Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1434301 times)

Offline Mitra Lightbringer

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #3645 on: June 19, 2020, 10:39:44 am »
After review of the save i can answer some of your issues.

Voodoo Initiation and demonic sacrifices are blocked because a certain event prerequisite will never fire on lowest difficulty. Nearly everything voodoo related is disabled on lowest difficulty by the is lockout.

Not sure whats going on with protegee and the message.

That said your only a few VIPs away from being able to start making the final craft for a win. Acquire a Cardinal(church bases, shrine ships, or bought), A guild-master(Traders bases, very large trader ships like battleships, or bought), Academy provost(base, large ships, or bought) And either a Public enemy(found rarely on the smuggler ship that is a Millennium Falcon expy) or A stargod coordinator(Silver towers or bases). Lastly a Belter(From space freighters, or as a get one free from broken smuggler negotiators(which can be found by progressing the city arc after terminal terror mission)  After that you can do the end game.

I'll just start the game from the beginning then on second difficulty, then. I am really grateful you took your time to help me. Cheers.

Edit: Oh, and, before someone Molotovs on my house, I play on easiest difficulty, because I always played X-Com on lowest, since I was a kid that did not know English, but I still wanted to play TFTD (I did not like EU). I also do all sorts of self imposing challenges, like no equipment/weapons/craft I can't make myself, no slave soldiers, just 3 bases, no explosive weapons, etc. so I get enough fun and challenge as it is. I don't need bragging rights for being hard-core.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2020, 10:48:26 am by Mitra Lightbringer »

xcomfan

« Reply #3646 on: June 19, 2020, 01:01:57 pm »
L2 again, there are some duplicate regards to "airball" in mmanufacture section or is that nomal? Save and 'shots attached

Edit: autogun PS ammo is a 2x2 intended? the sprite need to bie stretched a bit
« Last Edit: June 19, 2020, 03:03:15 pm by xcomfan »

Offline MemoryTAS

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3647 on: June 19, 2020, 02:31:35 pm »
Read the bootypedia entry.

Offline Hyton

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3648 on: June 22, 2020, 11:22:55 am »
I have gotten a crash report  when ever i got attacked at my base and i think i've figured out whats happening.

early on i had made it so there was only 1 way into the rest of the base using the access lift and a corridor but i replaced the corridor with a barracks (so the Gals were closer to the hanger to better defend) Turns out the game doesn't like that and crashes every time if i get a base assault because i replaced the corridor, cause it apparently overlaps and causes a fatal error

I felt i should report this .. uhh i think its a bug.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3649 on: June 22, 2020, 12:04:45 pm »
I have gotten a crash report  when ever i got attacked at my base and i think i've figured out whats happening.

early on i had made it so there was only 1 way into the rest of the base using the access lift and a corridor but i replaced the corridor with a barracks (so the Gals were closer to the hanger to better defend) Turns out the game doesn't like that and crashes every time if i get a base assault because i replaced the corridor, cause it apparently overlaps and causes a fatal error

I felt i should report this .. uhh i think its a bug.

can you upload your save?

if it overlaps, then it is not a bug

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3650 on: June 22, 2020, 07:18:57 pm »
Windows download: https://lxnt.wtf/oxem/builds//ExtendedTests/Extended-6.5.3.1-test-f54a3a21f-2020-06-13-win64.7z
Why upload file to site which have expired SSL certificate and could be dangerous? I'm getting warning in Firefox. It's not good. Of course I can accept the risk (I did it already) but it looks suspicious.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3651 on: June 22, 2020, 07:21:23 pm »
Why upload file to site which have expired SSL certificate and could be dangerous? I'm getting warning in Firefox. It's not good. Of course I can accept the risk (I did it already) but it looks suspicious.

It was not uploaded there.
That's the build server, the file was created there directly.
I have no access to that server and cannot update certificates.

Offline arbee81

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3652 on: July 03, 2020, 02:55:06 pm »
Not sure if this is a bug or just unexpected behavior.  I was trying to transfer a craft to another base that had an empty hangar.  The craft was empty.  At the time I had started building a large barracks over two regular barracks at the empty hangar base.  When I tried to transfer the craft it gave an error that there were not sufficient accommodations for the ship's crew.  I did have more people than I technically had barrack space at that time, since the 2 barracks were being built over.  Once the large barracks finished I was able to transfer the craft.

At the time I thought it was quirk of the build-over feature, but figured I should report it just in case.  I didn't think to grab a save at the time, but I'll see if I have an old save from around that time

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3653 on: July 03, 2020, 07:20:34 pm »
This is bug, craft should not check for free space in that case.

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3654 on: July 03, 2020, 10:56:55 pm »
I confirm I find myself in the same situation. I was upgrading my regular barracks to luxury barracks and when I tried to transfer an empty craft to the base with the ongoing upgrades, the transfer was also blocked due to lack of accommodations.

Offline Ashghan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3655 on: July 07, 2020, 11:18:05 am »
I'd think it's intended. You can transfer a craft with a crew on board, so I think the game does need to check living quarters,

Offline Blazen

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3656 on: July 19, 2020, 03:32:26 pm »
I just had a missile strike destroy 3 of my buildings, an extractor, a still and, I think, a barracks and now I can't rebuild them, or build anything else in those spaces. It says 'facility in use'.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3657 on: July 20, 2020, 06:22:59 pm »
That glitch is the result of buildings being destroyed that are part of a prerequisite chain. It is a know bug that is being worked on. in the mean time either roll back to an earlier save and hope stuff doesn't break. Or you can edit your save to replace the still and extractor.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3658 on: July 20, 2020, 07:15:19 pm »
Destroying buildings is evil, all invariants go out window.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3659 on: July 20, 2020, 10:40:44 pm »
I hope that I fixed this bug in next version