Author Topic: Bootypedia (aka the wiki)  (Read 141363 times)

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Steam: DracoGriffin
Re: Bootypedia (aka the wiki)
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2015, 04:10:03 am »
Ranged Weapons is nearly done; just trying to figure out how to present the quick reference table (it breaks really easily due to the multiple ammunition types). Here are the easy ways:

*Duplicate an entry for each ammo type (So for Advanced Launcher there would be "six" entries, rather than just "one" main entry)
*Split the table up somehow

I'm trying to figure out the "hard" way with some of the advanced mechanics but not sure how it'll pan out. If anyone has experience with making the current table sort properly (only Ammunition -> Cartridge(s)/Ammo Count, Damage -> Type/Amount, Additional Effect(s) should be sortable currently, while the rest of the information Type, Weight -> Unloaded/Loaded, Size, Usage, Accuracy Modifier, Damage Bonus(s) shouldn't move [ I'm thinking sort keys would help here tied to the weapon name ]).

Hey ivan; changed the images to the infoboxes as they were breaking the quick reference table (sorting incorrectly). There might be a loophole to make it work properly. Which brings me to the next point: should there be images in the quick reference table or no? I could go either way and I can try to look into making it sort properly.

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2015, 04:16:05 am »
Also. https://ufopaedia.org is being a pig for me.  It works for an hour or two, then becomes very unresponsive.  Hours later it might come up again.  This limits how much I can accomplish with uploads/edits in a session.  <grrr>

Cheers, Ivan :D

Wow, I was working on a reply and then noticed yours. But yeah, the images were breaking the image sorting. I put them in the MeleeNavBar and infoboxes (just expand everything to see where they are :P). The naming convention is great. I gotta re-think the whole hidden thing but man, there's just a lot of stuff and very difficult to detail it concisely without having some collapsible mechanism.

Yeah, it does that a lot for me as well. The only work around I've found is to delete the cookies/cache for https://ufopaedia.org and it works instantly again. Asked Hobbes and he didn't know why either.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2015, 04:32:39 am »
Ok, Awesome!  I see where you are putting them.  I'll work on that then. :)   I never realized that area was collapses.  XD

Cheers!

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2015, 04:39:19 am »
Ok, Awesome!  I see where you are putting them.  I'll work on that then. :)   I never realized that area was collapses.  XD

Cheers!

I put collapses inside collapses so I could collapse my collapses when I collapse from all this collapse talk.

(Seriously, to see what I mean, expand everything on a page and see how HUGE some pages get without default collapse)

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2015, 06:33:43 am »
Everything has been moved out of my Sandbox so if anyone was nervous about jumping in and editing... don't be anymore !

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2015, 09:04:00 pm »
Hey Draco :)  What is the new link on https://ufopaedia.org?

Edit:  Nevermind:  I found it.  :)

https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=Piratez

« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 09:30:05 pm by ivandogovich »

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2015, 05:57:55 pm »
 :)  All the images are up for Melee and Ranged weapons in the Collapsible Sections of the Pages.

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2015, 06:07:06 pm »
Hey, awesome. Was just about to say something since I noticed you just finished Ranged Weapons.

I think I need to adjust the infoboxes a little but not sure how to make it look. Some have the statboxes moved to the right, some have some sentences sneaking between the statbox and image, and most have the statbox underneath.

What do you think looks best?

Option A: maneuver statbox to the right of the image (a few do this already as some images are better than others)
Option B: maintain statbox below the image (and make sure sentences dont sneak between image/statbox)

Quickest example (at least on my browser's settings): Advanced Launcher is Option A, whereas Blaster Launcher is Option B.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2015, 07:05:21 pm »
I think it does look cleaner when the text doesn't sneak below the images.  I'm not sure how to go about that though.  :?

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2015, 09:36:37 pm »
https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=Armor_%28Piratez%29#Outfits

I started working on the outfits.  I'm cropping the inventory images down, but its not exact.  Still working out a method.  How do you think these are turning out?   (Also, just skip the ones that you arleady have NSFW image on ?)

I'm planning to grab random dolls, so we get a sense of the different look/feel that this lovely mod has.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2015, 09:51:06 pm »

I started working on the outfits.  I'm cropping the inventory images down, but its not exact.  Still working out a method.

I used a template where I copied every doll. It was barely taller than the dolls, and I kept the same distance from the pic's bottom to the feet.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2015, 09:58:52 pm »
Do you have copies of these around?  (Don't want to reinvent the wheel). ;)  I didn't see them in the Wikia site.

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2015, 10:51:42 pm »
https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=Armor_%28Piratez%29#Outfits

I started working on the outfits.  I'm cropping the inventory images down, but its not exact.  Still working out a method.  How do you think these are turning out?   (Also, just skip the ones that you arleady have NSFW image on ?)

I'm planning to grab random dolls, so we get a sense of the different look/feel that this lovely mod has.

Yeah, the two with NSFW placeholders (I think there's only two at least); probably don't want those on a broad article, so yeah, I would skip those.

Eventually, it'd be cool to have all the dolls for each armor (not on the armor page, that'd be messy fast, but rather on the armor's direct page [Like Bikini], that would have all the research reqs, manufacture times, raw ruleset data, etc).

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2015, 10:57:35 pm »
Do you have copies of these around?  (Don't want to reinvent the wheel). ;)  I didn't see them in the Wikia site.

Sure, here's the template along with some dolls.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2015, 12:46:38 am »
Thanks Solarius.

Ok, got all the armors uploaded.  These are pretty amazing.  I barely scratched the surface when I was playing my campaign. XD

With my weekend schedule, I probably won't get much else done until Monday.