aliens

Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1434113 times)

Offline Rangerh

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #3330 on: August 11, 2019, 12:25:42 am »
I don't know if it's a real bug or some temporary oddity or some gameplay stuff i'm unaware.
My assault squads fly on a Scorpion, so when they land i can have a good idea if i can take the mission or should just run away as some enemies are spawned close to the ship.
Except that time in which i was basically in the unknown as i was facing enemies that i had never faced before, so i deployed all the gals on the ground and battled through the map for a while and in the UFO i started to notice some specific enemies that i think my Gals weren't equipped to defeat at that point of my game.

So i called everyone back to the Scorpion with some quickly grabbed loot, and when i used the emergency retreat button it was always telling me that i had Gals outside, when clearly all of them were in the Scorpion, after a lot of trial and error in moving the gals around (always inside the Scorpion) i finally managed to not have that warning anymore and could then get away without leaving anyone.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #3331 on: August 11, 2019, 03:47:17 pm »
The close-spawn of enemies is unique to the scorpion. 2 tiles are dedicated to always spawn enemies close to the craft for a quick assault onto them.
It's mentioned in the discription of the craft: [...] to land right on top of your enemies [...] or something like that.

This mod has no linear difficulty curve like the mess that's xcom2000 and xcom2.
Several missions are available through-out the entire campaign to train new recruits. Fighting enemy factions (and their crafts) is alot more difficult.
If your arsenal is not advanced enough to deal with the opposition, just skip the mission.

There's no doom-clock in this game and you can affort to lose the "support" of various regions since your infamy pays the bills now instead of the council-members.
Piercing weapons bring you "this far" through the game, at some point you have to bring laser and plasma and other exotic weaponry to deal with the likes of mercenaries and star gods.
MELEE is OP. Use it frequently!

Offline thevideogameraptorboggle

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3332 on: August 11, 2019, 06:56:34 pm »
I haven't played around much with Melee.

Maybe I should get some Stormy and Purgatoria armor, give them Electro Swords and go to town.
What's some other good Melee armor?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 07:02:41 pm by thevideogameraptorboggle »

Offline Rangerh

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3333 on: August 11, 2019, 07:20:24 pm »
The close-spawn of enemies is unique to the scorpion. 2 tiles are dedicated to always spawn enemies close to the craft for a quick assault onto them.
It's mentioned in the discription of the craft: [...] to land right on top of your enemies [...] or something like that.

That's not the problem i'm reporting as this feature of the scorpion is exactly why i decided to get one so i can quickly know what type of enemies are there, the problem is the fact that not all of the inside of the scorpion is considered as being actually inside when it comes to retreat , only a few tiles inside of the scorpions are.

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3334 on: August 11, 2019, 09:07:15 pm »
I haven't played around much with Melee.

Maybe I should get some Stormy and Purgatoria armor, give them Electro Swords and go to town.
What's some other good Melee armor?

Swiftsuit and Blitz

That's not the problem i'm reporting as this feature of the scorpion is exactly why i decided to get one so i can quickly know what type of enemies are there, the problem is the fact that not all of the inside of the scorpion is considered as being actually inside when it comes to retreat , only a few tiles inside of the scorpions are.

It is a game engine quirk, elevator tiles do not count as being in the ship.

Offline Rangerh

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3335 on: August 14, 2019, 05:03:17 am »
Ah so that was that, thanks.

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3336 on: August 16, 2019, 03:56:55 am »
Text of Public Enemy has last line missing.

Offline Kevlar Bullfrog

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3337 on: August 19, 2019, 05:52:45 pm »
The manufacturing job to unpack the prepper's box doesn't show up correctly. The job works fine and produces the guns but it's listed as BLAHBLAH_EXAMPLE_COMMANDLINEINTERFACENONSENSE (not that exactly but I'm away from my computer and don't remember the specifics).

Offline Hadza

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3338 on: August 22, 2019, 12:16:28 am »
Had a crash in Devil's Reef when a deep one shot a sonic rifle at a steep angle up and missed. For some reason the second part of the mission let me use surface trappings and weapons, maybe that caused the crash.
Please find the log and save file attached.

The one gal that had an underwater-worthy suit (swiftsuit) switched properly to the underwater type.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 12:40:34 am by Hadza »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3339 on: August 24, 2019, 10:40:14 am »
Had a crash in Devil's Reef when a deep one shot a sonic rifle at a steep angle up and missed. For some reason the second part of the mission let me use surface trappings and weapons, maybe that caused the crash.
Please find the log and save file attached.

The one gal that had an underwater-worthy suit (swiftsuit) switched properly to the underwater type.

Are you using the OXCE version provided with the mod, or did you update?
The mod is not yet compatible with the newest OXCE when it comes to enviroments and such.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3340 on: August 24, 2019, 02:09:42 pm »
Are you using the OXCE version provided with the mod, or did you update?
The mod is not yet compatible with the newest OXCE when it comes to enviroments and such.

Both the log file and the save game contain information about the OXCE version used.
Right on the top.

He's using the one provided with the mod.

The game crashes when it tries to render the particle clouds (bubbly stuff that remains after the projectiles fired underwater).
The crash is caused by missing transparency lookup tables, that need to be defined... see "transparencyLUTs" in xcom2.

Or just change the weapons to not generate any vapor clouds.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 02:58:23 pm by Meridian »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3341 on: August 24, 2019, 10:12:05 pm »
Both the log file and the save game contain information about the OXCE version used.
Right on the top.

He's using the one provided with the mod.

Must be nice to be able to check files anywhere. :P

Offline thevideogameraptorboggle

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3342 on: August 27, 2019, 04:23:57 am »
Is the Persuadotron 2000 supposed to not have a UFO/Bootypedia entry?

Offline armadilloTank

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3343 on: August 29, 2019, 03:27:02 am »
The stair tile on the Fortuna in the red box cannot be stepped on. None of my peasants can walk on that tile.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #3344 on: August 29, 2019, 03:51:45 pm »
It's not the Fortuna's problem, it's the jungle LZ map blocks. Try removing the bush under that part of the ramp.