Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1460924 times)

magus1

Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #2310 on: May 28, 2018, 07:21:36 am »
VERSION 0.99I2a

Tante Mags

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2311 on: May 28, 2018, 07:49:46 am »
Yeah so you're 2 versions behind.

Offline Tipie276

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: May 28, 2018, 08:53:05 pm »
Hey everyone!

Found a problem with the basic flak tank. When you fire its main gun the game chrashes. Tried both the standard and flechette ammo, same result.

Offline greattuna

• Colonel
  • No range like point blank range.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: May 28, 2018, 09:14:48 pm »
Yeah, turns out I forgot to reference the firing sound after changing it. Oops. Thanks for the heads-up, I'll fix it in the next version.

If you want a fix now, add

Code: [Select]
65: Resources/Sounds/CShottyFire.wav
in ruleset_tanks.rul under
Code: [Select]
  - type: BATTLE.CAT
    files:

Offline Tipie276

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: May 28, 2018, 10:57:24 pm »
Awesome! Many t(h)anks

Offline clownagent

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: May 29, 2018, 07:55:09 pm »
From time to time the following strange behavior apperas:

One of my units deal damage to an enemy unit and by that some nerby unit is healing a bit of stun damage.

In the attached save file "Electric Tombstone" was hitting the spartan with a Ninja stick. This resulted in "Bloody Katana" waking up from removed stun damage. (She was stunned a turn earlier by an enemy)

This behavior is difficult to reproduce, but it happened already a few times to me.

magus1

« Reply #2316 on: May 30, 2018, 05:01:20 am »
Hi Piratez!

I don't know if this is a bug more a way the game works:

I started extraction on a treasure chest but added zero engineers I then stopped production. I went  back to main page returned to  manufacture and the treasure chest had disappeared along with any possible extract.

I managed to stun a Mage and drag her back to base - she turned into a Noblewoman :D

Beste wuensche,

Mags

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2317 on: May 30, 2018, 08:06:53 am »
In the attached save file "Electric Tombstone" was hitting the spartan with a Ninja stick. This resulted in "Bloody Katana" waking up from removed stun damage. (She was stunned a turn earlier by an enemy)

There was a problem with stun recovery, should be fixed if you're using the latest Piratez/OXCE+. Also this behaviour is normal if you're in debug mode.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: May 30, 2018, 12:04:19 pm »
snip
I started extraction on a treasure chest but added zero engineers I then stopped production. I went  back to main page returned to  manufacture and the treasure chest had disappeared along with any possible extract.

I managed to stun a Mage and drag her back to base - she turned into a Noblewoman :D
snip

Canceling a manufacturing project after it is started does consume the materials. In the case of multiples of the same item being in the order only the materials for one copy are lost.

There are some cases where units on the tactical map and there corresponding item in the base screens don't exactly match up in name. The nature of the game engine dictates that a Unit X from the tactical map produces live capture item y and corpse item z. Each of those items are discrete strings in the code. Hundreds of strings perhaps thousands are involved in the game, simple errors happen. But once a string is in use changing it later can break saves, mess up the tech tree, and other problems. Dioxine tends to leave the small errors alone, a name mismatch is minor compared to the effort needed to fix it.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2319 on: May 30, 2018, 01:32:15 pm »
I don't understand however, what "turned into a noblewoman" means.

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: May 31, 2018, 12:15:19 am »
Please note that the capture a mage bounty mission can alternatively spawn a Noblewomen. That's not what tripped you up, is it?

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: May 31, 2018, 01:06:25 am »

No bug. Female mages are called Noblewoman in your prison.

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
  • Lisbeth ;p My Engrish is easy bad, Csaba is dead!
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
« Reply #2322 on: May 31, 2018, 01:58:45 am »
[quote
No bug. Female mages are called Noblewoman in your prison.
[/quote]

~~^^  Yennefer!  ;D  :P

..but i report 1 big bug -- very extremely long time of starting the game itself..

so sloooow and loong duration of starting sequence screen..

(amybe loading of any of few tens - hundreds of nibi -nods ?

magus1

« Reply #2323 on: May 31, 2018, 04:17:01 am »
Hi,

was not thinking it was a bug that she was a Noblewoman (I'd expect a mage to be from the upper class) just happy it gave me research and a second gave me 200k :D

However, I have not completed the quest yet as there seems to be one enemy left - I don't think I am spoofing the quest by stuning her as I killed her too and it did not end. Plus, I have got to the escape ship on the tower and it is indestructible.

Not sure what to do.

Oh, and is a song that I researched a spoof on 'In the navy' ??? Very funny!

Best wishes,

Mags

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #2324 on: May 31, 2018, 05:58:07 am »
The escape ship needs to be cracked open.  Acid Cannonballs are terrific.  Hammers and Pickaxes should do.  Any explosives bigger than grenades are good bets as well.