Author Topic: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide  (Read 328956 times)

Offline Dakkdakk

• Colonel
  • Dirty, dangerous, and kinda sexy
    • View Profile
Re: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide
« Reply #330 on: February 04, 2019, 09:40:05 pm »
Weird, maybe I'm recalling an older version or am just confused. Thats even better, then.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #331 on: February 04, 2019, 10:38:58 pm »
HWD was always replacing radar.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 05, 2019, 12:41:21 am »
Like in vanilla UFO, the only radar you'll ever need once you can build it is the HWD.

niculinux

« Reply #333 on: February 06, 2019, 04:27:32 pm »
OK, a brand new start, this time in Cuba. Seems a pretty decent position, covering americas and asia, australia is out, but essenctially we need at least 2 hideouts to cover at least 90% of the world. If yuo're a newbie like me pick the save and try  ;) i've just unlocked the black market, finally in 0.99J11 prices are superaffordable!

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 06, 2019, 07:35:37 pm »
You’re covering mostly water by your radar, shiping never lands in water. My preffered starting location is real life Hungary, the airbus can cover almost everywhere form there with exception of most australia, new zealand and southernmost tip of south america.

niculinux

« Reply #335 on: February 06, 2019, 07:40:32 pm »
You’re covering mostly water by your radar, shiping never lands in water. My preffered starting location is real life Hungary, the airbus can cover almost everywhere form there with exception of most australia, new zealand and southernmost tip of south america.

Right but i've also seen that both North and South america are rasther busy areas,  but less than europe anyway. Mission spawning rate also is ok but once again Europe is better.

Edit: Africa, Oceania and Asia seems to lose hands down. in both fields. :'( Hope in next version eventually will add more variety even in this department. This toma also added "(founder)" net to tje escaped lunatics's names, alway remember who you are! ;D
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 08:10:50 pm by niculinux »

Offline Dakkdakk

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 06, 2019, 10:03:08 pm »
Hungary is a great choice, and Rome, while close to some water, also seems to get loads of traffic during the whole game. "Seems to" is the key word here. Otherwise I always pick the middle of the US or Africa. I only avoid south america because I hate jungle terrain.

Offline Stoddard

• Colonel
  • in a fey mood
    • View Profile
    • Linux builds & stuff
« Reply #337 on: February 07, 2019, 01:16:09 am »
I find Kotor / Montenegro the optimal choice.

Edit: this is the 8-base location list I find optimal:

Spoiler:
  • Kotor, Montenegro
  • Arka, Khabarovsk Krai, RU
  • Bruce Mines, Ontario, CA
  • Arugam Bay, Sri Lanka
  • Ghanzi, Botswana
  • Jundah, Queensland, AU
  • South Pole
  • Nova Aurora, Goias, BR

« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 01:00:15 pm by Stoddard »

niculinux

« Reply #338 on: February 09, 2019, 10:17:34 pm »
This time i am sat in middle east!  I' at the end of May 2601, and luckily captured a catgirl, these are a bit more easier than necropirates to handle; moreover i noticed that in 0.99J11 Windows vessels seems to  be sse-through, but lso shoot thrigh, i was shot with sup harpoon and fire, but i can also shoot from the inside, it's a very risky thingh...bive a couple of scale mail armors too, never used befre, but the paperdoll, instead of sandals may have boots? And then i interceted a propelled plane, never seen these before...it was a new addiction  or what?

Edit: i have the wrench but not unlocked the workshop yet; if you care guys load the save and tell: do you think my research is slow?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 10:24:28 pm by niculinux »

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 10, 2019, 02:11:03 am »
You can check the tech tree to see what techs you need. Critical by april are are: contacts: crazy hanna and workshop

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 10, 2019, 05:05:53 pm »
A B17 *love*
Hope I'll see one of them as well and they don't just appear in early game.

Offline Dakkdakk

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 11, 2019, 01:26:55 pm »
I haven't stumbled upon a b17 yet, but I haven't been actively looking for them either.

But ye, you really want to get to workshop/crazy hannah by the 4th or 5th month, at least in the higher difficulties, and you should also look into getting a second base running, even if its just to house extra troops and a single ship. Soon after that you should probably look into getting some working interceptor craft going. You wanna have 10 or more brainers by this point along with continous alcohol production to cover your costs.

niculinux

« Reply #342 on: February 11, 2019, 02:48:24 pm »
I haven't stumbled upon a b17 yet, but I haven't been actively looking for them either.

But ye, you really want to get to workshop/crazy hannah by the 4th or 5th month, at least in the higher difficulties, and you should also look into getting a second base running, even if its just to house extra troops and a single ship. Soon after that you should probably look into getting some working interceptor craft going. You wanna have 10 or more brainers by this point along with continous alcohol production to cover your costs.

Thanks but got in november 2601 and got another crackdown from the dark ones!!! Ienconter them very frequently, playing at high difficulty, they appear from nowhere, i think they should when researched/triggere something instead, as of now it happen randomly, i have still not researched something related to them. The only thing i have is the demonic skull don't know it that is enough :-/

Offline Dakkdakk

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 11, 2019, 02:53:15 pm »
Since you get crackdowns so often, have you tried building your base using the bottleneck design on the wiki? The best anti crackdown design is the one that places the elevator in the far north end of the hideout, followed by a hangar and then a security corridor which then connects said hangar to a barracks and the rest of your base. Its not the most space efficient design but its amazing against crackdowns.

In my newest campaign I only got 2 crackdowns, one by the academy and one by ratmen, and I'm playing on the second hardest difficulty.

EDIT: Arthanor's design is pretty good against crackdowns
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 03:37:16 pm by Dakkdakk »

niculinux

« Reply #344 on: February 11, 2019, 05:51:11 pm »
Since you get crackdowns so often, have you tried building your base using the bottleneck design on the wiki? The best anti crackdown design is the one that places the elevator in the far north end of the hideout, followed by a hangar and then a security corridor which then connects said hangar to a barracks and the rest of your base. Its not the most space efficient design but its amazing against crackdowns.

In my newest campaign I only got 2 crackdowns, one by the academy and one by ratmen, and I'm playing on the second hardest difficulty.

EDIT: Arthanor's design is pretty good against crackdowns

Thanks, i was not aware of that page! Tryed some sorta of the chockepoint one, but my real problem is - playing always at jack sparrow mode which as Dioxine stated is not balanced yet - i got always outnumbered. The only crackdowns i am not able to handle are the dark ones (without cheating, that is to say editing the .sav files and picking a lower difficulty level) that happened rather frequently, and the Star Gods one (happened only once), same as Mercenaries. I hope in the future the high level will be balanced. I play with tech viewer off because that is a game, not a chore! But the most annoyng thing is that i not always manage to recover the wrench, except when im lucky on inrtercept; that's why it should be among the loot of some early missions, watchtowers and infested cellars; for instance, with a 90% rate.

Gonna try, pheraphs with the next versio n, with the Chokepoint Starting Layout. I'm also thinking to give up the game once and for all :o if will be so, it may be also the coup de grace of this thread  ;)

Edit: final update to the first post, added the xpiratez bootypedia page; still pretty outdated though  :'(
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 05:59:57 pm by niculinux »