aliens

Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1434167 times)

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #3015 on: January 05, 2019, 01:59:29 am »
The "Admiral de Corazon" is bugged regarding moral damage (or is it a feature?). Specifically, moral damage is inverted. Attacks that should give moral (pirate flag, officers lash, vodka) decrease moral instead of adding it. Attacks that should drain moral (leather whip) will add it.

The effect is that when you use the pirate flag in that outfit, the blast will drain your moral to 0 and you are guaranteed to panic the next round. So flag + officers outfit is kinda wonky at the moment.

Once that is fixed, I would suggest increasing the daze damage resistance of the outfit a bit to prevent it from beeing too powerful. Right now the tu regain from the flag blast results in effective tu costs of: mistress 20, baroness 14, pirate queen 9
(blast centered on user, maxed tu and bravery)

Then again, I thought about the math a bit and concluded that a pirate queen using the flag in any outfit that has no stun resistance and tu bonus gets more tu back than flag use costs. So the officers outfit is actually balanced compared to that...

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #3016 on: January 06, 2019, 02:20:23 am »
Last time I checked, the flag was not giving anything to the user (she was ignoring the TU gain). If they changed it, well, are you sure it now grants TU to the user?

Edit: oh, in a ratmen rodeo mission it is possible that HE grenades and black powder bomb cannot destroy a door, a white dor don't know if it is a metal one so is supposed to be explosie proof, but whatever for whi wants t check out. Ive trown a few in fron of these, and even on the roof of the containers but nothing

The weakest explosives won't be able to break metal doors. But maybe they're really a bit too strong. That terrain is kinda not polished yet. I just discovered a worse bug with fences in it.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 02:31:28 am by Dioxine »

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3017 on: January 07, 2019, 09:38:52 pm »
Last time I checked, the flag was not giving anything to the user (she was ignoring the TU gain). If they changed it, well, are you sure it now grants TU to the user?

Double checked just to make sure. Yes, it affects the user, giving TU and moral.
Why would it not? It's a stun type explosion, anything that is not immune to stun is affected. You would need special scripts (giving holder stun immunity) to except the user from the effects.

If you are doing any scripting for it, may I suggest setting the moral of the user to 50 after use? Or grant immunity to panic for the holder? It just seems illogical that you do a confidence inspiring battlecry (DEATH TO THE STARGODS!!!!) and then panic the next round (because you have less than 50 moral). Especially silly since it's the high ranking officer that panics.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #3018 on: January 09, 2019, 05:37:51 pm »
It is made so that you cannot use the flag when low on Morale.

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3019 on: January 10, 2019, 08:44:03 pm »
It is made so that you cannot use the flag when low on Morale.

I understand the intention, yes. Maybe a different implementation can be found that avoids the side effects? (officer panicking after flag use)

Possibilities:
- scale damage/effect with moral instead of / in addition to bravery and reduce moral cost.
- add a check "if moral < xx prohibit use" and reduce moral cost. Needs added ruleset, but should be very simple to add.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3020 on: January 10, 2019, 11:33:07 pm »
1st is possible right now using scripts, weapon damage of hit can be reduce by any arbitrary amount you want.

Offline Ninawindia

• Captain
  • Certified cat girl, nya~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3021 on: January 11, 2019, 04:57:22 pm »
Not really a bug, but part of engine limitations I'm guessing, but, is the killer Droid supposed to have morale when disguised as human? Lol

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3022 on: January 11, 2019, 07:08:12 pm »
Not really a bug, but part of engine limitations I'm guessing, but, is the killer Droid supposed to have morale when disguised as human? Lol

Why not? As a "perfect" disguise he should act like he panicked. Otherwise it wouldn't be that big of a suprise.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #3023 on: January 12, 2019, 09:17:08 pm »
It's immune to fear and morale loss last time I checked.

Offline Ninawindia

• Captain
  • Certified cat girl, nya~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3024 on: January 13, 2019, 08:41:55 am »
See, I went into the passenger ferrying mission and stunned the human version of it with 3 hits of a cattle prod, then it got the message tough girl went berserk and she ended up releasing all her bullets on me! If I get the mission again I can see if I can recreate it. :P

Offline Mathel

• Colonel
  • Do not mistake Muton for mutton.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3025 on: January 20, 2019, 02:08:51 pm »
The Arouser and Succubus condemnations can apparently be awarded for DAZE damage. One of my slave soldiers, named Všemil Horváth got them, after he spent the most of the City Raid/Beautiful People mission beating people over the head with the butt of his battle rifle.

Save file (after the mission) attached.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #3026 on: January 20, 2019, 05:44:01 pm »
The game only tracks if they knocked someone unconscious, it's that stupid.

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3027 on: January 22, 2019, 09:31:00 pm »
Okay, I think that you can get way too much infamy by doing your grocery shopping.

Offline Abyss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3028 on: January 23, 2019, 02:29:56 am »
Okay, I think that you can get way too much infamy by doing your grocery shopping.
Yer stealing them crops, my Captain!

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3029 on: January 23, 2019, 07:46:17 am »

Cant award less then 1 point per recovered object. Engine limitation.