aliens

Author Topic: [OLD] Old OXCE discussion thread  (Read 663245 times)

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [OXCE] OpenXcom Extended
« Reply #1530 on: May 18, 2018, 07:48:03 pm »
Right my bad, I forget that I add limit on this in damage function, probably this will need small refactor to not coping multiple times `health * 4`.

For now commit for cherry-pick: https://github.com/Yankes/OpenXcom/commit/f0495bf10e03cf37096254dfacc01eae1a8eac63

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: May 18, 2018, 07:56:57 pm »

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: May 26, 2018, 12:23:00 am »
bugreport: "skillApplied" on items is not considered

https://github.com/Yankes/OpenXcom/blob/stash/workInProgress/src/Mod/RuleItem.cpp#L444

Code: [Select]
if (node["skillApplied"].as<int>(false))
should be
Code: [Select]
if (node["skillApplied"].as<bool>(false))

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: May 26, 2018, 12:29:01 am »
yup

Offline Mechasaurian

• Sergeant
  • Imperial SpecOps
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: May 29, 2018, 05:27:05 pm »
3.0:
Backported game machanic changes from Meridian OXCE+.

Well, that's pretty darn confusing.

Does that mean all of the OXCE+ mechanics? Some of them? If not all, which ones? Does this not muddy the waters between OXCE and OXCE+, making the distinction less apparent?

Mind clarifying for me?

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: May 29, 2018, 05:48:43 pm »
Well, that's pretty darn confusing.

Does that mean all of the OXCE+ mechanics? Some of them? If not all, which ones? Does this not muddy the waters between OXCE and OXCE+, making the distinction less apparent?

Mind clarifying for me?

It means "some".

There is no clarification possible, because there is no masterplan. Whatever Yankes liked, he took into OXCE.

If you need to know exactly what it is... there is no easier way than to read the whole commit history in git.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: May 29, 2018, 09:55:13 pm »
It means "some".

There is no clarification possible, because there is no masterplan. Whatever Yankes liked, he took into OXCE.

If you need to know exactly what it is... there is no easier way than to read the whole commit history in git.
yup,

@Mechasaurian problem is I have bit different goals than Meridian, I prefer extensions that do not change UI if possible.
Meridian add lot of QoL changes and UI improvements.

Looking at current state of affairs you could consider my OXCE as "lite" version of OXCE+

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: May 31, 2018, 11:04:53 pm »
Bugreport: units on fire render bug when aiming, see screenshot

https://github.com/Yankes/OpenXcom/blob/stash/workInProgress/src/Battlescape/UnitSprite.cpp#L222
https://github.com/Yankes/OpenXcom/blob/stash/workInProgress/src/Battlescape/UnitSprite.cpp#L272

Might also apply to bubbles which were moved there recently too... I didn't test the bubbles yet

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: May 31, 2018, 11:46:25 pm »
Right, this is because original version move sprites around (bigger temporal surface for aiming), to not rewriting all code I added this hack (`_x -= 16`) probably correct long term solution will be remove this hack and aiming adjustment from vanilla code.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: June 08, 2018, 07:25:51 pm »
Hi Yankes, ever since you wrote the code for picking ammo slots by action type, I felt it was missing a configuration option for arcing shot or not by action type, so I wrote a commit to add the option to set arcing: true by shot type.  Could you review this and consider including it in OXCE?  Thanks!

Also, I found a discrepancy between OXCE and OXC regarding AI unit melee charges - here you use getSpecialWeapon(BT_MELEE), while in the same place OXC uses getMeleeWeapon(), which is closer to getUtilityWeapon(BT_MELEE) in OXCE.  As a result, AI units that are charging fail to attack at the end of walking up to a player unit unless they have a meleeWeapon on their unit definition, even though they decided to charge since they have a melee item instead.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: June 09, 2018, 12:04:14 am »
For your commit, I think better would be if you use something like `(_action.weapon->getActionConf(_action.type) && _action.weapon->getActionConf(_action.type)->arcing)`, it will be more future proof.

For diffrence in in AI, you are correct, in `AIModule::think` the `getUtilityWeapon` is use, this mean OXCE is inconsistent. Correct fix is use `getUtilityWeapon`.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: June 09, 2018, 01:48:34 am »
Would you like me to amend the commit for the arcing shot configuration and send a new link?

Do you want a commit for the melee attack fix?

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: June 09, 2018, 01:10:04 pm »
Yes for both, btw in `awardExperience` we have too arcing test, probably would be good add this new functionality there too.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: June 09, 2018, 05:28:07 pm »
Here's the commit for the changes to arcing shots, I updated the check in ProjectileFlyBState and in AIModule (might be OXCE+ only), but I can't include this check in TileEngine::awardExperience, as the action type is not passed to the function.

Here's the fix for AI melee attacks at the end of a charge.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 11:53:38 pm by ohartenstein23 »