aliens

Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1459715 times)

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #1935 on: December 01, 2017, 09:07:57 am »
There's a bug in 0.99H2.
Bootypedia says fusion ball is a heavy weapon, but it can only be equipped as a Missile. Don't know which one is intended.

In the version 0.99F.5 the Fusion-Ball Launcher was changed from HV to MS.
Maybe a spelling error but it is intended that the Fusion-Ball Launcher is a missle!

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: December 01, 2017, 08:29:02 pm »
Yeah that's what happens when you use this trick on zombie troopers. Normal behaviour.

I don't think so? I checked it in the random battle generator and the trick works fine. Nevertheless, I tried to win that map by controlling the zeds to kill themselves to see if there was a working reward screen, which it did. 

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: December 01, 2017, 09:06:15 pm »
I started playing this again after a while, awesome as I remembered, although I began a new game with lower difficulty (the 2nd of the list) so that I could reach the point I left faster before switching back (about August or so). However, as a complete surprise I stumbled upon a craft filled with goddamn Armored Zombies. They had good gear and protection but thankfully they can't shoot for shit. I checked if it was possible to defeat them with enough application of blunt trauma, but the most I managed to do was to stun one and steal his stuff before being forced into a tactical retreat.

I checked the save just for terms of curiosity.
That's close to impossible to do without save-scumming. Those armored Z-Troopers have so much armor that they shrug off all of your damage caused even by high-roll rusty niner shots.
Even if you break past the initial health-pool the zombie would just lose his arm and turn into a melee threat with similiar large healthpool and armor and oneshot every gal he can reach.

Funny thing, the ship the zombies got is a smuggler ship! If you would manage to win this by a miracle you might find extremely valuable guns or armor-suits in the crates randomly generated inside the craft.

Without save-scumming and luck, that's a tough nut to crack with such limited resources and lack of damage.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1938 on: December 02, 2017, 02:04:53 pm »
I don't think so?

Your thinking this or that doesn't change how the game works. Using a cheat code is not guaranteed to not crash the game, as it can cause unintended behaviour (like here).

Well of course you cannot defeat zombie troopers with rusty niners, lol.

Offline osood

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: December 04, 2017, 09:48:50 pm »
Why my soldier does not get to point-blank, he shoots anywhere. I'm playing the latest version. This was in the previous.
Played in older versions of this was not.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 09:51:34 pm by osood »

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: December 04, 2017, 10:27:04 pm »
Why my soldier does not get to point-blank, he shoots anywhere. I'm playing the latest version. This was in the previous.
Played in older versions of this was not.

This is close-quarters combat.  It's meant to prevent things like the chainsaw always hitting.  The better at melee and reactions your gals are, the less often this will happen.  Also, some weapons (like pistols, SMGs, and chainsaws) are better at close-quarters combat than bigger guns (rifles, cannons, etc.).

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: December 04, 2017, 11:35:36 pm »
it also applies to enemies FYI.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: December 05, 2017, 02:11:18 am »
pardon the double post but actual bugs need reporting

With the new cruise ship map some of the elevators bottom floors are not visually solid allowing spotting into the hold from above.

Also the viper fighters roof glitches out after some turns rendering the interior impossible to view. it's acting is if the players view is on a higher layer when it is not.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 03:06:15 am by legionof1 »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1943 on: December 05, 2017, 03:06:50 am »
Can you post a screenshot? They looked just like any other elevators to me, although that map has been a hell to edit due to its size (that makes the tiles tiny in the view window, and the map editor lag like crazy).

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: December 05, 2017, 03:55:06 am »
i try and remember the next time it comes around, i only noticed on the last turn of the run while the ships crew finished off the deep ones. The enemy turn is not good for screen shots.

Offline osood

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: December 05, 2017, 11:19:43 am »
I just shoot at the enemy, and she shoots in the side, this is nonsense

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1946 on: December 05, 2017, 11:33:11 am »
I just shoot at the enemy, and she shoots in the side, this is nonsense

Shooting well-trained people from melee range with impunity was nonsense. This is correct and logical behaviour.
If you insist on shooting people from point-blank, at least make sure they don't know how to defend themselves, and that your attacker has good melee and reactions.

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: December 06, 2017, 02:35:50 pm »
Manufacturing prize: saya rerquires prize: saya to be researched, instead of aliance favours.

Ran into couple of unarmed bandit  bosses while hunting shamblers, stuning both didn’t yield any captives, so that’s clearly a bug.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: December 06, 2017, 05:02:13 pm »
Also, the Mutant Alliance's prize list still has that "(X = unimplemented)" text even though everything's actually implemented now.

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: December 06, 2017, 05:52:45 pm »
Seems even regular bandit boss cannot be captured.