aliens

Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1434376 times)

Offline CaptainCorkscrew

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Let's Play: XPiratez
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #1125 on: November 10, 2016, 10:40:29 am »
Either it's an artifact from updating and old .sav or something is missing.

Same here. I have not dared research one of them, but I suspect that the name is simply missing.
I started the game with 99D.1 and upgraded to 99E to get rid of the spider crash bug.

A possibly new crash bug: I sent my craft (that shiny fast bike) after a civilian ship, told it to shoot it down, but it missed with all three of those balls. then the game crashed.

Both issues show up in the attached log.

Another minor issue is that I could not catch the fish in the underwater mission (haven't tried sharkmen yet). The Message I get is also such a variable name, mentioning lack of alien containment facility.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: November 10, 2016, 10:41:49 am »
Attach a save please, logs are useless.

Offline CaptainCorkscrew

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: November 10, 2016, 10:51:13 am »
Ok, too bad. I would have had a spider crash bug save, but none for this one, sorry. I will post one if it happens again.

Another possible bug I just remembered: One month I had ~ -1800 Reputation while it was positive in all other months so far. I have no idea where I got that reputation hit. The only thing I can imagine is that some research that is supposed to give 1000 or 2000 reputation actually subtracts it instead.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: November 10, 2016, 05:04:07 pm »
@CaptainCorkscrew

Is it possible that the opposing factions (mercs/church/traders/academy) did alot of missions like "Sway Local Government" or "Bombardment"?
Are there any left-over hideouts on the globe?

Enemy hideout hits for -5 every day of existence and each successful supply-ship adds to the negative score.

What kind of research topics do you finished for reputation-gain/loss?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1129 on: November 10, 2016, 05:48:09 pm »
Same here. I have not dared research one of them, but I suspect that the name is simply missing.

Yeah, like Zharkov says, these topics result from an upgrade and are invisible in a new game. Research them ASAP, probably even 0 Brainers will get them researched in 1 day.

A possibly new crash bug: I sent my craft (that shiny fast bike) after a civilian ship, told it to shoot it down, but it missed with all three of those balls. then the game crashed.

No idea. Save is needed.

Another minor issue is that I could not catch the fish in the underwater mission (haven't tried sharkmen yet). The Message I get is also such a variable name, mentioning lack of alien containment facility.

The only bug is the misplaced string. No screenshot? Please be precise about what the message was. I cannot really playtest live capture in the QC.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 05:50:28 pm by Dioxine »

Offline CaptainCorkscrew

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: November 10, 2016, 08:15:53 pm »
@Ethereal_Medic

No idea what those factions do, I am not that far yet and I have been rather low profile. I am close to a year of ingame time and have just begun to shoot down craft (100+ cargo/supply ships, some of which I captured on the ground).
I researched some stuff that gave 1000 reputation, one gave 2000. They were called something with economy, military something, I don't recall exactly. I had about five of those so far.
If there are hideouts they are all still there, I have no idea.

All I can say that my reputation/month was always positive, roughly in the 200-3500 range, and only once in between it was -1800. That's why I suspect a bug in those reputation research thingies.

Dioxine: I will keep save games in the future. I guess I will easily reproduce the fish thingy with the next underwater mission.

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: November 11, 2016, 12:57:41 pm »
I don't know if this is a bug or not, but it was interesting and could be useful.

If the last enemy is taken out with berserker fire, does it count them in the score?  I have a map that had 4 enemies, ninjas. 1 was definitely killed, 2 were stunned, and the last was hit by a berserking hand, I don't know if she was killed or stunned, and 1 lokk'narr was killed. ended up with 1 kill, 2 captures, and 2 looted corpses. I don't know if you ever loot civilians.

Actually would be useful to know in general if berserk kills count to the score, either positive or negative.

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Crash
« Reply #1132 on: November 11, 2016, 04:37:24 pm »
Might not be so usefull, but says it should be reported to the developers - so here it is.

Edit after some testing: It runs fine, if the "savvy girl"- research is canceled.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 05:04:22 pm by Zharkov »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1133 on: November 11, 2016, 06:35:58 pm »
Yes, it was a non-existent reasearch... thank you.

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: November 11, 2016, 09:09:01 pm »
I am not sure what happened here. I am drunk and I tried to catch one of those fishs alive.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1135 on: November 11, 2016, 10:02:47 pm »
I *HOPE* the string is STR_ALIEN_DIES_NO_ALIEN_CONTAINMENT_FACILITY_1, but who knows...? Meridian?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 10:07:43 pm by Dioxine »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: November 12, 2016, 12:13:27 am »
I *HOPE* the string is STR_ALIEN_DIES_NO_ALIEN_CONTAINMENT_FACILITY_1, but who knows...? Meridian?

How should I know? It's whatever is written in the "prisonType" attribute...

https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,4830.msg69933.html#msg69933

Offline stepbystep

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: November 12, 2016, 12:53:12 am »
Playing in 0.99E, found a building that has a second level but the stairs don't connect.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1138 on: November 12, 2016, 02:07:41 am »
How should I know? It's whatever is written in the "prisonType" attribute...

https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,4830.msg69933.html#msg69933

That helped a lot, thank youuu...

Offline CaptainCorkscrew

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: November 12, 2016, 03:18:30 pm »
I had a crash on the geoscape just now and I guess the log is helpful in this case. It says it misses some files.