Author Topic: [OLD] Old OXCE discussion thread  (Read 672998 times)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [OXCE] OpenXcom Extended
« Reply #1515 on: April 09, 2018, 01:42:43 am »
Ah yes, I remember now... you were the guy with 500 soldiers hired and no losses... not sure why you need statistics, if you don't have any losses :)

Jokes aside, I am not interested in changing how soldier diaries are saved and loaded.... it's a lot of work... and no, your approach still doesn't work.
Btw. the biggest save I have here is 11 MB, and it loads in 4 seconds.
And even if it was more than 4 seconds on older computers... doing it once or twice per hour would not bother me.

Maybe you can find someone else to do it...

EDIT: I tried this 11 MB save on the oldest computer I could find... notebook from 2008 (10 years old)... and it loaded in 11 seconds.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 11:23:56 am by Meridian »

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: April 09, 2018, 01:48:26 am »
Ah yes, I remember now... you were the guy with 500 soldiers hired and no losses... not sure why you need statistics, if you don't have any losses :)

Jokes aside, I am not interested in changing how soldier diaries are saved and loaded.... it's a lot of work... and no, your approach still doesn't work.
And even if it was more than 4 seconds on older computers... doing it once or twice per hour would not bother me.

EDIT: I tried this 11 MB save on the oldest computer I could find... notebook from 2008 (10 years old)... and it loaded in 11 seconds.
yup, this more work for Warboy or SupSuper, otherwise OXCE/OXCE+ would need break compatibility with basic version.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 11:24:04 am by Meridian »

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: April 09, 2018, 01:40:49 pm »

Either you have a monstrously powerful computer, or because of XP, I have such a delay. The load time of the 5 megabyte save file in combat is 1 minute 30 seconds. 11 megabytes I probably would have loaded 3-4 minutes. My computer is not weaker than a hamster, he and Perfect World and World of Tanks pulls without problems. Strange situation.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: April 09, 2018, 02:14:12 pm »
Either you have a monstrously powerful computer, or because of XP, I have such a delay. The load time of the 5 megabyte save file in combat is 1 minute 30 seconds. 11 megabytes I probably would have loaded 3-4 minutes. My computer is not weaker than a hamster, he and Perfect World and World of Tanks pulls without problems. Strange situation.

That's not normal.

1/ Are you using the official executable or are you compiling your own? If you compile your own, make sure it is compiled in "Release mode", not in "Debug mode"... debug mode is 10-20x slower.

2/ Do you have antivirus running? If yes, try turning it off completely, and see if it helps... if yes, install a different antivirus software... Solarius had the same issue recently, and he also got significant improvement (from minutes to seconds).

PS: I tried it on Lenovo R500 notebook... average model from 2008, Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GHz, 3 GB RAM, slow classic HDD (=no SDD), Windows 7
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 02:18:58 pm by Meridian »

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: April 09, 2018, 04:01:51 pm »
That's not normal.

1/ Are you using the official executable or are you compiling your own? If you compile your own, make sure it is compiled in "Release mode", not in "Debug mode"... debug mode is 10-20x slower.

2/ Do you have antivirus running? If yes, try turning it off completely, and see if it helps... if yes, install a different antivirus software... Solarius had the same issue recently, and he also got significant improvement (from minutes to seconds).

I do not know which version of the test, and which is not. I have installed OXE + 3.10a 2018-02-24. I myself have not changed anything there.
Disabling the antivirus did not help much. Loaded only a couple of seconds faster.
Apparently it is in the overflow of the statistics of soldiers. For 400 soldiers, there are 164 missions, 6,119 killed and 86 captured aliens in the twelfth month.

P.S. Disabling statistics, of course, solves the problem, but ... it's like Ufoedia without images.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: April 09, 2018, 05:40:52 pm »
Upload the save here, I will try later how fast it loads for me...

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: April 09, 2018, 05:55:11 pm »
Upload the save here, I will try later how fast it loads for me...

It's done. But to check it it is necessary also my mod to download. https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,5724.0.html

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: April 10, 2018, 12:42:56 am »
It's done. But to check it it is necessary also my mod to download. https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,5724.0.html

It loads in 3 seconds on my current computer.

I will try also on the old computer later when I'm back home (on Thursday). But I don't expect it will be more than 10 seconds.

PS: btw. why didn't you create a normal mod? Why putting everything into /standard/xcom1 ? that's very unfortunate...

Offline Kammerer

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: April 10, 2018, 05:48:37 am »
It took about 5 seconds to load the save on my 10 years old PC. The mod was extracted to an old and quite slow HDD with a highly fragmented file system. The in-game journal can also be viewed without any problems.

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: April 10, 2018, 07:25:59 am »
Understandably. I will be helped only by switching to a new hardware with a new operating system. Thanks for the help.

PS: btw. why didn't you create a normal mod? Why putting everything into /standard/xcom1 ? that's very unfortunate...

Because all this construction is incompatible with other mods anyway. Whether it's a separate mod, or base - it does not matter.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1525 on: April 10, 2018, 10:32:25 am »
Because all this construction is incompatible with other mods anyway. Whether it's a separate mod, or base - it does not matter.

Well it matters to you, as you'll have a lot of work every time you update OXC ;)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: May 03, 2018, 03:02:11 pm »
I'm not done yet :> I probably before release scan this thread again and look for bugs I missed or forget.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: May 10, 2018, 12:47:23 pm »
small bugfix: craft stats need to be refreshed after loading OG saves via saveconverter

PS: I didn't add weapon stats since OG doesn't have any, but feel free to add them if you want

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: May 17, 2018, 11:33:19 pm »
bugreport: unit.getStunMax returns "current health" instead of "max heath * 4"

https://github.com/Yankes/OpenXcom/blob/stash/workInProgress/src/Savegame/BattleUnit.cpp#L4236

EDIT: in the meantime could you tell me how to fix it on my branch? I don't understand much of it... questions attached
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 12:45:59 pm by Meridian »