Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1434536 times)

Offline karadoc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #1320 on: December 26, 2016, 11:05:41 am »
Sometimes the list of active manufacturing projects doesn't fit. As in, I still can't see the bottom one when I scroll all the way to the bottom.

I'm pretty sure this is caused by the total length being miscalculated when there are multi-line projects.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: December 26, 2016, 12:01:12 pm »
Sometimes the list of active manufacturing projects doesn't fit. As in, I still can't see the bottom one when I scroll all the way to the bottom.
I'm pretty sure this is caused by the total length being miscalculated when there are multi-line projects.

Already fixed in vanilla and oxce+ 3.5.
And it's just a wrong size of the table, happens also when you have only 1-line projects.

Offline karadoc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: December 27, 2016, 01:01:19 am »
Cool. :)

--
Here's something minor:
I just got an end of month rating of "A SURREAL". It should probably just be "SURREAL".

Offline Marza

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: December 27, 2016, 07:43:00 pm »
I think I've found a few bugs with commendations.

The following commendations don't seem to ever be awarded:
  • Tank killer
  • Attitude problem
  • Defender of true science
  • Survivor
  • Globetrotter
  • Avenger

Some commendations are only awarded once when they imply they should be awarded multiple times, which includes this lot:
  • Gunner
  • Bomber
  • Slasher
  • Samurai
  • Ice-cold killer
  • Multi-killer
  • Person of mass destruction
  • Black widow
  • Blood widow
  • Idol
  • Succubus

The Assaulter and Psycho commendations call for STR_MEDAL_ARCHER_DESCRIPTION as their description and stunning enemies by hitting them with gunbutts awards the Arouser commendation

I've had a look through the files in the Ruleset folder (In particular Piratez_planet) but I don't know why the above commendations are only being awarded once, or not at all. For Tank killer, Attitude problem and Dots I've noticed are the only commendations that call for a specific unit in their kill criteria. Beyond that I haven't got a clue.

Offline karadoc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: December 29, 2016, 02:13:43 am »
I've discovered a very minor graphical glitch with the fire extinguisher. When it is held and the gal is facing the camera, there is are a a couple of pixels of junk at the edge of the image.

Also, law article #013 has "strenght" instead of "strength".

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1325 on: December 29, 2016, 05:02:16 am »
Thanks, fixed.

Offline Kharim

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: December 29, 2016, 08:02:42 pm »
Hello recently I had xpiratez crash to desktop. During battlescape mission (against raiders destroyer) I came to a point when game crashes after I end turn. Even when loaded the game and played it differently it seems that every time I end turn 6, game crashes. I got a windows message saying:

"OpenXcom  Error
OpenXcom has crashed: code 0xc0000005"

I also get this log and dump file (attached).

Could somebody help me? I would be very thankful!

Forum wouldn't let me attach dump file, so I had to zip it.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 08:05:38 pm by Kharim »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: December 29, 2016, 08:06:00 pm »
Can you attach a save file before the crash?

Offline karadoc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: December 30, 2016, 01:06:21 am »

In the manufacturing screen it is possible for the list of available categories to get messed up. Here's how:

Search for something (which narrows the list of items), then middle click to open the research screen, then return to the manufacturing screen. After doing this, the list of available manufacturing categories will only include things which matched the original search, even clearing the search or searching for something else.

(You can return the full list by closing and reopening the manufacturing screen.)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: December 30, 2016, 10:39:27 am »
In the manufacturing screen it is possible for the list of available categories to get messed up. Here's how:

Search for something (which narrows the list of items), then middle click to open the research screen, then return to the manufacturing screen. After doing this, the list of available manufacturing categories will only include things which matched the original search, even clearing the search or searching for something else.

(You can return the full list by closing and reopening the manufacturing screen.)

I cannot reproduce this, can someone confirm?

Offline juff

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: December 30, 2016, 10:42:10 am »
I'm having trouble healing a mercenary engineer. When I try it says there's no one there. I've also tried healing his unconscious form but it also doesn't work.

Also, I'm having trouble sometimes with my girls' TUs going to zero after sprinting. It happens a lot on mansion maps. Reloading always solves the issue though, so no problem there.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: December 30, 2016, 10:59:02 am »
I'm having trouble healing a mercenary engineer. When I try it says there's no one there. I've also tried healing his unconscious form but it also doesn't work.

Looks like you cannot heal mind-controlled enemies... not sure if that's a bug or a feature.

Also, I'm having trouble sometimes with my girls' TUs going to zero after sprinting. It happens a lot on mansion maps. Reloading always solves the issue though, so no problem there.

And how is that a problem? If you spend all your TUs, they go to zero... maybe there's something missing in your description?

Offline juff

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: December 30, 2016, 11:03:52 am »
Looks like you cannot heal mind-controlled enemies... not sure if that's a bug or a feature.

And how is that a problem? If you spend all your TUs, they go to zero... maybe there's something missing in your description?

sorry, I meant they go to zero regardless of how many TUs the move should cost. especially for mansion missions, sometimes walking through a door will zero out TUs even if it's just a couple of steps away. When it occurs, the UI grays out (as if under reaction fire) even if no one shoots.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: December 30, 2016, 11:26:52 am »
sorry, I meant they go to zero regardless of how many TUs the move should cost. especially for mansion missions, sometimes walking through a door will zero out TUs even if it's just a couple of steps away. When it occurs, the UI grays out (as if under reaction fire) even if no one shoots.

OK, that's better :)
I have never seen it though, if you (or anyone) would have a save for it, that would help me find the cause.

EDIT: Btw. it's a bug that you can't heal mind-controlled enemies, I will fix that.

Offline BTAxis

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: December 30, 2016, 01:11:52 pm »
I noticed that when playing base OXC as well actually - maybe it ought to be fixed at that level?