Author Topic: Holey supply ship  (Read 21720 times)

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
Re: Holey supply ship
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2015, 12:47:17 pm »
Well i have fixed the Supply Ship Map by adding the missing groundtile in mapview.
I also checked how the other diagonal walls groundtiles were built, and there is a set of groundtiles which probably need to overlap to make sure nothing can shoot true.

Maybe you try the UFO_170.MAP attached here and tell me if the Plasma leaking still occurs?

Just make a backup of your original file and overwrite it.

Offline 7Saturn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2015, 09:15:16 pm »
Doesn't seem to do the trick on this end. I attached the savedgame, showing the problem rather clearly. Only end the turn and you will see. I tested it with the latest nightly, downloaded just 10 minutes ago.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2015, 03:23:25 am »
Create a new Battle, do not load a savegame which was made with the unpatched map.

Because the mapdate stored in the savegame file for battle terains also includes which tiles are placed were.

You can check out the attached save were you can see the patched map working.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 03:27:57 am by hellrazor »

Offline 7Saturn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2015, 07:54:58 am »
Oh, didn't know that. But now that you mention it: Sure, if you damage a map-item, it has to be stored somewhere, so it's logical. =) I'll try it by starting a new Battle.

Offline 7Saturn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2015, 06:20:05 pm »
OK, after carefully testing it in debugmode, I believe, the problem has been solved by you. =) Thanks for the work. I'll add it to my patch-files. Just one additional question on that topic: Do you think, these files will be usefull for ufo2000-maps as well? (Maybe Hobbes can shed some light on that, too...). It relies on vanilla-files, as well. But I don't know, if these bugfixes on the maps may be benefitial to it, as well.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2015, 11:54:46 am »
OK, after carefully testing it in debugmode, I believe, the problem has been solved by you. =) Thanks for the work. I'll add it to my patch-files. Just one additional question on that topic: Do you think, these files will be usefull for ufo2000-maps as well? (Maybe Hobbes can shed some light on that, too...). It relies on vanilla-files, as well. But I don't know, if these bugfixes on the maps may be benefitial to it, as well.

Everyone with MapView can solve this Problem.
But it is still inclining to me that this bug is not fixed in the universal data patch. At least not in the Version i have been using maybe there is a new one which already has this fixed, i don't know.

Offline Tarvis

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2015, 05:37:28 pm »
It is fixed in the universal patch. 7saturn just didn't get the updated map because he loaded a savegame.

Offline 7Saturn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2015, 05:58:41 pm »
It's not completely wrong but not completely right, either. There was a problem, at first, which vanished, after patching my files. Then it reappeared which had nothing to do with saved game. Only that second fixing, that didn't help at first, because of loading a saved game. Anyways, it's working again, and I'm happy. =)

Offline Tarvis

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2015, 06:07:26 pm »
Well, I don't know what to tell you. hellrazor's modified map file is identical to the one in the universal patch.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2015, 06:13:22 pm »
Well, I don't know what to tell you. hellrazor's modified map file is identical to the one in the universal patch.

Good to know that this is taken care of in the universqal data patch i wasn't aware of it.