Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1433652 times)

Offline FG

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #2970 on: December 10, 2018, 10:45:39 pm »
Snipe.

There is a little problem. The Watchtower.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2971 on: December 11, 2018, 12:48:06 am »
If you don't know how to win, leave. It's not like it's forbidden on this mission.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2972 on: December 11, 2018, 02:01:37 am »
Neither of these are bugs.

Regarding the Bootypedia, it's been proven time and time again to be confusing how some items (like Engineered Biomatter) are called something else entirely in the Bootypedia (Reticulan's Stuff in this case).  May I ask what the possible roadblock is to just have the affected articles be called the exact same as the items?

Offline Ninawindia

• Captain
  • Certified cat girl, nya~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2973 on: December 11, 2018, 02:42:03 am »
There a way to enter walls you can't break yet? Or is this buyers and cellars mission a complete bust to try and do?

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2974 on: December 11, 2018, 09:54:34 am »
There a way to enter walls you can't break yet? Or is this buyers and cellars mission a complete bust to try and do?

It's not the thread you should post questions. You can break walls in cellar mission with hammers (I never tested it), pickaxe, autoaxe and such.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2975 on: December 11, 2018, 08:42:16 pm »
Regarding the Bootypedia, it's been proven time and time again to be confusing how some items (like Engineered Biomatter) are called something else entirely in the Bootypedia (Reticulan's Stuff in this case).  May I ask what the possible roadblock is to just have the affected articles be called the exact same as the items?

Legacy. Might be changed if it makes more sense and there is time.

niculinux

« Reply #2976 on: December 13, 2018, 04:36:34 pm »
Hello again  :) As of 0.99j9 watchtower missions seem nit to spawn anymore in swamp/water maps, but red lantern villas one happen to do it sometimes in industrial/port maps (TFTD tilesets) that should not suppose to happen; these may have to apoear in urban/rural/slums/outskirts maps? Not sure whether it is a bug but since i have not a saved game, please may someone check that? Thanks
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 06:07:15 pm by niculinux »

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2977 on: December 13, 2018, 06:03:23 pm »
Why wouldn't you have a brothel in a harbour?

niculinux

« Reply #2978 on: December 13, 2018, 06:08:51 pm »
Why wouldn't you have a brothel in a harbour?
Yep, touristucal landscapes are fine, not industtisl zones, that was the point i forgot to note out  ;D

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2979 on: December 13, 2018, 06:49:33 pm »
Where do you think the crews of the freighters that unload their containers just of of sight spend their evenings? ;)

(And in RL a lot of towns here have banned prostitution from the centers and forced them into the industrial areas at the outskirts.)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2980 on: December 13, 2018, 07:38:28 pm »
but red lantern villas one happen to do it sometimes in industrial/port maps (TFTD tilesets) that should not suppose to happen

It is supposed to happen.

Offline Kharim

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2981 on: December 17, 2018, 04:38:57 pm »
Hello

Everything goes well in my game but I finish the month with negative score of under -2000 which is improbable as I have successfully fended off two base assaults, done several bounty hunts and missions. I cant find the cause for that many negative points.

That very month I had the ratmen patrols spawn many times around my base- maybe this is the cause? I remember there was bug of that kind once.

It is also worth noting that I have recently upgraded my game from version 0.99J3 straight to 0.99J9, but afaik that shouldn't cause any problems.

So can anybody help me with solving that? It would be sad to loose a good playthrough to some ridiculous bug.

Thanks in advance.

Offline R1dO

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2982 on: December 17, 2018, 04:59:06 pm »
From a first glance of those files.

Probably had something to do with alien mission/presence in in North-Africa.
Alien score there >3500 while xcom only has 166.

P.s. This is also something you could spot yourself ingame by looking at the activity graphs.

niculinux

« Reply #2983 on: December 17, 2018, 05:07:16 pm »
Hello

Everything goes well in my game but I finish the month with negative score of under -2000 which is improbable as I have successfully fended off two base assaults, done several bounty hunts and missions. I cant find the cause for that many negative points.

That very month I had the ratmen patrols spawn many times around my base- maybe this is the cause? I remember there was bug of that kind once.

It is also worth noting that I have recently upgraded my game from version 0.99J3 straight to 0.99J9, but afaik that shouldn't cause any problems.

So can anybody help me with solving that? It would be sad to loose a good playthrough to some ridiculous bug.

Thanks in advance.

Nope. In 0 99j9 ratnen usually before attackin pirates base soawn between 5-10 rov9ng bands in the area; they are the only ones that do nit employ crafs AFAIK.

Offline Kharim

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2984 on: December 17, 2018, 05:56:52 pm »
Thanks for fast answers

That high activity in north africa is most probably caused by ratman patrols looking for my base. Yet they have not found it, while it was attacked by Academy and Doom monsters meanwhile.

But why do i get so many negative points for that? Is this intened to work this way? I was expecting to see a score around 2000 points, so gettting -4000 points for ratman activity sounds kinda strange.