Author Topic: [SUBMOD][MAPS]Expanded Ubase Reworked - Version 1.3 - New and Turned Maps  (Read 65123 times)

Offline kevL

• Colonel
  • pitchforks and torches
    • View Profile
Re: [SUBMOD][MAPS]Expanded Ubase Reworked - Version 1.3 - New and Turned Maps
« Reply #90 on: January 25, 2020, 04:11:40 am »
I am not really sure how to increase the levels, i could just add two layers of dirt. Adding those to the ground level would also require to change the layer of the routes (would have to be manually....), or maybe on Top is better...

if you're using Mv2, the levels of routenodes should change automatically, whether adding levels to the top or bottom of a Map.

ironically, it's when adding levels to the top of a map that the levels of the nodes need to change. Because level 0 is actually the toplevel of a map (in code, but what's displayed in the ui as the "level" is translated what we expect -- with level 1 as groundlevel, going up).

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #91 on: January 25, 2020, 04:18:39 am »
if you're using Mv2, the levels of routenodes should change automatically, whether adding levels to the top or bottom of a Map.

ironically, it's when adding levels to the top of a map that the levels of the nodes need to change. Because level 0 is actually the toplevel of a map (in code, but what's displayed in the ui as the "level" is translated what we expect -- with level 1 as groundlevel, going up).

Does MapView two now actually run under Linux? Or would i still we stuck with the Win 7VM i so far used for map making.

Offline kevL

• Colonel
  • pitchforks and torches
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 25, 2020, 04:41:53 am »
well, Stoddard does automated builds against Mono (linked at the top of the Mv2 Distribution page at github) ... but osd_daedalus had issues until he built the codebase against Mono natively.

I'm just a windows guy so ... that stuff is pretty much in the court of Linux users

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #93 on: January 25, 2020, 04:47:02 am »
well, Stoddard does automated builds against Mono (linked at the top of the Mv2 Distribution page at github) ... but osd_daedalus had issues until he built the codebase against Mono natively.

I'm just a windows guy so ... that stuff is pretty much in the court of Linux users

I don't mind using the VM. Its working even thou i am actually using a really old version of mapview.
Guess its time to start using up to date.
Configuration is done in YAML right?

Offline kevL

• Colonel
  • pitchforks and torches
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 25, 2020, 05:32:52 am »
definitely use the latest version of Mv2 if you're gonna go the Mv2 route ... (has bugfixes etc.)

backup yer stuff, and install from scratch.

The screenshot below shows my /settings folder, that gets created on install. Those files are YAML except MapOptions.cfg, which uses an Mv1 routine.

if you have to convert an Mv1 config to Mv2, well that's on a case by case basis,

(btw, MapTilesets~piratez.yml is (a backup of) a successful conversion from Piratez using the RulesetConverter)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #95 on: January 25, 2020, 12:25:30 pm »
I am actually wondering, if i somehow increase the map  height to 4 Levels, i could actually also spawn all UFO's as a map part in a hangar. Imagine that!

Not that hard to imagine :)

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 26, 2020, 02:35:00 am »
It is an interesting proposal but a little overwhelming. I would vote adding dirt on top. And the alien hangar section can be a spawn point, as on player base defenses.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
It is an interesting proposal but a little overwhelming. I would vote adding dirt on top. And the alien hangar section can be a spawn point, as on player base defenses.

Interesting idea but that would require a lot of work. Maybe its not so hard with Mapview2