aliens

Author Topic: [OLD] Old OXCE discussion thread  (Read 663184 times)

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [OXCE] OpenXcom Extended
« Reply #1350 on: July 23, 2017, 04:14:29 pm »
I left the UFO for a while and do not know some things. Did not watched. I dug in the latest updates of everything that is, but I did not understand - was the critical bug corrected, with the experience and frags not being added, for the enemy killed by the mines? Does anyone do something about this monstrous bug?

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: July 23, 2017, 04:31:10 pm »
I do not recall this exact bug in Extended, if it existed it was probably fix already.

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: July 23, 2017, 05:14:30 pm »
I do not recall this exact bug in Extended, if it existed it was probably fix already.

If even you do not know, then nothing has been fixed. It's a pity.

2. Soldiers do Not credited dead aliens, if they died from an explosion of mines / proximity grenades of any type damage.

There are some fixes in vanilla waiting to be merged into OXCE 3.9 and also Yankes made some changes in OXCE 3.8... probably best to wait for 3.8 or 3.9 and re-test again.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: July 23, 2017, 08:16:34 pm »
I left the UFO for a while and do not know some things. Did not watched. I dug in the latest updates of everything that is, but I did not understand - was the critical bug corrected, with the experience and frags not being added, for the enemy killed by the mines? Does anyone do something about this monstrous bug?

1. Experience was always correctly counted.
2. Frags I didn't check... there are two kinds of frags actually... one normal game counter and one counter in diaries... I believe that only the diaries counter was bugged, the normal game frag counter was OK (99% sure)

EDIT: well, I've been proved wrong... :( see below

3. So the only thing you are missing are medals for some frags... which is not a "monstrous bug".
As I said, there were some fixes in recent nightlies... and they were merged in OXCE 3.9a and also OXCE+ 3.9a... you may want to retest and let us know if it works now...
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 10:41:19 pm by Meridian »

Offline clownagent

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: July 23, 2017, 09:29:59 pm »
Sometimes flames do not generate light (see screenshot).

It happened there when the tile was hit by a flame arrow (PirateZ). One turn later when the fire spreads lighting is proper again.

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: July 23, 2017, 10:10:01 pm »
3. So the only thing you are missing are medals for some frags... which is not a "monstrous bug".
As I said, there were some fixes in recent nightlies... and they were merged in OXCE 3.9a and also OXCE+ 3.9a... you may want to retest and let us know if it works now...

In version OXCE+ v3.9a - the bug has not been fixed.
Let someone else test it. And that can at me somewhere an bug, which I can not identify in any way?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: July 23, 2017, 10:35:52 pm »
In version OXCE+ v3.9a - the bug has not been fixed.
Let someone else test it. And that can at me somewhere an bug, which I can not identify in any way?

I can confirm it works in newest nightly.
I can unfortunately confirm it doesn't work in OXCE.

It's not fixed.
Attached a save to reproduce.
Steps:
1. load
2. end turn to get 2 kills with proxy
3. ctrl+D ctrl+K to kill remaining aliens
4. no experience and no kills :(

I'll have a look at it eventually, not sure when... if you have more time Yankes, feel free to investigate.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: July 24, 2017, 01:38:47 am »
Sometimes flames do not generate light (see screenshot).

It happened there when the tile was hit by a flame arrow (PirateZ). One turn later when the fire spreads lighting is proper again.
I can confirm it works in newest nightly.
I can unfortunately confirm it doesn't work in OXCE.

2x I will look on this

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: July 25, 2017, 10:04:48 pm »
Mouseover over a clip doesn't show ammo count.
reported here: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,4595.msg85774.html#msg85774

EDIT: looks like this bug was introduced by my latest commit (for combo weapons), I'll prepare a fix this week

EDIT2: also melee weapons show 255 ammo, probably wasn't like that before... I'll make comparison of all types between 3.7 and 3.9 and post an update later

« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 11:41:20 am by Meridian »

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: July 27, 2017, 02:16:00 am »
Just reported this problem and was advised to post here, hopefully this is the right place.

https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,5604.msg85815.html#msg85815

EDIT by Meridian: fixed link
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 11:12:22 am by Meridian »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: July 27, 2017, 11:11:35 am »
Just reported this problem and was advised to post here, hopefully this is the right place.

https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,5604.msg85815.html#msg85815

@Yankes
The images don't have any palette and oxce crashes on surfaceset copyconstructor: https://github.com/Yankes/OpenXcom/blob/OpenXcomExtended/src/Mod/Mod.cpp#L3693
Vanilla doesn't use copyconstructor... maybe because of this?

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: July 28, 2017, 02:09:18 am »
a) Right now you can easy remove this line completely because reason it was added was fixed (old draw item code modified x and y making impossible to draw same graphic on both hands).
b) Old copy was completely broken and when I fixed it I removed custom code that was work around of not working copy.
c) Because that was custom code it do not copy surfaces set exactly thous ignoring cases like lack of palette.
d) We could fix it by allowing coping `Surface` without but case a) exists and ...
e) 99% of surfaces ignore palettes (`blitNShade` respect only byte values nothing else), we could throw it away and it would still work only exception could be your ufopedia rich palette mode because I do not look on your code to know how it works (with it we could throw away SDL_Surface too, because it only needed for screen)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: July 28, 2017, 05:47:50 pm »
One more from the discord.

Mindcontrol/Panic/Use on psi-amps doesn't work on units on stairs.
Save attached... try panicking the sectoid on the stairs.

The visual effect is actually the same as in vanilla in this case... but the piratez save where I tried this first was not going only +1 z-level but also to the sides...
The not working psi amp is however much more important issue, let's forget about visual issue for now.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 05:51:45 pm by Meridian »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: July 29, 2017, 11:33:40 am »
Mouseover over a clip doesn't show ammo count.
reported here: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,4595.msg85774.html#msg85774

EDIT: looks like this bug was introduced by my latest commit (for combo weapons), I'll prepare a fix this week

EDIT2: also melee weapons show 255 ammo, probably wasn't like that before... I'll make comparison of all types between 3.7 and 3.9 and post an update later

Fixed both: https://github.com/MeridianOXC/OpenXcom/commit/aaa54fa338357efb83f13ff7b33783c1ca975bc9

As far as I can say all item types now display ammo count correctly.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: July 31, 2017, 05:53:05 pm »