Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1434287 times)

xcomfan

Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #3630 on: June 12, 2020, 04:02:57 pm »
Well sometimes upgradin the executables produces weird effects, again in L2, maybe the article title need some size increasing. if not, sorry i though so.

Attached a save, nov 2601 switched from blackbeard to john silver, and encountered mercenaries already!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 05:36:18 pm by xcomfan »

Offline Noodles

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3631 on: June 13, 2020, 10:41:00 am »
Game crashes after STR_VESSEL_BOGEYMAN_FLOCK_HUNT shot down.
Assert at src/Savegame/AlienMission.cpp:846

Steps to reproduce:
- Let the intercepting SCARAB do its thing

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3632 on: June 13, 2020, 12:54:50 pm »
Game crashes after STR_VESSEL_BOGEYMAN_FLOCK_HUNT shot down.
Assert at src/Savegame/AlienMission.cpp:846

Steps to reproduce:
- Let the intercepting SCARAB do its thing

Doesn't crash for me.
Can you attach the log file?

Offline Noodles

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3633 on: June 13, 2020, 01:57:32 pm »
Doesn't crash for me.
Can you attach the log file?

Log file attached, but I don't think it will help you much. Do you have random seed preservation off by accident? I didn't delve too deep, but I got the impression that there are two outcomes for destroyed "ships": landed and crashed, and it's the landed condition that causes problems. I can circumvent this problem by commenting out the assert line and changing the ufo status to "crashed", but I assume such a radical measure (assert) is there for a reason.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3634 on: June 13, 2020, 03:19:51 pm »
Log file attached, but I don't think it will help you much.

It helped :)

I tried on Linux like you and it (correctly) crashes.
On Windows, it (incorrectly) doesn't crash... assert is ignored for some reason.

There are 2 bugs:
- one in OXC, crash condition is sometimes _damage > 50% and sometimes _damage >= 50%
- one in OXCE, crash condition sometimes considers kamikaze UFOs and sometimes not

I will provide a fix soon.

Offline Noodles

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3635 on: June 13, 2020, 03:46:26 pm »
It helped :)

I tried on Linux like you and it (correctly) crashes.
On Windows, it (incorrectly) doesn't crash... assert is ignored for some reason.

There are 2 bugs:
- one in OXC, crash condition is sometimes _damage > 50% and sometimes _damage >= 50%
- one in OXCE, crash condition sometimes considers kamikaze UFOs and sometimes not

I will provide a fix soon.

Thanks. They always say that having builds on different platforms helps catching bugs you might otherwise miss. Nice to see this in action.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3636 on: June 13, 2020, 05:11:02 pm »
Thanks. They always say that having builds on different platforms helps catching bugs you might otherwise miss. Nice to see this in action.

Hotfix here: https://github.com/MeridianOXC/OpenXcom/commit/f54a3a21fc48899e313f7212ef2e4d0f7bf433e6

Windows download: https://lxnt.wtf/oxem/builds//ExtendedTests/Extended-6.5.3.1-test-f54a3a21f-2020-06-13-win64.7z
Linux download: currently n/a... build yourself :)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 05:12:35 pm by Meridian »

Offline marlborodead

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3637 on: June 14, 2020, 01:45:34 am »
shoot ship turret dies crash
frame missing in 'TURRET_ALLOY.PCK' for armor 'STR_TURRET_BLUEARMOR'

xcomfan

« Reply #3638 on: June 15, 2020, 01:07:08 pm »
L2 with 6.5.3 oxce+, once i abort the mission, then cannot sell animal in excess, the button does not appear?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 01:08:59 pm by xcomfan »

Offline Mathel

• Colonel
  • Do not mistake Muton for mutton.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3639 on: June 15, 2020, 03:05:46 pm »
It only appears when you selected enough to sell.
Have you, perhaps, deconstructed your animal pen while researching an animal? I see you are researching one while at 0 capacity, which should be impossible.

xcomfan

« Reply #3640 on: June 15, 2020, 03:17:01 pm »
It only appears when you selected enough to sell.
Have you, perhaps, deconstructed your animal pen while researching an animal? I see you are researching one while at 0 capacity, which should be impossible.

ok sorry i just overlooked it since the game assumes that you have both a prison and an animal pen so do not dismantle these! i think that is impossible to solve that situation unless i edit the save and remove the animal i captured...doh!!!

Offline Mitra Lightbringer

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3641 on: June 17, 2020, 11:32:32 am »
I can't research "!Demonic Sacrifice!" and "Dr.X's Protégée", but I have all the tech needed. I also never recieved the "Message", so I can't do "Zero Tolerance to Zero Tolerance" either.
PS: Also, I can't get the "Voodoo Initiation".

xcomfan

« Reply #3642 on: June 17, 2020, 11:44:39 am »
I can't research "!Demonic Sacrifice!" and "Dr.X's Protégée", but I have all the tech needed. I also never recieved the "Message", so I can't do "Zero Tolerance to Zero Tolerance" either.

always attach a .sav file, please  :)

edit: not know it it counts as bug but my main base under attack of dark ones, there is some pink spots once was a pinky demon corpse

edit 2: dark ones are supposed to to progoms? I think not, according to bootypedia are demoniac forces apperain randomly, unless the are driven by someone, but this depends how far goes into the plot.. ehere another save

edit 3: in the same progome is that supposed to be a roor? See screenshot
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 11:48:52 am by xcomfan »

Offline Mitra Lightbringer

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3643 on: June 18, 2020, 11:57:25 am »
Well, this is not my last save, but this one should work as well.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3644 on: June 19, 2020, 10:08:29 am »

After review of the save i can answer some of your issues.

Voodoo Initiation and demonic sacrifices are blocked because a certain event prerequisite will never fire on lowest difficulty. Nearly everything voodoo related is disabled on lowest difficulty by the is lockout.

Not sure whats going on with protegee and the message.

That said your only a few VIPs away from being able to start making the final craft for a win. Acquire a Cardinal(church bases, shrine ships, or bought), A guild-master(Traders bases, very large trader ships like battleships, or bought), Academy provost(base, large ships, or bought) And either a Public enemy(found rarely on the smuggler ship that is a Millennium Falcon expy) or A stargod coordinator(Silver towers or bases). Lastly a Belter(From space freighters, or as a get one free from broken smuggler negotiators(which can be found by progressing the city arc after terminal terror mission)  After that you can do the end game.