Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1434179 times)

niculinux

Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #2985 on: December 17, 2018, 06:16:55 pm »
Thanks for fast answers

That high activity in north africa is most probably caused by ratman patrols looking for my base. Yet they have not found it, while it was attacked by Academy and Doom monsters meanwhile.

But why do i get so many negative points for that? Is this intened to work this way? I was expecting to see a score around 2000 points, so gettting -4000 points for ratman activity sounds kinda strange.

In fact that should not happen, it may have to do with uphradimg. Chack always that forum when switching to a newer version

Offline Kharim

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: December 17, 2018, 07:23:37 pm »
I checked the thread before upgrading  and there were nothing about going from 0.99J3 to 0.99J9

niculinux

« Reply #2987 on: December 17, 2018, 11:02:49 pm »
I checked the thread before upgrading  and there were nothing about going from 0.99J3 to 0.99J9

Sorty, cannit help anymore  :'( wonder whether it msy depend even on the changes to the execurable itself? If you're on linux that file is updsted more frequently in-between relases version, i'd suggest akway to stick with the version provuded with a soecific relase, as well as upgrsde the mod ASAP when a new version is avaiable

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2988 on: December 18, 2018, 11:21:48 am »
Ratmen patrols generate as many negative points per hour as any other UFO. The difference is, these patrols are very slow and therefore stay on the globe for a long time -> many points lost.
Shoot them down if you can :)

Offline Kharim

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: December 18, 2018, 11:33:11 am »
Can't fight them. I got one Aircar with 25mm cannon which looses every engagement with Ratmen. Luckily I managed to load an earlier save and successfully caught two Church Medium's on the ground, thus getting enough points to come even  at the end of the month :)

However it is not a feature that works properly in my opinion, esspecially when combined with Doom monster patrols at the same time.

niculinux

« Reply #2990 on: December 18, 2018, 12:10:51 pm »
Ratmen patrols generate as many negative points per hour as any other UFO. The difference is, these patrols are very slow and therefore stay on the globe for a long time -> many points lost.
Shoot them down if you can :)
I guess they're are supposed to be fought on foot by expedition or convoy, not being bombed from the air (though it would be cool!) at the moment (0.99J9) aren't other means for land fighting,i wonder if some more would be added in futher verisons

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2991 on: December 18, 2018, 01:17:26 pm »
One month with a negative score isn't a problem either.
And the thing you need for the patrols is high accuracy because they can dodge very well.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2992 on: December 18, 2018, 01:38:42 pm »
Can't fight them. I got one Aircar with 25mm cannon

Then you can.
If you cannot hit the target, put someone more competent in the cockpit. Works for me every time.

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2993 on: December 18, 2018, 01:45:28 pm »
That high activity in north africa is most probably caused by ratman patrols looking for my base. Yet they have not found it, while it was attacked by Academy and Doom monsters meanwhile.
Well, the Conversion mission that happened in North Africa will have done more damage than the Ratmen Patrols did.

Offline Ashghan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: December 18, 2018, 04:03:59 pm »
I don't know if the scoring code has been changed, but negative score from UFO (Shipping) is -1 per 30 minutes. So it'd take a *lot* of time for ratmen to generate 4000 negative points. Each shipping (band) generates -48 points a day. I know they spawn in large numbers, but even assuming 10 bands at one time, it's still 8 days for -4000pts. I think the negative score might be from something else (conversions?), or a combination of 'something elses'.

On that note - is there a reason they even generate negative points? I'd assume it's engine limitation - can't exclude certain shipping/missions from point generation. But if it's not, I'd like to know why piratez are blamed for ratmen raids (which I assume are something of a standard in the 27th century) and in no way connected to major factions which we're supposed to be hurting.

As for hitting them - they have a lot of dodge, so unless you have a high to-hit bonus you might have crappy chances to hit. It even says so in the description of Roving Bands shipping.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 04:06:11 pm by Ashghan »

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2995 on: December 18, 2018, 04:24:31 pm »
I think the negative score might be from something else (conversions?), or a combination of 'something elses'.
There was a Conversion mission - if left alone, that's 1400 points just from the landings - and even more from the fly-overs. ;)

Offline Zippicus

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: December 19, 2018, 02:52:21 am »
ratmen patrols are fairly tough to hit if you don't have a good pilot, at least with any of the early craft weapons.  It's certainly doable though I blast them off the map all the time.  An expensive option if you don't have a decent pilot is the conversion launcher from the grey codex, it always hits, just don't fire more than one missile at a time.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2997 on: December 20, 2018, 01:49:21 am »
If you get lucky with a sunken USO, an oscillator cannon is also a good weapon for roving bands.  It may be very underwhelming compared to its original underwater performance, but it's still highly accurate enough to take down those ratmen in a shot or two.

Offline Negative

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2998 on: December 21, 2018, 08:31:56 pm »
Lok'Naar shadow armor looks like the belt(?) is transparent from this angle.

niculinux

« Reply #2999 on: December 24, 2018, 10:51:15 pm »
Another 0.99J9 possible bug: when i engage the lock'naar farm misison if i let the 5 turn pass i get a really high score without doin' nothing, and a load of vegetables as loot! Please may someone check, sorry but i have no savedgame