Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1433793 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #780 on: August 04, 2016, 03:19:37 am »
Unlikely, that map was played dozens of times w/o crashes; it's nothing new. Unless something was caused by exec upgrade.

Offline Surrealistik

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: August 04, 2016, 03:45:34 am »
Unlikely, that map was played dozens of times w/o crashes; it's nothing new. Unless something was caused by exec upgrade.

In that case that's probably it; something specific to this map and that the update has made a mess of; the spore items I can't help but feel might be the culprit since there has been some fuckery with other items that had to be corrected (like the Exquisite Lingerie).

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: August 04, 2016, 07:36:23 am »
Messing up one item's manufacture by adding the wrong requirement has little to do with other items.

But I have a CTD to report too.. Crash happens just after ending the mission, either winning or aborting.

edit: Uploaded a fixed save that only uses normal piratez mods. It changes nothing, but just to make things simpler.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 07:51:38 am by Arthanor »

Offline Surrealistik

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: August 04, 2016, 09:25:48 am »
All I'm saying is that the cockroach principle may apply.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: August 04, 2016, 10:53:43 am »
But I have a CTD to report too.. Crash happens just after ending the mission, either winning or aborting.
edit: Uploaded a fixed save that only uses normal piratez mods. It changes nothing, but just to make things simpler.

Crashes on Commendations:
1. soldier Copper Tombstone
2. medal STR_MEDAL_BETRAYER_NAME
NULL pointer exception, when trying to get some info about a weapon with empty name. See attached.

No idea how to fix it, I would have to study the Commendations code... and that would take me a lot of time... probably better to report to Shoes.

EDIT: I can make a quick fix, so that it doesn't crash... by just skipping such cases, but I don't know if that is a proper fix or just a workaround...
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 11:22:28 am by Meridian »

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: August 04, 2016, 11:02:56 am »
Another crash on mission end in the Jungle map with the spore mine (?) plants while farming Supply Ships; save attached; log:

Exactly the same crash as above, on soldier Edgy Muzzle, same medal, same NPE.

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: August 04, 2016, 11:41:37 am »
Another one of those elusive melee bugs, from a melee with fistycuffs from a power armor gall to a power armor bodyguard who had stun damage and was hit by a indirect flamethrower shot that may have done nothing on him.this time i ought to make a proper report with a save and all.I have save scumming disabled but to make sure you can check it yourself.

But because the openxcom log is more than 20000 characters i will have to post the log here and then the save on another post

EDIT:Or not,it somehow managed to do both
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 12:44:54 pm by doctor medic »

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: August 04, 2016, 12:39:52 pm »
Another one of those elusive melee bugs, from a melee with fistycuffs from a power armor gall to a power armor bodyguard who had stun damage and was hit by a indirect flamethrower shot that may have done nothing on him.this time i ought to make a proper report with a save and all.I have save scumming disabled but to make sure you can check it yourself.

So what do I need to do to reproduce the bug?
Just attack the power armor guy with fistycuffs? If so, it didn't crash for me...

Also, can you upload the "altJugger" mod... I don't have that one... maybe it is causing the crash...

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: August 04, 2016, 12:44:25 pm »
I made a new save without the juggernaut mod and updated the previous post's save.

Was anything odd found in the openxcom log?

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: August 04, 2016, 12:55:58 pm »
I made a new save without the juggernaut mod and updated the previous post's save.

I don't need that, I can turn off a mod myself too.
What I need are steps how to reproduce it... where exactly did you stand when you attacked the guy, did it crash after first attack or only after he passed out? Just describe to me what do I need to do exactly to get the crash.

Was anything odd found in the openxcom log?

No, log just says it crashed, nothing else. Logs are mostly useless :)

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: August 04, 2016, 01:13:32 pm »
I walked up to him without sprinting with the jug being the first to move,i position her from "above" or rather the northeast tile closest to him and then i hit him without him passing out and then i get a crash after a few hits.

I notice that melee crashes happen after the hit,maybe the game experiances an imposimble calculation and it crashes,on that matter how is damage calculated if the damage calculator divides a number in a way that wont have a failed result such as 3 divided by 9

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: August 04, 2016, 03:37:53 pm »
I walked up to him without sprinting with the jug being the first to move,i position her from "above" or rather the northeast tile closest to him and then i hit him without him passing out and then i get a crash after a few hits.

No matter what I do, I cannot make it crash... can someone else please try if you can make it crash?

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: August 04, 2016, 04:46:50 pm »
For some reason whenever i try to recreate the bug it simply doesnt happen no matter how many times i try it and no matter if i have save scuming on or off,it only happens at that time and then whenever it feels like it.

That is why i theorized that it had to do with the damage calculation but save scuming debunks that theory.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: August 04, 2016, 05:00:37 pm »
Hey Dioxine, is the X-Bow meant to be listed in the shotgun category (STR_BAT_CAT_SHOTGUN)?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #794 on: August 04, 2016, 05:12:23 pm »
Code: [Select]
STR_BAT_CAT_SHOTGUN: "Short Range Guns"
Isn't the crossbow short-range direct fire weapon?