Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1434699 times)

Offline Abyss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #2955 on: November 30, 2018, 12:49:14 pm »
Checked. They do move around.
This is another save, the differen terror mission,
Again, after defeating all the civilians they do stuck to their places.
Check the boomosaurus east to the ship.

UPD:
They started moving around either after:
- Alt-tabbing to write an issue questin to the forum
- Or uploading the savegame:) I bet the first.
What mechanics are suggested?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 12:59:18 pm by Abyss »

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2956 on: November 30, 2018, 04:38:45 pm »
Not a bug report, more like "is it supposed to be this way?".

The numbers on the blowpipe seem to be wonky. For accuracy it uses the quadratic formula like sniper rifles, but here 100% accuracy is obtained with an unimpressive 52 skill in throwing. The accuracy drops after range 8, but that doesn't really mean anything as the damage also drops after range 8. It drops by 12 per tile (points, not %). Damage is 5 + 0.25*reac, so at range 9 the damage has dropped to almost half and at range 10 it's below useful. Max range (for aiming) is 16 however. I guess either the max range for aiming is off or the damage dropoff was meant as % and not points (% not supported in the ruleset as far as i know).

Production time for the blowpipe darts is also off. The poison arrows for the hunting bow which are very similar cost 150 hours for 10 packs of 16 arrows, so one arrow is ~1h to make. Blowpipe darts cost 20h to make one pack of three, so ~6h for one. That seems a lot compared to the ~1h for a poison arrow.

Lastly there is the dart pistol with the basic darts. They are almost identical in damage to the poison arrows and blowpipe darts. However, poison arrows and blowpipe darts have tu damage, while the dart pistol darts have energy damage instead. Considering the uniformity of the other damage types (fire dealing moral damage, plasma having armor damage) I thought this might be an oversight.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2957 on: December 01, 2018, 10:08:59 am »
It is true that poison style weapons lack the uniformity of other damage types. They dont even share all one damage type for that matter.

Blowpipes are an oddity where damage falloff outweighs accuracy falloff. But its been that way since there creation(at least iirc) so it pretty much has to be intended.

That is however rather expensive time cost for ammo, maybe worth a balance pass.

That dart pistols i think is to much of an apples to oranges comparison to be considered. Things like poison arrows and blowdarts, are low tech natural derivatives the gals cook up in the base. The dart pistol/rifle stuff is medium tech complex chemicals mass produced.

Offline arbee81

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2958 on: December 02, 2018, 01:20:36 pm »
I'm raiding a downed science vessel and one of the gals is seeing an enemy inside the ship that she shouldn't be able to.  It looks like there's a missing ceiling tile on top of the craft.  Enemy #2 for Gorey Katana (I really love the names in this mod) is on the third floor of the craft by the doors.  The ceiling tile for the inner corner appears to be missing.  It's not near an engine so it should be from crash damage.  I tried a quick battle too just to see if it was missing there too and it was.  Or I'm missing something obvious, which has been the case with my previous bug reports   :)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2959 on: December 02, 2018, 03:39:41 pm »
Yeah 2 small pieces of roof were missing. Thank you.

Offline Ninawindia

• Captain
  • Certified cat girl, nya~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2960 on: December 02, 2018, 05:44:13 pm »
Hello! So, Everytime I go for the aircar race, it always vanishes before I even get there, is this something new? I need a super fast ship? Or is it bugging out?

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #2961 on: December 02, 2018, 07:19:31 pm »
The race is just to get to the mission, so yes, you need a faster ship. The disappearing is intended.

Offline Abyss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2962 on: December 03, 2018, 10:14:55 am »
The race is just to get to the mission, so yes, you need a faster ship. The disappearing is intended.
That's a feature of this type of mission. You have to use the fast and furious small vehicle to win the race;)

Offline arbee81

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2963 on: December 07, 2018, 08:04:35 am »
Not sure this would count as a bug, but I've got a church ship doing an influence mission.  I looked up influence to get an idea of the later waves, and it specifically mentions the Academy and Guild doing them.  So I guess it would be a bug if the church isn't supposed to also do them.  I don't know, I wasn't sure where else to mention it

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2964 on: December 07, 2018, 08:16:07 am »
Not sure this would count as a bug, but I've got a church ship doing an influence mission.  I looked up influence to get an idea of the later waves, and it specifically mentions the Academy and Guild doing them.  So I guess it would be a bug if the church isn't supposed to also do them.  I don't know, I wasn't sure where else to mention it
Ufopedia is incorrect - Influence missions are done by the (non-military versions of) Church, Academy, and Guild.

Offline arbee81

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2965 on: December 08, 2018, 04:29:40 am »
Good to know, thanks.  Ditto on the courier run description, just mentions guild and academy, and one just popped for church.  I'm just glad the church is back.  They took a very long hiatus and I need a cardinal.  I know I can buy one, but where's the fun in that?

niculinux

« Reply #2966 on: December 08, 2018, 09:08:23 pm »
In 0.99J9 reserching the "personl database" topic, unlocks it but in the bootypedia it shiws as "humasn's stuff". Also, after havin completed the "bounty hunting" topic, in the bootypedia the silver's snake item apperas, but it it not obtinable, even before early bounty missions spawn Attached is a save.

Edit: Oh, and in the "humanist safwhouse" bounty mission there is a box bocking the way of one of my gals, another save and screensht attached :)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 02:35:30 pm by niculinux »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2967 on: December 10, 2018, 06:02:17 am »
Neither of these are bugs.

Offline FG

• Colonel
    • View Profile