Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1460574 times)

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #1950 on: December 09, 2017, 06:14:10 am »
loknarr shadow armor is unobtainable as it requires "stealthsuits" research, which has no other links, nor an object/person it can be gotten from. Seems like some links are missing.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: December 09, 2017, 07:22:02 am »
Last I remember, steathsuits came from catgirls.

Anyway, here's a not-actually-a-bug report: I think the Old Earth Lab should mention its storage space of 50 in its description.  I was wondering why my starting base had 300 storage capacity when it only had Vaults, Armored Vaults, and a Burrow (75+150+25=250) until I read the ruleset and found the source of the last 50 storage.

Edit: Bug report for real this time: I can confirm what Martin said earlier about the bandit boss.  Stunned one during a Bandit Town mission and finished with him still stunned and not dead, yet he's nowhere to be found among my prisoners.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 03:42:13 pm by BBHood217 »

niculinux

« Reply #1952 on: December 09, 2017, 04:00:45 pm »
In 0.99.H3 just experienced an enemy visual problem, though guy on save a sister mission, seems actually more a map prolem since the enemy is not visibe from a certain angle of view, here are screenshots and a saved game :) (the save was created using the 0.99.H2)

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: December 09, 2017, 04:28:45 pm »
I think I finally found the cause of the uncapturable bandit boss: Its corpse is flagged with "recover: false".  I'm hesitant to change it however, because the bandit boss corpse's stats seem different from the stats of all the other corpses so I'm not entirely sure if this was actually intentional; but if it is, then is there some other way to research the bandit boss?

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: December 09, 2017, 11:26:02 pm »
Last I remember, steathsuits came from catgirls.
snip
cat girls drop "stealthsuit parts". Not the same research item/entry.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: December 10, 2017, 06:42:49 am »
I finally decided to delete the "recover: false" text from the bandit boss corpse (and also changed Prize: Saya's requirement from itself to Prize: Alliance Favors so it can actually be manufactured now), just simple ruleset edits.  After all if the bandit boss was unrecoverable, then why does he have a complete research topic?

So just to recap those two bugs to be fixed for the next version, with thanks to Martin for reporting them first:
- Prize: Saya's manufacturing requirement is itself, making it uncraftable.
- Bandit Boss cannot be recovered.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1956 on: December 10, 2017, 11:01:34 am »
Yeah don't sweat, they've been both fixed days ago (as well as the stealthsuit problem) :)

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #1957 on: December 10, 2017, 05:45:05 pm »
I finally decided to delete the "recover: false" text from the bandit boss corpse (and also changed Prize: Saya's requirement from itself to Prize: Alliance Favors so it can actually be manufactured now), just simple ruleset edits.  After all if the bandit boss was unrecoverable, then why does he have a complete research topic?

So just to recap those two bugs to be fixed for the next version, with thanks to Martin for reporting them first:
- Prize: Saya's manufacturing requirement is itself, making it uncraftable.
- Bandit Boss cannot be recovered.

Would you mind posting your patched ruleset?

Offline AngelicJoker

• Sergeant
  • Why not?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: December 11, 2017, 10:35:30 am »
I think two files need to be edited:

Piratez_Factions.rul -
     - Search for STR_BAN_15_CORPSE_BATTLE and delete the 'recover: false' line from that section to fix the Bandit Boss

Piratez.rul -
     - Search for STR_BOUNTY_HUNTING_PRIZE_SAYA in the manufacturing section and replace the STR_BOUNTY_HUNTING_PRIZE_SAYA under 'requires:' with STR_BOUNTY_HUNTING_PRIZE_ALLIANCE_FAVORS to fix the Prize: Saya

Online LuigiWhatif

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: December 12, 2017, 07:34:32 am »
I made the change to the factions ruleset and then fought a new bandit town, but instead of getting the boss I got an item with a STR name matching the section I edited.  I took him down with seduction and a single wand of pain blast, so I don't think I had killed him.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: December 13, 2017, 01:38:27 am »
That's a corpse (which humans aren't supposed to leave behind), so he dead.  Maybe try adding "battleType: 11" that all the other corpses have?

Anyway, is the reaper cavalry ever gonna get anything more descriptive than "???"?

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: December 16, 2017, 04:54:56 am »
Ran into couple of unarmed bandit bosses while hunting shamblers

I just got this too, expected shamblers but got bandit bosses instead.  They had absolutely no items on them at all and were completely harmless.

Is it actually a bug, or have shambler hunts finally become like all the other monster hunts where there's a chance they'll be something else other than what's advertised (like nomads instead of monsters, or blood hounds instead of spiders)?

Offline Hixill

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: December 17, 2017, 02:54:14 pm »
Just found a bug when I reloaded Autosave Geo. I sold prisoners exceeding my cap after mission and when I reloaded the autosave (which is just after the mission) the prisoners appeared in my inventory exceeding my prison cap. So I have 20 prisoners with a 15 cap. I attached a savefile.

Offline pca

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: December 17, 2017, 04:46:38 pm »
I experienced a freeze responding to a stranded government agent. After killing OpenXcomEx I got the following message:

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1964 on: December 17, 2017, 07:01:16 pm »
I cannot do much without a save. The message is really strange, since this terrain is not used in any mission yet.