aliens

Author Topic: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide  (Read 328669 times)

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Extended Piratez general FAQ/Strategy Guide
« Reply #255 on: September 08, 2018, 02:23:32 pm »
If you know the layout you can systematically sweep the building and kill/capture everyone.
I usually have 2 flying gals take care of the towers while the rest enter the building through the main gate. 2 gals go down (one with a pickaxe/mining laser), there is only one guy there (don't know about JS), while the rest secures the ground level and rests a bit if it was a long walk to the door.
Then two teams, on for each stair, go up and we clean one level after the next. If some tower police didn't show themselves to the flying gals we break through the doors here as well to get them.

I used to lasso everyone, but that might be more difficult now that they usually pick up their guns again.

KZad Bhat

« Reply #256 on: September 08, 2018, 03:33:00 pm »
Well, if you're willing to take an extra few turns to do everything, when you knock them out, you can have someone go grab the weapons and bring them back to a defended spot. Easier for me to do if I'd thought of it, because I went in with a fully loaded Fortuna. Would have loved sending fliers, but I didn't yet have any flying armor.

And I do mean spoiler here, for anyone who hasn't done this mission yet!
Spoiler:
Do not walk up the hill for anything, they're mined. This, in fact, is how I first found there was a cop outside, just before my first gal exiting actually went out.

Rince Wind's method sounds great for 8 or more gals, and frankly I don't see this mission going well with less. But then by this point I wouldn't do any of the new missions popping up with less than 8 highly trained gals anyway.

Offline netron

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 08, 2018, 05:22:03 pm »
Thanks, I wasn't aware of the fusion torch, which does seem to be one of the few viable options to break down the front door earlier in the game. I wasn't aware of the ability to dig into the bottom level, which I did on my second attempt, although that does take a bit. With only two flying gals I didn't bring a pickaxe to try on the metal bars, and going back to fetch something is very cumbersome.

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 08, 2018, 06:04:32 pm »
Oh, I just have them lasso through the bars. There are some issues with tiles from which you can't lasso into the inside even tough you should be able to.

Sometime the lasso destroys the metal bars as well.

I never use the torches. Picks take a while to get through the front door, as you need a good roll. But it will eventually, and if you had to walk a mile to get there the other girls can regain their breath.

KZad Bhat

« Reply #259 on: September 09, 2018, 12:21:30 am »
By the time I was there, everyone's strength was maxed out. I think the most hits it took was 3. Trust me, a strength of 80 or 81 helps with those picks!

Offline netron

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 10, 2018, 10:11:15 pm »
Good to know, I had no idea picks could be that strong.

niculinux

« Reply #261 on: December 17, 2018, 11:28:25 pm »
In which version were introduced cabbage, wheat and leek? And what are there for?

Offline Ashghan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 18, 2018, 12:33:00 am »
I think J4 introduced them along with the new Farm terrain, but I'm not 100% sure. Might have been in J3 too, along with Plantations.  An they're sale fodder, at least for now.

niculinux

« Reply #263 on: December 29, 2018, 07:05:51 pm »
As in 0.99J9 (and 10) i've see that if you build a base in an island (Creete in the mediterranean sea or Cuba) your base is less likely to be attacked, i tryed on "jack sparrow" mode and by oct 2601 i had not a single base crackdown

Offline Marza

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 29, 2018, 11:47:14 pm »
Aye, Cuba, Creete and Madagascar are covered less by crackdown patrols. You'll still see crackdown assaults launched however.

Offline Ashghan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 29, 2018, 11:55:26 pm »
Add to thet the fact that if you build a base in the corner of a zone (Europe, North Africa, etc.) the retaliation missions will have a hard time tracking it down, since most flybys are done in the middle of the zone that your base occupies. For example I built my base a bit to the east of Jerusalem. That means it's technically still in North Africa, but so far all Retaliations flew over Central Sahara, never going even close to my base.

Your example of Crete is basically the same - it lies on the very edge of Europe zone.

niculinux

« Reply #266 on: December 30, 2018, 08:43:15 pm »
In 0.99J10 as stated here seems that there is only one mission which reqjires the airbus to be engaged. What is it?

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 31, 2018, 12:36:55 pm »
In 0.99J10 as stated here seems that there is only one mission which reqjires the airbus to be engaged. What is it?
The X-Prison mission from the Dr. X story line can only be done with the Airbus/-van, or Rail Pod.

niculinux

« Reply #268 on: January 02, 2019, 11:48:02 pm »
Mutant meat is sayed to "make you sleepy" but what does it means?

Also i've noticed that in 0.99J10 X- grog barrels used in battle are automatically refilled, thanks

Offline Ashghan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 02, 2019, 11:59:17 pm »
Stun, energy and morale damage. It's right there in the ANAL button.