to hire, going SS locks out hiring gals until you unlock veteran tech. There are also some differences in armor but that's a bit further down the line and not particularly restrictive imo.

So cheapish middling quality slave soldiers vs expensive low quality gals. The gals will have higher stat caps but it takes significant effort/time to grind them up. A SS on the other hand will start out slightly better off then a hand level gal but won't cap as high.

misterx

« Reply #383 on: June 12, 2019, 04:32:19 pm »
J15 has a brand new mission: "the thruth is out there", any hnt on what to do? I never manager to accomplish it . Anyway i got in the end of feb 2601, with metal armors and a nice shadowbat
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 06:18:52 pm by misterx »

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: June 12, 2019, 05:19:06 pm »
@misterx
Out of couriosity I looked at your save. Do you realize your runts are not assigned? You are missing out on a lot of cash.

If you want some more tips:
Get more runts to make chateau, you have enough apples. They pay for themself in under a month when making wine. You need to build a barracks to house them. You can sell your consumer goods and the hellerium to pay for the barracks and the runts.

Wapons: the AK is not that great. You already have combat shotguns, use them (at least on a few soldiers). Give shotgun users a pistol on the belt for long range fighting.
Try to get the Magnum bounty hunting prize, these guns are great!

misterx

« Reply #385 on: June 12, 2019, 06:17:46 pm »
@misterx
Out of couriosity I looked at your save. Do you realize your runts are not assigned? You are missing out on a lot of cash.

If you want some more tips:
Get more runts to make chateau, you have enough apples. They pay for themself in under a month when making wine. You need to build a barracks to house them. You can sell your consumer goods and the hellerium to pay for the barracks and the runts.

Wapons: the AK is not that great. You already have combat shotguns, use them (at least on a few soldiers). Give shotgun users a pistol on the belt for long range fighting.
Try to get the Magnum bounty hunting prize, these guns are great!

Yep, too many thinghs to keep an eye on, that's why the runts are idle!! Actually shotguns seems to be good on unarmored enemies only; i'm looking forward a decent early game rifle for the gals. Any advice on that?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 06:19:56 pm by misterx »

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: June 12, 2019, 06:43:50 pm »
Yep, too many thinghs to keep an eye on, that's why the runts are idle!! Actually shotguns seems to be good on unarmored enemies only; i'm looking forward a decent early game rifle for the gals. Any advice on that?

RCF Rifle. I think that RCF ammo ignores 10% of armor, deals around 26 damage. Accurate, cheap, light, fairly fast to use.

misterx

« Reply #387 on: June 12, 2019, 09:48:41 pm »
RCF Rifle. I think that RCF ammo ignores 10% of armor, deals around 26 damage. Accurate, cheap, light, fairly fast to use.

Okay thank you. As for other rifles, weapons and armor progression, what would you suggest?

I've also unlocked the conversion launcher along with the shadowbat, and seagull missiles and launcher but what ammo does the conversion accept, since the seagull are not considered?

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: June 13, 2019, 05:15:54 am »
The conversion launcher uses seagull missiles.

Shotguns are weaker vs armored enemies, that is true. But they murder everything else.
In this mod, shotguns have ridiculous high accuracy compared to the other weapons. This is especially useful for the early game when your troops can't hit shit. Everyone can hit something with a shotgun. Seriously, this is a shotgun mod. You will understand once you get your hands on a mammoth chain shotgun.

The higher damage shotguns (combat, heavy, blunderbus, CAWS) are still ok for medium armored stuff (~25 armor). You should know from experience that a gal in warrior armor (30 armor) still takes damage from shotguns. For tougher armor, the AP ammo of military shotgun and CAWS are still better than AK rifles. You can also carry a backup weapon and/or use explosives. On top of that, mix your squad. Half shotguns, other half anti armor/long range.
The high damage pistols are excellent backup weapons (heavy pistol, magnum). Especially the magnum pairs well with a shotgun, as it has power AND range. Shotgun and magnum is probably the best early game weapon combo. Javelins and magnum is equally strong on a skilled gal.
What shotguns to use? Heavy for gals that have low firing skill, combat/trench gun for those with better firing.
I've looked at your memorial to see from which enemies your gals died. A lot died from blood hounds, dogs and ratmen. Shotguns are especially great vs these enemies.

Considering rifles: The early game rifles are really the weakest weapon type in this mod. They are only good for long range shooting (30+ tiles). Below 30 tile distance the pistol's aimed shot is better, as the typical pistol can do two aimed shots in the time a rifle shoots once. Pistols are also better at snap shots, and smgs have way better autofire than rifles.
Rifles are then best used to make something bleed from a long distance. A bleeding enemy will die eventually. So use rifles in a situation where you can wait until that happens. The RFC carbine is considered the best early game rifle for this tactic. Fast and accurate aimed shot, high armor penetration value. Not much damage though.

The rifles that are actually good in any situation are higher up the tech tree. Lasgun and smartrifle are what you are looking for.

Tl;dr: In the early game trenchgun + magnum is the best weapon loadout, next tier is smartrifle.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 05:22:51 am by Eddie »

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: June 13, 2019, 06:59:07 am »
Okay thank you. As for other rifles, weapons and armor progression, what would you suggest?

I've also unlocked the conversion launcher along with the shadowbat, and seagull missiles and launcher but what ammo does the conversion accept, since the seagull are not considered?

Guerilla is best for early game long range combat since it has high Reactions and Camo. Then Warrior armor comes into play if your gals have to come closer. Additional 10 armor on everything makes you basically immune to shotguns, can shrug off most of small arms, so it's viable fairly long.
Super early good armor is that one made out of chitin plates (I can't remember the name).

UAC Rifle is usefull on close-mid combat thanks to multiple bullets per shot and 30 (I think) damage.
UAC Chaingun is also nice, it's fairly easy to acquire it early, shreds armor and deals good damage.
Rotogun. You need gal with good accuracy to use one with full potential. This is the cheapest gun that will still be a bit viable in mid game.