Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1434027 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #870 on: August 09, 2016, 04:41:52 am »
I think it makes sense to rob him automatically afterwords; why let the interrogated guy keep his stuff? Is the promise of keeping your stuff the good cop to the bad cop of systemic torture?

Or maybe whatever he had was taken by the Brainers as extra compensation? Or it was ritually destroyed in front of the guy in a religious ritual to summon the God of Pain? Who knows? The players will be the happiest to be able answer this question for themselves :) I don't fret, I like the way it works now.

Offline Star_Treasure

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: August 09, 2016, 04:57:57 am »
I'm not sure if this is related to the bug I reported earlier, but when I open the inventory screen and then close it, strange behavior occurs. Sometimes gals will go insane (which is supposed to only happen on the start of a turn.) And i have seen Gals suddenly get their TUs refreshed and weapons reloaded.

This is using a freshly downloaded binary on windows. Right now it's happening while I'm using Debug mode to find stragglers on urban missions, but I seem to recall having it happen without debug mode on.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #872 on: August 09, 2016, 09:39:22 am »
It's a normal behaviour for the debug mode.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: August 09, 2016, 05:47:24 pm »
I have been awarded medal Idol for stunning one ghoul 3 times with one gal and capturing it, instead for capturing 3 enemies per one mission.
Save attached.

What the description says and what the game really checks can be two different things.
Tracking entire course of the battle, especially time-disconnected events is extremely complex... close to "not worth the effort".

In this case the game just checks how many times anyone went unconscious at any time (by your hand).
If it was the same or different unit is not checked... just like it is not checked if they died afterwards or not... try stunning 3 and then throw a grenade at them and kill them, you'll still get the award... and two more awards for killing them too :P

What I wanted to say is... it's complicated :)

Incidentally, this reminds me of something that is likely a bug: researching a prisoner type multiple times gives the can now enslave and rob message each time, or at least more than once, at least for me, should be up to date.  I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to give that message more than once.

yes, this annoys me too... I have it on my todo list with low prio.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 05:49:48 pm by Meridian »

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: August 09, 2016, 07:52:58 pm »
Regarding the Idol medal, I had written code to prevent people from psi-panicking an alien repeatedly to get medals. That code should be easily adapted to stuns. The code is found here: https://github.com/SupSuper/OpenXcom/blob/master/src/Savegame/BattleUnitStatistics.h#L334

A call to that function just needs to be added at the appropriate place.

Offline Surrealistik

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: August 09, 2016, 08:29:01 pm »
The Prospector says it has a Light hardpoint, but I cannot attach a gauss cannon/charger laser to it.

Offline Star_Treasure

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: August 09, 2016, 09:25:52 pm »
It's a normal behaviour for the debug mode.

Oh,

Is there any way to reveal the map without breaking core game mechanics, or am I going to have to bring Aye phones on every mission that might possibly have an urban/shantytown tileset? The game is more or less unplayable when that happens.

niculinux

« Reply #877 on: August 09, 2016, 09:26:47 pm »
Again in the 099A1 don't know if warehouses are supposed to spawn in the exotic village. if o i'd humbly ask to avoi, because i think it's not makes much sense. 'shot attache

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: August 09, 2016, 10:16:05 pm »
Is the source code for this available on github? I'm curious to see if I can fix some of the commendation related issues.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: August 09, 2016, 10:18:39 pm »
Is the source code for this available on github? I'm curious to see if I can fix some of the commendation related issues.

OXCE: https://github.com/Yankes/OpenXcom/commits/OpenXcomExtended

OXCE+: https://github.com/MeridianOXC/OpenXcom/commits/oxce3.0-plus-proto

We didn't merge everything from master yet, so some of the commendation issues may already be fixed.
If there are still some left, I'd suggest to fix them on master and we (=Yankes :) ) will merge them sooner or later.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #880 on: August 10, 2016, 12:08:33 am »
Has someone looked into engine not displaying turrets on AI tanks? It needs to be unfucked again (got broken during Nightly version upgrade, that is, v. 0.99+).

Another problem is the melee. Enemies lately seem to be extremely reluctant to attack in melee. Before 0.99, it was a common occurence to get swarmed by scorpions or stabbed by a ratman. Now they just aprroach to 1-2 tiles and then kinda mill around you, instead of attacking. Can someone check if their behaviour wasn't changed due to Nightly upgrade? Or was it changed by the fact that they were changed from having a "Terrorist" weapon to a "built-in" weapon?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 12:10:29 am by Dioxine »

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: August 10, 2016, 06:34:12 am »
Good to know the pansy scorpions is a bug, I was worried.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: August 10, 2016, 09:42:01 am »
Probably the OXC retracted a bugfix that Warboy once did at my request, which allowed for AI tanks to have turrets displayed. Needs to be fixed again.

I don't understand.
Did you mean to say OXC or OXCE?
Something "allowed for AI tanks to have turrets displayed" ... huh?
Any pointers to original discussion or source code?

EDIT: it doesn't seem to be an EXE-related issue:

1. oxce2.9+ exe + 0.99 ruleset = turret OK
2. oxce3.2+ exe + 0.99 ruleset = turret OK
3. oxce2.9+ exe + 0.99a.1 ruleset = turret missing
4. oxce3.2+ exe + 0.99a.1 ruleset = turret missing

See also: https://github.com/MeridianOXC/OpenXcom/blob/oxce3.0-plus-proto/src/Savegame/SavedBattleGame.cpp#L1416

Turret type doesn't get set for builtInWeapons (i.e. AUX_XTANK_CANNON_WEAPON)... only for livingWeapons (i.e. WAR_MACHINES_WEAPON... which doesn't exist).

I have now added code to set turretType also for builtInWeapons, not only for livingWeapons (https://github.com/MeridianOXC/OpenXcom/commit/05ad0ffbe384b276a8fcd4b0dcf13c8ca52cc45b)... but your change may have other implications too... for example those peaceful scorpions?

I however don't want to look into AI unless absolutely necessary, so I'd prefer if someone else debugged that... maybe ask Yankes?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 11:32:45 am by Meridian »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #883 on: August 10, 2016, 02:08:26 pm »
Turret type doesn't get set for builtInWeapons (i.e. AUX_XTANK_CANNON_WEAPON)... only for livingWeapons (i.e. WAR_MACHINES_WEAPON... which doesn't exist).

Ah crap. Right, now I understand the problem. However I can no longer use livingWeapons, because Commendations :/ (All tanks need to have the same 'race', or there will be la bordello in the 'killed by race' section of Diaries.) If push comes to shove, I can glue the turret to the tank chassis and make a new spritesheet.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: August 10, 2016, 02:50:31 pm »
Ah crap. Right, now I understand the problem. However I can no longer use livingWeapons, because Commendations :/ (All tanks need to have the same 'race', or there will be la bordello in the 'killed by race' section of Diaries.) If push comes to shove, I can glue the turret to the tank chassis and make a new spritesheet.

I have fixed that turret issue, new exe will be ready today.
But have someone check that AI... or if nobody volunteers in a few days, I can look too.