aliens

Author Topic: [FINISHED] Let's play OpenXcom (Final Mod Pack)  (Read 58439 times)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
[FINISHED] Let's play OpenXcom (Final Mod Pack)
« on: November 05, 2014, 12:30:20 pm »

Rules:
 * Superhuman
 * Ironman (not the built-in Ironman though, I need the saves in case of crashes/malfunctions... it's a big mod you know)
 * No (throwable) explosives in the first 2 turns (banned: grenade, proxy grenade, alien grenade, HE pack, blaster launcher; allowed: HE ammo for heavy cannon etc., rocket launcher, smoke grenade) since episode #33, allowed again
 * Primed grenades can be carried ONLY in hand
 * No spoilers (I have virtually zero knowledge about the content of this mega-mod... and I would like to enjoy the "playing for the first time" effect... please don't spoil anything in this thread or in the YouTube comments section... thank you!)

Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLe0K-GUDQkNIFsiJLbZIfaoRVsY5qmx09

Start date: 26th January 2015... every Monday, Wednesday and Friday

If you have any questions, ideas, suggestions or anything else, don't hesitate to share them here... preferably before the series starts.

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 11:37:38 am by Meridian »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Let's play OpenXcom (Final Mod Pack)
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 12:30:34 pm »
reserved

Offline BPRoberts

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2014, 08:06:20 pm »
No suggestions at the moment, but I volunteer for the cannon fodder first squad if you're taking names.

Offline yrizoud

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2014, 03:07:32 pm »
Since a bit of time (Early December ?), the developments of OpenXCom have become incompatible with the maps included in the FMP. The issue is not trivial to fix (few people are able to edit maps), so I wouldn't count on it being fixed by 26 January.
To playtest, you will have to pick an older nightly build of OpenXCom. It might be safer to double-check with Solarius, to determine exactly which version you can safely use.

Offline Bobby Buns

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2014, 01:27:17 am »
Count me in. Private Bobby Buns, Reporting for Duty!

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2014, 03:09:59 am »
Since a bit of time (Early December ?), the developments of OpenXCom have become incompatible with the maps included in the FMP. The issue is not trivial to fix (few people are able to edit maps), so I wouldn't count on it being fixed by 26 January.
To playtest, you will have to pick an older nightly build of OpenXCom. It might be safer to double-check with Solarius, to determine exactly which version you can safely use.

I've already posted on the FMP thread about this. I can fix the ruleset regarding the maps (no map editing is actually required).

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2014, 06:16:16 pm »
I've already posted on the FMP thread about this. I can fix the ruleset regarding the maps (no map editing is actually required).

Meridian has stated that he wants to take this blind, so he won't read the FMP thread.    Do you have a link for the post on the ruleset?

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2014, 07:32:46 pm »
Meridian has stated that he wants to take this blind, so he won't read the FMP thread.    Do you have a link for the post on the ruleset?

I only offered my assistance to fix the FMP ruleset. But if Solaris Scorch can't do it before this Let's Play starts then I can post a fix.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2015, 01:22:04 pm »
Thanks for the heads up guys!
I have looked at the FMP thread (last two pages) and I understand that the problem is caused by a change in map scripting/generation. I will therefore use the nightly build from just before this change:

OpenXcom: openxcom_git_master_2014_11_17_1232.zip
FMP: Final Mod Pack_0.9.7.1.zip

Happy New Year!

Offline Random Commander

• Captain
  • Making no sense since 1997
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2015, 09:30:45 pm »
As a semi-vet player of FMP, I will respect your rule of not spoiling anything. All I have to say is you will have an interesting time if the bugs don't make it horribly unplayable!

Also, sign me up. I hope I get one of the big guns!

Offline TomasRiker

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2015, 06:37:10 pm »
I'm so looking forward to this Let's Play!
Meridian, please add my friend "Saitov" as a soldier as well as myself.

Offline Tetsu

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2015, 09:24:28 am »
Having just watched your TFTD playthrough, and working on your Hawaii challenge, I'd love to join your squad for this one!
Though I would ask if you could name me "Tetsu_15" should you allow me in the squad, being my name on YT and in Ivan Dogovich's LP's :)

Looking forward to this one!

Offline the_third_curry

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2015, 05:26:30 am »
I'll join this playthrough. I place my life expectancy at 3 missions, assuming I don't come off the ship in the 1st mission.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2015, 05:40:58 am »
I'll join this playthrough. I place my life expectancy at 3 missions, assuming I don't come off the ship in the 1st mission.

Hmm.. 10 less than your current record in my playthrough.  I think you should have better faith in Meridian than that! ;)
Cheers, Ivan :D

(Also: Can't wait for this to start!! Shoutout already in the can for Monday's Episode :)

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2015, 04:28:48 pm »
Huge Congratulations, Meridian on this totally Deserved, Awesome Milestone!

I hope you feel better soon!  Can't wait for this series!

Cheers, Ivan :D