Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1434297 times)

Offline Wayans

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #2220 on: April 19, 2018, 02:51:21 am »
[19-04-2018_01-44-47]   [FATAL]   A fatal error has occurred: Segmentation fault. This usually indicates something missing in a mod.
[19-04-2018_01-44-47]   [FATAL]   Unfortunately, no stack trace information is available
[19-04-2018_01-45-04]   [FATAL]   OpenXcom has crashed: Segmentation fault. This usually indicates something missing in a mod.

When loading campus carnage :(

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #2221 on: April 19, 2018, 04:52:44 am »
[19-04-2018_01-44-47]   [FATAL]   A fatal error has occurred: Segmentation fault. This usually indicates something missing in a mod.
[19-04-2018_01-44-47]   [FATAL]   Unfortunately, no stack trace information is available
[19-04-2018_01-45-04]   [FATAL]   OpenXcom has crashed: Segmentation fault. This usually indicates something missing in a mod.

When loading campus carnage :(

Campus Carnage has some mapblocks that may not spawn correctly and may crash the game.  This will be addressed in the next update.  For now, turn on savescumming and try loading the mission a few more times or just skip it.

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: April 28, 2018, 01:34:56 pm »
string missing

Offline FG

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: May 02, 2018, 12:43:40 pm »
0.99 I2a

Mission type "STR_MISSION_ACADEMY_TOWN" ##!Campus Carnage!
can be triggered without proper research.

savedata attached below

also missed loc.strings:
  STR_WEREWOLF
  STR_ALERT_DOOMED_FARM
  STR_FLOATER_MANSION
  STR_SNAKEMAN_MANSION
  STR_SECTOID_MANSION
  STR_ATTACK_RATMEN_BASE_RAID
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 12:46:17 pm by FG »

Offline FG

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: May 02, 2018, 06:53:46 pm »
0.99 I2a

Unreachable building segments in campus carnage map blocks

https://imgur.com/a/IvDny6B

Save included.

Offline FG

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: May 03, 2018, 10:45:57 pm »
missed loc.strings:
  STR_MISSION_ACADEMY_CRUISE_PREQ

also misspelled string id in Piratez.rul

STR_SHARKAMAN_CORPSE > STR_SHARKMAN_CORPSE

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: May 05, 2018, 08:17:56 am »
Segmentation fault when trying to view Marsec hunter & sentry drone examination articles.

Also won the duel with Dr. X but i could only research her Aircar and the visor thingy, not the lady herself. Research viewer show lots of new inaccessible topics related to Dr.X that all seem to depend on a "Dr. X Caught" item that i did not get. More unfinished stuff or did some strings get mislabeled?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2227 on: May 05, 2018, 09:39:57 am »
Segmentation fault when trying to view Marsec hunter & sentry drone examination articles.

Also won the duel with Dr. X but i could only research her Aircar and the visor thingy, not the lady herself. Research viewer show lots of new inaccessible topics related to Dr.X that all seem to depend on a "Dr. X Caught" item that i did not get. More unfinished stuff or did some strings get mislabeled?

Strange, if you caught her, you should be able to research her... That topic you mention is given automatically after interrog. Do you have her in your prison?

As for marsec drones, it's likely because they're missing paperdolls... dammit, I thought that since you can omit paperdoll in battle and have the unit work just fine, preview and all, shouldnt crash the pedia either... Sigh.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: May 05, 2018, 03:32:58 pm »
Dr. X is indeed in the prison but no topic ever appeared. Digging around in the tech viewer would seem to indicate that something is mislabeled. The "Dr.X" topic has no links.  Edit: In fact quite a number of the new "X" topics don't seem to have links to anything either.

Unrelated, the articles for the swapped Marsec operative and bodyguard have the correct picture for there new incarnation but the text is identical to there previous versions.

Also maybe not a bug but there are 2 versions of living blood now with similar but not identical articles?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 03:42:08 pm by legionof1 »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2229 on: May 05, 2018, 04:06:18 pm »
Dr. X is indeed in the prison but no topic ever appeared. Digging around in the tech viewer would seem to indicate that something is mislabeled. The "Dr.X" topic has no links.  Edit: In fact quite a number of the new "X" topics don't seem to have links to anything either.

Unrelated, the articles for the swapped Marsec operative and bodyguard have the correct picture for there new incarnation but the text is identical to there previous versions.

Also maybe not a bug but there are 2 versions of living blood now with similar but not identical articles?

Her alias is STR_DOCTOR_X and the opening interrog is called STR_DOCTOR_X... Idk what is wrong...? Maybe because that research costs 0? Am I missing something?
With the missing topics with dr. X, well you will not be able to see the whole tree on the tech viewer, as it depends a lot on manufacturing items or spawning them by research... It can be only really checked by actually researching... Which doesn't seem to work for some reason? I do not understand what is the nature of the error I made...

I don't seem to see any problems with Marsec Operative or Bodyguard in my pedia, sorry... could you post pictures?

Living Blood: there is now a new item, called Zombie Juice, which replaced Living Blood in some cases (of zombie extraction). But their articles are not identical... It's the old article split in 2 halves and expanded upon in each case...

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: May 05, 2018, 04:55:27 pm »
Okay dug into the save file and i have both Dr. X herself and the initial topic you mentioned completed. However i never saw an article or popup for the topic. Nor is there one that i can find in the pedia. Last time something similar occurred it was a result of strings not matching between objects and there calls in the tech tree.

See attached screenies for issues with marsec changes, and my confusion with living blood.

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: May 05, 2018, 04:58:28 pm »
agreement error

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2232 on: May 05, 2018, 05:01:22 pm »
Huh you seem to have some outdated language files, Legion... As I have neither of these errors. Now the question is, is the problem with you, or with the mod package I posted?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: May 05, 2018, 05:21:02 pm »
Probably just incorrectly installed...

I see different things.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: May 05, 2018, 06:16:22 pm »
Well did a fresh clean install and that cleared up the pedia problems at least. Other stuff still broke.