Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1435454 times)

Offline Bartojan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #1380 on: January 24, 2017, 12:57:03 pm »
Are STR_GODS_G? strings for future use? They are not visible in Bootypedia.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1381 on: January 24, 2017, 05:14:00 pm »
Yes, for future use.

Offline Breki

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: January 27, 2017, 04:17:11 pm »
Hello there

Is there a bug in the 0.99E3 version with the Heavy slugthrowers? They seem to do very little damage against almost every enemy. After shooting an academy drone with two shots and hitting, then I press CTRL + H and get 0 damage on both shots. Anyone else having this problem?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: January 27, 2017, 04:27:54 pm »
Hello there

Is there a bug in the 0.99E3 version with the Heavy slugthrowers? They seem to do very little damage against almost every enemy. After shooting an academy drone with two shots and hitting, then I press CTRL + H and get 0 damage on both shots. Anyone else having this problem?

Yes, it's a known issue.
Will be fixed in next version.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: January 27, 2017, 04:37:31 pm »
Hello there

If you want to fix this before the next version, find Piratez.rul in (XPiratez Folder)/user/mods/Piratez/Ruleset, search for the entry "randomType: 5" - it should be under an item definition called "- type: STR_SLUGTHROWER_SHELLS" - and change it to randomType: 2.

Offline Breki

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: January 27, 2017, 04:54:45 pm »
Thank you for the assistance. It's my favorite weapon :)

Offline Bartojan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: February 06, 2017, 02:43:28 pm »
Ver 0.99F
Can't select another language than English in Options. See the pic.

Edit: The same problem on 3 different PCs. Manual language change in options.cfg doesn't help.
Edit2:
  • Renaming original Piratez_lang.rul to Piratez_lang-cs.rul doesn't help either. No language selection.
  • Renaming my Piratez_lang-cs.rul to Piratez_lang.rul ignores the language file completly. See pic 2. This one works, you have to change type: en-US
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 12:37:19 pm by Bartojan »

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #1387 on: February 06, 2017, 04:11:49 pm »
Ver 0.99F
Can't select another language than English in Options. See the pic.
This mod is only set up for En-US. 

Derp. Ignore me please.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 05:05:53 pm by ivandogovich »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1388 on: February 06, 2017, 05:07:18 pm »
But Bartojan is an "official" translator, he's been working on the Czech version of Piratez for ages and never had any issues. So this is a new thing - either on the mod/OXCE+ side, or his side.

Offline Roxis231

• Colonel
  • Catching the feral kitten hiding in my rubish bin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: February 08, 2017, 05:47:39 am »
Just a small one here - when viewed in the ufopedia the pictures Loot_Distribution.png & FUS.png show large amounts of pink where there should not be any - Ergo pallet problem

I've Included fixed ones below.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: February 08, 2017, 07:34:50 am »
Anyone else have there gear pile start cooking off? It's happening about 1 in 5 battles with my fortuna at end of first player turn.  I checked to see if I perhaps left preprimed greandes by accident and that's not it. Whatever is going on reloading the initial battlescape save prevents the cook off.  Any ideas?

Offline CrazyMode

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: February 08, 2017, 05:48:10 pm »
I got some wierd staff here, in 99f build.

I have grenader build, its just a girl with good throw skil, armor+throw, and bunch pre-primed grenades. After update from 99e.3 to 99f i got this situations on battle fields: if girl have pre-primed grenades in HER inventory, there is chanse this grenades start detonate.
But they are detonate not in HER location, but in location of vehicle inventory.
Like 2 HE grenades in girl inventory, i move her out, check inv, HE still there, pres turn, TWO detonates inside vehicle. Check girl inventory, bout grenades gone/

I start new game, on 99f, edit save(to have gren from start), add grenades on base, take the fight.
Equip girl with pre-primed grenades and... got this bug again.
Any suggestion?

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: February 08, 2017, 06:01:00 pm »
This is an issue with an engine upgrade, you need the latest exe from Meridian's thread to fix the bug.  You can also save on turn 1 and reload to fix this, but it might still be buggy until you get the fixed exe.

Offline Marza

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: February 09, 2017, 10:58:41 pm »
Bootypedia entries for some outfits/armour aren't given during a new game with the current version. I haven't researched up to defender armour yet so I don't know the full list of bootypedia entries affected, but so far it includes Ganger, Adventurer, Scout and Tac vest.

There's a research string that simply says WEREWOLF_ARMOR. I assume it's supposed to be STR_WEREWOLF_ARMOR instead? Nevermind, I worked out which bootypedia entry this is.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 11:05:39 pm by Marza »

Offline CrazyMode

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: February 10, 2017, 04:25:20 am »
This is an issue with an engine upgrade, you need the latest exe from Meridian's thread to fix the bug.  You can also save on turn 1 and reload to fix this, but it might still be buggy until you get the fixed exe.

I update exe file, test a little, and looks like problems with grenades is gone.
Thank you for your advice.