Author Topic: Bootypedia (aka the wiki)  (Read 141379 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: Bootypedia (aka the wiki)
« Reply #60 on: November 17, 2015, 07:01:26 pm »
Is there a match up with

Guardian
Operative
Coordinator?

Guardian is red, others are silver. Well at least this will be fully implemented in the soon-incoming new release :)

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #61 on: November 17, 2015, 07:29:48 pm »
@ Dioxine: Hmm... so only the public enemy is in the orange robes?

[Posts merged. No double posting - Dioxine]

Okay, testing out some images for Vessels.  As Dioxine has requested that we avoid uploading the custom art found in the Bootypedia to avoid Copyright issues,  maybe we can use some of the ingame items.

The base icon could be our place holder for these guys, or we could use Tactical Battle screenshots made with new battle generator.  (Or both when we have time?) ;)

Here are some examples of the Bonny & friends enlarge 3x and sharpened. 

Looks acceptible to me.  If this works for you, Draco, I and update the place holder images in the https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=Vessels_(Piratez) Vessels Page.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 07:51:48 pm by ivandogovich »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #62 on: November 17, 2015, 07:46:28 pm »
@ Dioxine: Hmm... so only the public enemy is in the orange robes?

No, he's in white robes, actually (by ruleset recolor) :) But I don't have an inventory pic with the gangsta clock on his neck. Yet.
Original, orange Ethereals aren't in the game as of now (as in visible, psionic, using weapons); this will be explained in the lore. Guardian uses weapons & is visible now, but he's no longer psionic (except for a formidable psi def).
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 07:48:13 pm by Dioxine »

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Steam: DracoGriffin
« Reply #63 on: November 17, 2015, 09:30:05 pm »
Here are some examples of the Bonny & friends enlarge 3x and sharpened. 

Looks acceptible to me.  If this works for you, Draco, I and update the place holder images in the https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=Vessels_(Piratez) Vessels Page.

I didn't even think about a BattleScape screenshot.

Yeah, maybe the base image on the left (since they are smallish) and at some point, BattleScape image on the right (and eventually, on the direct Vessel pages we can have the Roster line-up placement [like you did for the Bonaventura - where soldiers stand when deployed depending on listing in the roster]).

But feel free to experiment too, that's the nature of the wiki! Anything that goes wrong or whatnot, can always undo it (best to always preview though so things don't get broke, I learned that the hard way. :P)

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #64 on: November 17, 2015, 10:00:15 pm »
I've updated the Multi-role craft.  https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=Vessels_(Piratez)#Multi-Role_Vessels

I'm not sure I've parsed the Piratez vessels that use the original graphics correctly, (i.e. Crab/Drakkar, etc). XD

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #65 on: November 18, 2015, 03:59:21 pm »
I'm not sure I've parsed the Piratez vessels that use the original graphics correctly, (i.e. Crab/Drakkar, etc). XD

The only ones that are wrong are Deliverator (BlazerBase.png) and Thunderhorse (DropshipBase.gif). Also, attaching an upgraded gfx for Baracuda (author: Mick the Mage).

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #66 on: November 18, 2015, 05:21:54 pm »
Thanks Dioxine!  I have those corrected! :)

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 18, 2015, 07:14:44 pm »
Ivan, looks like you're getting stuck on the UBK Piratez template thing, like I did.

My wiki-fu is just a bit too weak for it. Good luck though!

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #68 on: November 18, 2015, 07:51:08 pm »
I'm getting there!! The trick is in the .gif as far as I can tell, because it tries to always append .gif to the images.

I've made a new image template that I can use to make base bits (with dirt/walls/doors etc) but my Pixlr doesn't save as .gifs so I have to run a third step to save as .gif.  Kinda crazy, but I think it will work. Woot!

Edit:  Working:
https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=User:IvanDogovich/Sandbox/base

Still have more images to create/upload, but alot are done. :)

Edit 2:  Facilities are now updated with images for all of them. :)
https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=Facilities_%28Piratez%29#Researchable_Hideout_Facilities

« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 02:23:13 am by ivandogovich »

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 19, 2015, 03:29:02 am »
Would you mind updating my terrible Still version? What did you use to get those cropped so well, screenshots or ?

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #70 on: November 19, 2015, 03:42:42 pm »
Sure thing, already did so. ;)

For these new images, I used a few things.  Pixlr was my online editor that allowed me to do layers.  I used basepits.pck https://www.ufopaedia.org/images/5/57/BASEBITSPCK.png to get the dirt background for the bottom layer, and the doors for top layers.  Then I used most the rectangular generic room from the same image above the floor, and brought in Dioxine's /resources/basebits facility images ontop of the room. Nudged them around a bit to align them properly, then saved them out.  Pixlr saved as .png, so I just used Powerpoint to resave them as a .gif and oila!! ;)

I think I'm mostly done uploading images for things.  Battlescape shots could be added, spritesheet grids etc too, but those may take more time.

I'm considering working up some armor lines pages.  These would have the progression of all each line of armor, i.e. Tac vest through tac armor etc.  I haven't explored these really, so I've got a lot to learn there. 

I'd also like to get a good format for Unit vital stats and start to fill those in a bit.

Any other suggestions on places where we still need images?  Or something that you feel we should tackle first?

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 19, 2015, 10:13:13 pm »
Honestly, you've done amazing work and that's pretty much "it".

Now it's just a matter of updating for the recent releases and putting pictures where they make sense.

The other parts that I haven't gotten to (as there isn't a huge demand, most basic info is there) is listing all the Black Market items (costs/research needed/etc), as well as all manufacturable items (cost/time/space/research/materials/etc). Then there's the Research... which is going to be crazy. I'm not even sure how to present it yet (either just listed by research title or attempt to  categorize [e.g., starting topics, weapons, crafts, facilities, armors, interrogations, etc]).

It's just a matter of what you think needs to be added/edited/removed of what's been put up.

--- Yes, the template for Units you found is basically what I'm going to use. And to find templates; whenever you edit a page, below the edit box you should see a line: "Templates used on this page:" and click the arrow to see what they use. For the Unit Statbox, the template/mediawiki code is:
Code: [Select]
{{Unit Stat Wrapper Open | title = Sectoid }}

{| border = 0
|- valign = "top"
|

{{Unit Stat Box |=
| time_units = 54-62
| health =  30
| energy = 90-104
| reactions = 63-78
| strength =30-32
| bravery =  80
| firing_accuracy = 26-64
| throwing_accuracy = 58
| close_combat_accuracy = 76
| psi_skill = 40-58
| psi_strength = 50-69
}}

|

{{Unit Stat Box 2|=
| armour_front = 2-4
| armour_sides = 1-3
| armour_rear = 1-2
| armour_under = 1-2
| energy_recovery = 30
| victory_points = 10-25
| aggression = 0-2
| intelligence = 3-8
| height_standing = 16
| height_kneeling = 12
}}

|
{| {{StdTable}}
|- {{StdDescTable Heading}}
| colspan ="2"|Valid Ranks
|-
| Soldier
| Yes
|-
| Navigator
| Yes
|-
| Medic
| Yes
|-
| Engineer
| Yes
|-
| Leader
| Yes
|-
| Commander
| Yes
|-
| Terrorist
| -
|}

|}

{| {{StdTable}}
|- {{StdDescTable Heading}}
! colspan ="8"|Damage
|- {{StdTable Sub Heading}}
|AP
|In
|HE
|Laser
|Plasma
|Stun
|Melee
|Acid Spit
|- align = "center"
|100%
|100%
|100%
|100%
|100%
|100%
|120%
|160%
|}
{{Unit Stat Wrapper Close}}

The information will probably have to be changed/updated (That is, probably have to make our own templates with similar format) to reflect the differences (mostly minor I believe, should just only be the OpenXcomExtended things like Melee Dodge) for X-PirateZ.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #73 on: November 20, 2015, 01:56:30 am »
Hmm, the 'morale recovery' box is pointless, since every unit in the game is governed by the same Combat Stress mechanic. Maybe use the space to add melee dodge? (in case of Ratman, that'd be 55 * 0.4 = 22% front, 11% back)

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #74 on: November 22, 2015, 07:14:40 pm »
Images have been uploaded for the new .96 items. ( guns, enemies, facilities, etc.)

@Dioxine:  Question:
Is Tactical Armor H (Helmeted) still in the mod?  I'm not finding it in the current ruleset / lang files. 
Also:  I noticed Ghoul unlocks STR_Helmet (Per Imeryak's research viewer).  Wouldn't it make more sense for the Highwayman to unlock the helmet?