Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1434802 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #4155 on: March 28, 2022, 12:17:08 am »
Yes I know, I uploaded my files in haste and forgot a couple. Current download should be fine.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #4156 on: March 29, 2022, 11:53:50 pm »
Something's fucky (screenshot) in the NUKE_CITY. Can walk through walls, there's holes in the ground next to some stairs, can't climb up some stairs because you just fall through, can also walk through some fences. From savegame: lastUsedMapScript: NUKE_CITY_6; flattenedMapTerrainNames: NUKE_CITY_NORAD_6; flattenedMapBlockNames: NUKECITY04

I've fixed that wall, also found one flight of broken stairs on that map, but without screenshots I can't do much more - it's searching for a needle in a haystack. The map has around 3000 tiles. Please document map bugs.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #4157 on: March 30, 2022, 12:04:55 am »
LIL' ILYA fires Spike Rockets, but its weapon type is LIGHT? Also, Spike Rockets require Divebomb tech to manufacture? Neither of these two makes sense.

Producing STR_HUMAN_CITY_GIRL_SALVAGE requires 400h of labor and a Leather Whip, it also requires Persuasion tech. This seems rather unusual/expensive to produce only a SLAVE MAID. Is this a bug? Shouldn't the product be a SLAVE GLADIATRIX or something?

I've already asked you multiple times to not post your suggestions in this thread, only bugreports. I will not explain myself.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #4158 on: March 30, 2022, 12:20:56 am »
Cobra Staff melee attack says it uses "sleep poison". HP damage is reduced, but there's no stun damage? Probably missing ToStun damage modifier.

STR_CAMO_PAINT_UC and STR_PEASANT_DIVER_UC are missing visibilityAtDark

You are in error:
1. That attack uses Daze damage which has ToStun 1.0 by default;
2. These armors have NV=9 which, again, is default.

Offline Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4159 on: March 30, 2022, 11:09:19 am »
I've already asked you multiple times to not post your suggestions in this thread, only bugreports. I will not explain myself.

Thanks for checking out these other bug reports of mine. As I previously mentioned, everything I post in this thread I consider a "possible bug", despite the wording I might use (for suggestions I use a different thread). In case a report is not a bug, then you simply need to say that the specific reported feature is "By Design" and the problem is solved, no explanation needed. But I'd still like to apologize because, like every human being, I make mistakes, and it's sometimes impossible to tell whether a feature is a bug or not. In that case, isn't it still better to make a report instead of staying quiet? Please don't take these bug reports as personal attacks, I'm not trying to troll you or anything.

You are in error:
1. That attack uses Daze damage which has ToStun 1.0 by default;
2. These armors have NV=9 which, again, is default.

Ah, sorry, my bad. I missed those defaults. On the topic of NV, I guess I was confused because, all armors, except those two, have visibilityAtDark defined, even when the value is 9.

I've fixed that wall, also found one flight of broken stairs on that map, but without screenshots I can't do much more - it's searching for a needle in a haystack. The map has around 3000 tiles. Please document map bugs.

Thanks! I'll be on the lookout for any bugs the next time the map comes up during my gameplay.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2022, 11:11:51 am by Delian »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #4160 on: March 30, 2022, 01:51:42 pm »
Sorry for being a little harsh as well, you're invaluable help in bug squashing.
Re: Hit FX (damage flash being displayed only for the last pellet in shotguns). The author of the script is aware of this, he asked the OXCE devs about the same thing when writing it and the short answer is: it cannot be done.

Offline TheFluffy

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4161 on: March 31, 2022, 03:09:27 am »
I had a crash trying to do a crashed rogue courier in the farmlands of europe between the two mountain ranges of france and germany, included as per the error message's instructions are my save, log, and screenshot.

to recreate: simply send my littlebird or airbus to the crash and attempt to do mission, as per how to do it outside of my save I guess just shoot down a rogue courier anywhere and attempt to do the mission?

mods used: moar hiring, Vd music addon V1.3.2 (not sure if these affect anything but better safe than sorry)

edit: version of piratez is M5.0.1 in the event that isn't the current version anymore
« Last Edit: March 31, 2022, 03:13:56 am by TheFluffy »

Offline Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4162 on: March 31, 2022, 11:01:17 am »
Current version is M5.2.0, so upgrade and try again.

Offline BTAxis

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4163 on: March 31, 2022, 02:54:23 pm »
The bootypedia says that damaged facilities can be repaired by left clicking on them, but that isn't true. Left clicking just dismantles the facility.

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4164 on: March 31, 2022, 04:40:19 pm »
Have you actually tried it?

Offline BTAxis

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4165 on: March 31, 2022, 06:56:01 pm »
Yes.

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4166 on: March 31, 2022, 08:24:55 pm »
Then that problem is with a specific building. Which one? Leftclolicking should transform the building into another level.

Offline BTAxis

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4167 on: March 31, 2022, 08:26:30 pm »
Armored Vaults, in this case.

I initially left clicked it only to be told it was in use. After freeing up 250 storage space, I was then only allowed to disassemble it.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2022, 08:33:02 pm by BTAxis »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #4168 on: March 31, 2022, 08:33:28 pm »
It repairs DAMAGED buildings. Undamaged ones it razes.

EDIT: But Armored Vaults were indeed bugged. Fix will be available in 5.2.1 later today.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2022, 08:36:13 pm by Dioxine »

Offline BTAxis

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4169 on: March 31, 2022, 09:36:12 pm »
Awesome! Thanks a 10^6.