Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1433982 times)

Offline vlad

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #150 on: January 03, 2016, 01:18:04 am »
upgraded recently to 097B and dont know why there is exploding part of forest (using 097B and Meridian's exe 2015-12-29)
saves attached are named alphabetically in time order - D before any explosion is noticed, E is next round after D i think and H is few rounds later another random explosions in same spot in next round

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #151 on: January 03, 2016, 05:14:10 am »
Do you think that scary forest is just supposed to look scary? Think again. Wrong mod.

Offline vlad

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 03, 2016, 09:29:15 am »
Do you think that scary forest is just supposed to look scary? Think again. Wrong mod.
Ah, i kinda love the greyish feel actually. It wasnt scaring me, just didnt know its intended. Thanks for info :)

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #153 on: January 06, 2016, 02:31:19 am »
Dropping off a few more typos and corrections for the Pirate_lang.rul file.  :)

Spoiler:
Piratez_lang.rul
Line 2628:
      STR_MISSION_GOVT_PATROL_UFOPEDIA: "The truth is, Govt ships can be recognized simply by red-and-blue lights they bear (normally Fighters and Ordinators). The provincial govts mind their business, and they pay us our racket money, so it's kinda faux pass to attack them, but their bigger craft carry valuable booty, so it's your choice, Cap'n!"

Should be
…kinda faux pas

Line 911:     STR_SPARTANS_UFOPEDIA: "Status: LESSER POWER{NEWLINE}These mercenaries /scavengers /bandits live out in the wild, in hidden fortresses, forming a highly hierarchical and xenophobic society of 'survivors', or 'preppers', as they call themselves. They're taught to follow their holy book, 'The Rules of Engagement'. They pride themselves for things like personal liberty and the right to bear arms, but bear no disobedience towards superiors, namely old (oftentimes geriatric), accomplished warriors. Add to that an ideology of human racial purity and the subservient role of women in their ranks is not suprising. Facing a negative population growth, they replenish their ranks with insecure, young city dwellers. Most of these die rather quickly."

Should be
… in their ranks is not surprising.

Line 2537:      STR_SLAVE_UFOPEDIA: "Workshop Code: S{NEWLINE}Work Efficiency: 1.5{NEWLINE}Captured enemy males who lack any valuable skills are put to simple menial work at our hideout, which translates into extra 1.5 points of storage space. Not everyone is fit to be a slave; some captives are too headstrong and dangerous to risk it, while also being uninterested in any special accomodations we can realistically provide. Some are simply too weak. Some, like civilians or high goverment officials, have to be spared this fate on politi... on the moral grounds."

Should be
… special accommodations….
And
…. High government officials…

Line 2619:         STR_MISSION_MILITARY_SUPPLY_UFOPEDIA: "These missions are flown by Spartans, Raiders, Govt. After watching several Light Gunboats circling around, watch out for the main dish - a Military Transport, laden with low-tech but plentiful military gear. It can be blown off the sky, but definitely has to eventually stop somewhere, and for a fair duration."

Should be
…It can be blown out of the sky

Cheers! :)

Offline Gunner-chan

• Sergeant
  • Kero kero
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 12, 2016, 10:05:57 pm »
So I think I might of found something unintended, but it very well might be a "Don't do that!" sorta bug.

Last night I ended up on a farm mission, and when I was gonna check a guild engineer I knocked out for lethal wounds I noticed an apple item too, so I picked it up. And I could either aimed shot or throw it like the molotovs and black powder bombs?

And attempting to do so resulted in a weird noise as it flew and a crash. I'm using latest update on a fresh save + Meridians tweaked exe

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #155 on: January 12, 2016, 10:15:00 pm »
Yes, it was a version problem, a line of code was depreciated and deleted but not replaced by a new one. The fix was done a couple weeks ago, but waits for the 0.97c to be finished for release. For now, please just refrain from throwing apples. Interesting, I was actually wondering today if someone notices that before it gets fixed...

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 12, 2016, 10:16:04 pm »
Everytime i complete a research for the special ammo for smartpistols the game crashes to desktop

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #157 on: January 12, 2016, 10:22:40 pm »
Yes, there was some sort of a bug (pasting a corrected entry here). Thanks for info. However, what bugs me is the fact you were researching smartpistol ammo and there's no such research.

Code: [Select]
ufopaedia:
  - id: STR_PISTOL_ADV_CLIP
    type_id: 4
    section: STR_NOT_AVAILABLE
    requires:
      - STR_PISTOL_ADV
      - STR_ALIEN_ALLOYS

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 12, 2016, 10:35:51 pm »
Well the alloy version and it was probably properly writen

Apperently the real issue seems that after 23:01:00 thursday 4th of january year 2603 the game crashes and at random times,the time will not be the same after each reload.
There is also a sektrak in the air on a trading mission.

Also i made the ammo, not researched it but that is not the point as it seems.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 10:40:50 pm by doctor medic »

Offline AbuDhabi

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 16, 2016, 07:53:46 pm »
(Potential) bugs:
1. For successfully fending off this smuggler crackdown, I get negative score - which is strange, because I get positive score for smacking smugglers around elsewhere. Simply press end turn or shoot the dog and then do so.
2. Public Enemy MC'd a dog before being shot in reaction fire. Turn advances to mine, but doesn't end combat, because dog is now hostile for a turn. This (all remaining enemies are MC'd friendlies) should possibly auto-end. Not sure if this is Piratez or OpenXcom related.
3. Dioxine - you can see my tech advances here, and that I can't advance any further, which we spoke about in the release thread. I still haven't caught that Stormtrooper, though.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #160 on: January 16, 2016, 08:14:26 pm »
1. You get negative score for some (catgirl, captain, PE) and positive for some others (goons). Simply outweighted.
2. Can't do anything, that's a code thing. Not even a real bug, either, if you ask me.
3. Re-checked most prequs, it should be unlocked once you interrogate him. I will add more ways to get the MPG and/or Stormtrooper in the future release, since finishing the game shouldn't really hand on a minor faction.

Offline Galwail

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 17, 2016, 10:20:58 pm »
Starting the mission in the attached save sometimes crashes the game with:

Code: [Select]
[17-01-2016 21:15:18] [FATAL] invalid vector<T> subscript
Using the 0.97C version.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #162 on: January 18, 2016, 02:41:35 am »
I suspect something with the enemy deployment, or engine explosion, but I've never seen this error before. Anyone knows what it means?

EDIT: it's not deployment, I ran it like dozen of times in QB mode. Invalid terrain seems unlikely as well, it happens too often and the terrains are well-tested...
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 02:53:29 am by Dioxine »

Offline Galwail

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 18, 2016, 08:04:07 am »
Could it be caused by one of the random weapons the enemies are assigned? There are two new enemy types in the mission, that I have never seen before. Maybe one of them is bugged?

Off-topic: Those flamethrower guys are crazy  ;D

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #164 on: January 18, 2016, 11:04:24 am »
That's what I'm referring to as "deployment".... it was my first thought but repeated testing in quick battle shown no sign of errors.