aliens

Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1471439 times)

Offline Berggen

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #4410 on: October 25, 2023, 06:57:52 pm »

Edit: ground assaultin an heavy gunship, osiron security guys seems to come ut from the marked ship wall, while i cannot

If I remember correctly this ship, he didnt cross that wall, it should be a door above him in the second floor.

Offline Zesty

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4411 on: October 28, 2023, 09:55:49 pm »

Most enemies are stuck and refuse to move, 11 turns in. Which is a bit of a problem considering they have full TUs and reaction the hell out of me if I poke my head out...

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #4412 on: October 29, 2023, 10:48:41 pm »
file update N5.0.2(or 0.3?) to N5.2.1
crash when day 17th.

I think the issue had finally been nailed. These bugs MIGHT appear in mid-late game for everyone, so here's simple solution-

Remove from Piratez_Planet.rul three lines with this command, looking like this:
    missionRegion: STR_NORTH_AMERICA

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4413 on: October 29, 2023, 11:26:02 pm »
Most enemies are stuck and refuse to move, 11 turns in. Which is a bit of a problem considering they have full TUs and reaction the hell out of me if I poke my head out...
On the last part, I'm almost willing to call it a feature and not a bug  :)
Like the OXCE AI has learned on how to camp, battle square style.

Offline Zesty

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4414 on: October 30, 2023, 12:12:22 am »

Yeah its actually kind of funny how much more effective that is than actually coming after me. My melee girls would easily massacre them if they ran forward.

The only problem is that they haven't figured out how to turn to face me so they can see me for reaction fire.

Offline Vakrug

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4415 on: October 30, 2023, 10:18:11 am »
Base defense is pretty much the only mission when such behavior is unacceptable. For once aliens are the one who attacks, so they should not camp.
If aliens would figure out how to camp in all other missions, that would be invaluable. (Although standing completely still is also not desirable, they should be spotted with motion scanners.)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #4416 on: November 01, 2023, 06:10:25 pm »
I wish this kind of thing happened to me just once in the 100s of base defenses so I could finish a base defense in 2 turns lol! But no, they are always swarming, which can be quite !fun! if defenders are thin :) Zesty must have been born under some unholy lucky star or has a real talent to Hideout construction that causes such unheard of behaviour :)

Offline ciqasty

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4417 on: November 04, 2023, 06:23:28 pm »
Got a possible bug on one map - this is "professional pest control" mission. Exterminator equipment is placed next to him where tree is, instead of under him (on pre-mission equip screen his eq from the ground was not available) - because of it it cannot be picked up without clearing the tree. Attaching save.

Offline ciqasty

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4418 on: November 05, 2023, 12:04:49 pm »
Similar to above possible map issue - ship door are blocked by vegetation so enemies cannot leave (though it is shot down enemy, so may be like bad luck, but still there should be no enemies outside then xD)

Offline UnholyAngel

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4419 on: November 08, 2023, 02:01:44 pm »
My game crashed when it tried to generate the STR_SMUGGLER_BASE.

I attach the log that doubtlessly describes the problem better than I could.

edit: Locking at save I am confused why the issue even come up at this point, given that the mission should not spawn anything for a while yet.

- type: STR_LOC_SMUGGLER_BASE
    region: REGION_SMUGGLER_BASE
    race: STR_SMUGGLER
    nextWave: 0
    nextUfoCounter: 0
    spawnCountdown: 12457
    liveUfos: 0
    uniqueID: 783
    missionSiteZone: 8

edit 2: I apologize, I now know what and it was mistake and not a bug.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2023, 06:14:48 pm by UnholyAngel »

Offline ciqasty

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4420 on: November 09, 2023, 11:07:16 am »
Yet another map issue - reapers placement makes them unable to leave the house - even though there is destroyed wall where they will fit, map edge will not allow them to move there.

Offline Zesty

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4421 on: November 10, 2023, 02:07:57 am »
I wish this kind of thing happened to me just once in the 100s of base defenses so I could finish a base defense in 2 turns lol! But no, they are always swarming, which can be quite !fun! if defenders are thin :) Zesty must have been born under some unholy lucky star or has a real talent to Hideout construction that causes such unheard of behaviour :)

So is there something I should know when building my bases to avoid this bug? Are they trying to path to a specific tile that I'm blocking somehow?

And yeah, if I knew this would happen it would be easy. I just normally don't equip the grenades during base defense since throwing in low ceiling rooms is problematic.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #4422 on: November 11, 2023, 02:16:36 pm »
So is there something I should know when building my bases to avoid this bug? Are they trying to path to a specific tile that I'm blocking somehow?

No idea dude, it is you who managed to do that first. Only you can know the secret (another explanation could be very low computer specs, I guess?).

Offline Zesty

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4423 on: November 12, 2023, 05:20:12 am »
No idea dude, it is you who managed to do that first. Only you can know the secret (another explanation could be very low computer specs, I guess?).

Definitely not a computer spec problem (7600x, 32 GB ram).

Obviously I laid out the base to give them a long path to walk through but I'm not sure how I did it still.

Offline Soban

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4424 on: November 13, 2023, 04:17:04 pm »
I started the game anew with version N6.0.7 but still couldn't avoid this error  :(