Author Topic: Master of Orion reboot announced by Wargaming  (Read 15726 times)

Offline kharille

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Master of Orion reboot announced by Wargaming
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2015, 04:27:28 am »
took me 10 years, from 2002 to 2012 to finish it.  Then realized I didn't want to play BG 2 with the ranger character I had.  Now I'm trying a fighter mage...  its going to take a long time to get into BG2...

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2015, 11:09:06 am »
I mashed both, as well as Icewind Dale and a shitload of mods, into one big campaign.

...Looks like I'm set for life.

Offline kharille

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2015, 11:37:10 am »
Bearing in mind it takes me a decade to finish BG, I don't know why I keep visiting Icewind Dale on GOG.  I bought the other bioware classic about the undead guy but I couldn't get into it.  I acknowledge I was impressed by the amount of text and writing in that game.  Sort of opposite of Icewind with BG in the middle.  But I don't think I can get into it until...  much later.

Tried to watch a playthrough but it was in polish text.  Can't remember the name of that bioware zombie weird world game...

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2015, 11:48:40 am »
I bought the other bioware classic about the undead guy but I couldn't get into it.

Planescape: Torment was the only cRPG I really could get into.

Offline kharille

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2015, 12:15:56 pm »
I remember before I bought it on Ebay they said there were different versions.  I'd assume GOG probably sell a full version.

So tempted to buy soft copies of games I already own.....

Offline pilot00

• Colonel
  • Back in the day it was gameplay not a feature....
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2015, 03:24:01 pm »
Planescape: Torment was the only cRPG I really could get into.

Plancescape was not an cRPG, it was a mirracle. It should be given to everyone who aspires to be a game developer as a textbook of what scenario, immersion and character development are about.

Offline kharille

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2015, 04:18:22 pm »
*warily considers giving planescape another shot*

I think I'll buy wasteland 2 on the steam sale.  Would love to get into 1 but ...  2 should be faster to get into....

Offline pilot00

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2015, 02:40:35 pm »

I think I'll buy wasteland 2 on the steam sale.  Would love to get into 1 but ...  2 should be faster to get into....

Made one run of it. Was good for that run, but it didnt entice me well enough for a rerun. It was interesting to see how the world of Wasteland developed, and it poses some nice ethical questions. IMHO the character creation and leveling up is a bit problematic. 

Nothing was the same in the Post Apocalypse department after fallout 2 for me though, so that might be a reason I cant get hooked.

If you are a role player and not "I will bash them till their skulls cave in" type of player (not that it lacks on that department), you will enjoy it. It posses a huge number of philosophical questions. Also it has the coolest spell visuals ever, Just throw a meteor shower :D
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 02:44:31 pm by pilot00 »

Offline kharille

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2015, 04:26:59 am »
Just bought Wasteland 2 on the steam sale.  Probably play 20 minutes of it and then back to my Mount & Blade Warband game.... 

Really want to finish the last dlc of Fallout 3, and get back into my Fallout New Vegas game.  I agree, Fallout 2 and the later versions was a world apart.  I really want to get into Killaps mod, but the problem with modding is how they keep improving on it.  You never know what great features they implement in a later edition that you don't want to do without, and it might not be save compatible.

Offline pilot00

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2015, 02:07:51 pm »
Just bought Wasteland 2 on the steam sale.  Probably play 20 minutes of it and then back to my Mount & Blade Warband game.... 

Really want to finish the last dlc of Fallout 3, and get back into my Fallout New Vegas game.  I agree, Fallout 2 and the later versions was a world apart.  I really want to get into Killaps mod, but the problem with modding is how they keep improving on it.  You never know what great features they implement in a later edition that you don't want to do without, and it might not be save compatible.

Killaps mod is finished a long time ago isnt it? Last time I played it was about a year ago. We talk about the restoration project right? This thing is like Solarius FMP, you cant play X-Com without FMP, you cant play Fallout2 without the restoration.

On fallout 3 and Vegas. Well yeah I almost finished 3, not because I liked it but as a tribute to the other two, got a weird bug and couldnt progress and dropped it. I started Vegas later, was a lot better than 3 but still...I feel like they both lack souls. Running around with a Chinese Ak-47 replica and killing everything in sight gets borring. IDK how else to describe it. And I fear 4 wont be any different.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 09:34:19 pm by pilot00 »

Offline kharille

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2015, 05:03:14 am »
Getting into and maybe finishing a game of FO2 with Killaps mod, that's the next thing I need to do...  That and a backlog of games.  To think I managed to play 4 games of FO2 and finish two of them  in 10 years whereas Baldurs gate didn't appeal that much to me.

And then there are some new releases like FO4 this year, and Xcom 2015... 

Offline pilot00

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2015, 01:29:03 pm »
Getting into and maybe finishing a game of FO2 with Killaps mod, that's the next thing I need to do...  That and a backlog of games.  To think I managed to play 4 games of FO2 and finish two of them  in 10 years whereas Baldurs gate didn't appeal that much to me.

And then there are some new releases like FO4 this year, and Xcom 2015...

Your set up good m8. Me on the other hand have taken the whole wing commander series for a spin :P
Just finished 1 yersterday.

I feel we have deviated enough though this thread (maybe we should start a retro gaming thread in general).

What is the thing you wish MoO exapands upon? I would personally would ask for a bit more of racial lore expansion.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 01:32:02 pm by pilot00 »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2015, 02:48:48 pm »
Lore would be good unless it comes out maimed - the "fearless Alkari warriors" part got me a bit scared, MoO1/2 Alkari were always a peaceful folk (but indeed brave warriors if pushed into a fight for survival). The real "warrior race" were always the Mrrshan, fighting like demons despite their physical and technological shortcomings! (much less physically powerful than Bulrathi, worse pilots than Alkari, without the tech+cash+great leaders combo the Humans had, but the Warlord trait and Ultra-Elite crews were enough to make up for these disadvantages!)

Also I hope the MoO3 lore never happened, as the writer seemed to simply hate each of the "less serious" MoO2 races, like Mrrshan, Elerians, Bulrathi, Gnolam... :)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2015, 03:39:00 pm »
Also I hope the MoO3 lore never happened, as the writer seemed to simply hate each of the "less serious" MoO2 races, like Mrrshan, Elerians, Bulrathi, Gnolam... :)

...Trilarians...
...while introducing a bunch of just as nonsensical races, but more boring. :)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2015, 03:58:07 pm »
...Trilarians...
...while introducing a bunch of just as nonsensical races, but more boring. :)

Yeah damned Space Elves, but without the fun parts :)