aliens

Author Topic: Holey supply ship  (Read 22012 times)

Offline volutar

• Colonel
  • Vanilla digger & Quality assistant
    • View Profile
Re: Holey supply ship
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2015, 09:42:16 am »
Well, I don't remember if I use the patched data (since I hate to use third parties) but surely at this issue is vanilla (from the shots I made).
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 10:06:41 am by volutar »

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2015, 01:34:18 pm »
i had a look myself and volutar nailed it. The hole is missing ground so they can shoot down at you but is not obvious because adjacent wall tiles also have some ground as part of their sprites but the  lof is a wall type so engine sees a hole there. so it appears like you have ground and wall but in fact is just a wall with a hole underneath . simply add the matching ground in mapview.

Offline 7Saturn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2015, 01:38:46 pm »
If there are already people who fix(ed) this, please upload it. (Yeah, I'm simply to lazy to work myself into those details and fix it myself at my side.  ;D)

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2015, 03:22:48 pm »
If there are already people who fix(ed) this, please upload it. (Yeah, I'm simply to lazy to work myself into those details and fix it myself at my side.  ;D)

it takes like 2 seconds  put it in your maps overwrite the other one is gonna patch the hole in the ground. there may be other bugs

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2015, 03:26:37 pm »
also the lightning is a famous bug long time patched its lof is wrong.  but if you are using vanilla maps/terrain then is still gonna be there. honestly  is good in a way as lighting sucks anyway at least is more tactical to deploy 3 people at once.

Offline 7Saturn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2015, 04:23:56 pm »
it takes like 2 seconds  put it in your maps overwrite the other one is gonna patch the hole in the ground. there may be other bugs
That's pretty much what I did with the hole Update-Pack. ;) I assume, this file (I just tested it) is the same, as in the updatepack? As I said, that alone doesn't do the trick with the version from Ubuntu repositories. Now the question for me is, if it is necessary to download the source and compile a nightly, to benefit from it, or not.

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2015, 04:44:48 pm »
you'e probably not doing it right if nothing ever changes. i added the terrain you may need to restart that mission possibly load/save is fixed terrain from before.  next time you see the ship may be patched.

Offline 7Saturn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2015, 05:01:02 pm »
you'e probably not doing it right if nothing ever changes.
You may be right, however...
you may need to restart that mission
I did all tests with a restartet openxcom, starting a »New Battle« instead of loading any saved game. So that can't be the problem. The new files supposedly were loaded and used, as there are any other.
next time you see the ship may be patched.
Simply: No. It's not. But as I said, I'm using 1.0, current version from the Ubuntu repositories. If a newer version is necessary, then that's where the problem lies.

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2015, 05:09:08 pm »
just tested it now is fixed on my side. as i said before you probably are doing something weird. put the file in MAPS and replace the old one. I have a feeling you might have installed the patch wrong :)  Maybe you have 2 sets of data. Maybe  you do need  nightly :)

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2015, 05:12:16 pm »
Both 1.0 and the nightly should just use whichever file it is that you provide them. I don't believe the engine needs to be upgraded to be patched but the upgraded game from the nightly might well already have the patch, or not, since it too will read whichever map you provide it.

Regardless, it is a good thing to upgrade from 1.0 to the nightly. As volutar said, it is a bit old now..
(If you need help, feel free to send me a pm, I also run on Ubuntu and I have notes on how I install nightlies)

Offline 7Saturn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2015, 07:45:16 pm »
as i said before you probably are doing something weird.
I'm just wondering, what...
put the file in MAPS and replace the old one.
That much I already figured out. ;)
I have a feeling you might have installed the patch wrong :) Maybe you have 2 sets of data.
There's exactly one file »UFO_170.MAP« on my harddisk, so it must be the one, the game is using. And thats exactly the one from the patch, I put there.
Maybe  you do need  nightly :)
I think, I'll better try that.
(If you need help, feel free to send me a pm, I also run on Ubuntu and I have notes on how I install nightlies)
I'll see, if I need your support.  :)

Offline 7Saturn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2015, 11:50:26 pm »
So, it seems to work, with the nightly, anyway. But I was having quite a hassle, getting the nightly to run. Which makes me wonder, if it would be useful, to publish them on repositories 'n stuff... Using the same data-folder as the normal installed version seems to be causing some serious problems.

Offline 7Saturn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2015, 05:46:56 pm »
And now it seems not to, any more. Nightly from this morning, compiled under Ubuntu 14.04 x64, using the very same vanilla + patch files, as before. Maybe something went wrong, while changing the directory-layout for ufo-files?

Offline 7Saturn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2015, 11:27:37 am »
Anybody having this problem again, as well? Or is it just me? New nightly, new copy of the vanilla files, newly copied patch-files, and the supply ship is »leaking plasma« again on the front left corner.

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2015, 11:39:44 am »
Yep, same here.