Author Topic: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide  (Read 328659 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide
« Reply #270 on: January 03, 2019, 03:19:42 am »
Also i've noticed that in 0.99J10 X- grog barrels used in battle are automatically refilled, thanks

They are not.

niculinux

« Reply #271 on: January 03, 2019, 07:26:33 pm »
Some pointers i though about, referred to the current version (0.99J10):

I've seen that homefront rifle spaws more frequently than the rcf carabine (last one being used by major factions, mainly spartans) and so in the early games having good firearms is very hard, unless ou're lucky and manage to steal somethingh that once researched is avaiable to buy at the black market. Minor factions, civilians and bandits use early firearms like pistols shotguns and smgs. Sprayguns, ramshakle rifles and  uac carabine seems to be rather uncommon only some G.O.s and researchers appear to use these, blackmarsh smg, asssult smg are used in early game too, but from major factions such as government and church. Flintlocks are mainly used by ratmen, highwaymen, drifters and some other freak, and are the only real threat at the beginning of the game, unòess ou have some decent armor like the warrior armor; which i advise to use if startin to engagé some early missions that are more demanding such as the infested cellar whare there is lots of point black and melee fighting.

For early rifles the ramshakle ìis the best starting option, along with the old carabine, but for early rifles i'd advice the homefront rifle or the rcf carabine (his ne is more accurate but less owerful then the homefront). or submachine guns best initial choiche is the smg, which may be used in infiltration missions. O' Harty's Gun is sort of "middle tier" weapons, has the advantage to fire same ammos as the small revolver, rusty niner and ol' revolver (and deal the rispective damaga) but is rather incaccurate in comparison with the former ones. muskets and the less accurate harquebuses are good srmor piercing weapons, but with reduced gal mobility.

As the rest, in my runs it's some versions that i don't meetup with the raiders anymore, i advanced till early 2602. I have to trigger some events or it's jus my bad luck, once again? A savegame is attached, in June 2601 i had not a single base crackdown, referring as what told here

Edit: post moved form here
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 10:28:16 am by niculinux »

niculinux

« Reply #272 on: January 19, 2019, 08:42:51 pm »
And what's the point of "the dark ones"? They seem to spawn from nowhere, and always attack my weakest base? There is somethingh in the research that unlocks them or they are just a nasty surprise? In "Jack sparrow" mode it's almost impossible to resist a base assault!!

And i have not build a workshop yet!! :'(

Offline sanyaskillpro

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 19, 2019, 11:32:36 pm »
I loaded your game in nov a couple of times and couldn't get a crackdown in 15 dec. Looks like you got unlucky.
2 things i immediately noticed:
- still 3 brainers? expand them asap! I'm not sure if you can salvage this run because you'll get real crackdowns soon and you're still at the stone age.
- your 2nd base is a deathtrap. Your outpost got sandwhiched between a hangar and a lift, where enemies can spawn.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #274 on: January 20, 2019, 01:10:15 pm »
In "Jack sparrow" mode it's almost impossible to resist a base assault!!

A statement that's simply untrue. Don't be manipulative like this. Also nobody is forcing you to play on highest difficulty. Have you any self-esteem at all to post such stuff?

niculinux

« Reply #275 on: January 20, 2019, 04:14:35 pm »
Thanks for the feedback, sanyaskillpro ! So:

- still 3 brainers? expand them asap! I'm not sure if you can salvage this run because you'll get real crackdowns soon and you're still at the stone age.

Actually, i saved money to build a second base, and invest mostly to have a fothold in the infantry department. Seems i have kinda a defensive playstyle, maybe?

- your 2nd base is a deathtrap. Your outpost got sandwhiched between a hangar and a lift, where enemies can spawn.
When building a second base usually i prefer the barracks over the ouytpost, in fact it's somewhat difficult to defend it. If someone has a base layout to advice i'd appreciate, of course screenshots are welcome! See the one of my second hideout attached.

A statement that's simply untrue. Don't be manipulative like this. Also nobody is forcing you to play on highest difficulty. Have you any self-esteem at all to post such stuff?

No , ablolutely, i pheraphs had to specify for me. :) Well what can i say, i'm a real masochist then :)

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 20, 2019, 05:22:37 pm »
How do you fight the canny pirates in the necroplane? It seems to me I am loosing more girls in these battles than the loot is worth.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #277 on: January 20, 2019, 05:41:07 pm »
How do you fight the canny pirates in the necroplane? It seems to me I am loosing more girls in these battles than the loot is worth.

I don't really know what to say, since I never thought of them as hard compared to some other early enemies, like Zombies with Chryssalids/Strixes or maybe even Bogeymen... Just kill them before they shoot at you, I guess.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #278 on: January 20, 2019, 05:42:46 pm »
How they're any problem? Slow, inaccurate, low reactions... Just have to be hit twice instead of once.

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 20, 2019, 07:19:51 pm »
Yeah, looking at the stats those pirates shouldn't be such of a problem. Maybe I should advance a bit slower and wait until those blood hounds have rushed me- impatience kills the gals.

niculinux

« Reply #280 on: January 20, 2019, 11:25:57 pm »
Hey, anyway i'm nearly at the end of February 2602 and managed to build a workshop in my main base, yay! Encountered the dark ones in the "doomed farm" mission this time was lucky to recover posseded sarge and machinegunner and researched them. I wonder how i get my hands to buy the UAC weapons, aside the carabine?

Also i'm researchin "rifle bullet manufacturing" and "slayer bullets" to start usin piratey weapons at least for my initial base's crew; already have researched "quadcannon" and "light cannon" (frome the doom enemyes) that will allow to research and manufacture craft munitions, and also have bayoneted muskets and flintlock pistols, hope to add blunderbusses, boarding guns and handannons, which hope to manufacture  soon. 8)  I'm about to secure the alliance favors too; they provide a nice skyranger for missions where some more personnel is needed. I had two crackdiwns on my second bade and one on the first one, so "island trick" does not guarsatee invisibility. There is something going on in the planet, i have most gals wounded and not ready for fight, maybe will do some minor missions  in the meantime :)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 01:57:52 pm by niculinux »

Offline sanyaskillpro

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 21, 2019, 04:11:15 am »
Seems i have kinda a defensive playstyle, maybe?
Maybe, but good tech directly increases the firepower you get from a single unit. If i'm lucky with a quick cash mission(church raid or 4 stranded agents) i get 2-3 brainers in the very first month(before day 10 or so they're worth it imo). And now that we get a small engine from a nurses airbus you can actually guarantee an extra brainer or two. Keep in mind that research gives you score, score = money so their salary in not that high. Unless they're idling.

What matters is not barracks vs outpost, it's the fact that your spawn location is flanked by 2 enemy spawn locations. Hangar-lift-outpost would be much better. Still that raid is beatable if you camp, i bought a bunch of doublebarreleds, landmines and a few swords for a cacodemon but as i said i couldn't get it to spawn. And if doom guys are the problem wait until you fight a major faction... I recently lost a JS game around that time and i had a way better tech level than you. Guess i'm back playing on 4th, saves a lot of nerves.

Offline Zippicus

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 21, 2019, 08:56:17 am »
Hey, anyway i'm nearly at the end of February 2601 and managed to build a workshop in my main base, yay! Encountered the dark ones in the "ddomed farm" mission this time was lucky to recover posseded sarge and machinegunner and researched them. I wonder how i get my hands to buy the UAC weapons, aside the carabine?

There's a couple imperial probe missions where you can get all that stuff, one mission is a mansion and the other is a tower.  Pogroms are also a fairly decent source although I don't see very many dark one pogroms.  They bring lots of their toys when they do base assaults as well.

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 21, 2019, 01:25:01 pm »

They can be used for training when you reach the point when you are practicaly invulnerable to their weapons. Otherwise they can be avoided, they loot is not even worth the ammo you waste.

niculinux

« Reply #284 on: January 21, 2019, 01:51:33 pm »
In the meantime, I've updated the main thread with some installation tips for linux users! Actually it was 2602, i've amended the typo up  :) A couple more questions:

1) Does the game have a time limit r virtually it may go on and on; for instance till 2703? and behyond?

2) In the bounty missions - don't know if any other else since i still have not unllocked these - some mission have turn limits; but sometimes the countdown does not start at the beginning like the lock'naar farm (level D), for instance in the humanist arsenal one (level C) it starts afterward, but something needs to be triggered? I got the impresison the turns are started being counted onthe the arsenal building is in my line of sight, so the latter thing operates only in some misisons, is that correct?