Author Topic: [OLD] Old OXCE discussion thread  (Read 663360 times)

Offline sectopod

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [EXE] OpenXcom Extended
« Reply #1230 on: March 12, 2017, 03:11:42 am »
Yes, that was whole point of releasing it.

great! thank you!

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: March 16, 2017, 02:27:03 pm »
Just discovered RandomType: 6 (two dice @ 50%)

Been wanting that for a really long time. Its how I thought TFTD did their damage calc before I found out otherwise. Kudos and thank you, its more like roleplaying damage now.

Offline HelmetHair

• Colonel
  • He who laughs last thinks fastest.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: March 16, 2017, 02:30:51 pm »
Can we expect (hope) two ammo weapons in the next version OXCE+?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: March 16, 2017, 02:35:04 pm »
Just discovered RandomType: 6 (two dice @ 50%)

Been wanting that for a really long time. Its how I thought TFTD did their damage calc before I found out otherwise. Kudos and thank you, its more like roleplaying damage now.

You're welcome.

Assuming you're talking about two-dice roll, this was implement in OXCE+ originally, on 21st February 2016 (more than a year ago).
It was merged to OXCE later.

I recommend reading OXCE+ changelog :) You may find a lot more things you like.

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: March 16, 2017, 04:52:52 pm »
I'm currently playing area 51 v0.93 using meridian's exe of 12th March and wondering about the following. I increased the statcap for strength to 80 in STANDARD/xcom1/soldiers.rul but I'm also using the oxce mod "training room"(attached), does this mod overide the statcap as one of my troops has a strength now of 91?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: March 16, 2017, 06:29:56 pm »
I'm also using the oxce mod "training room"(attached), does this mod overide the statcap as one of my troops has a strength now of 91?

No, it doesn't.
But probably one of the other 40 mods you have enabled does.

Seriously man, play as intended.
No fun, if you bastardize Area 51 with 40 other mods.

I increased the statcap for strength to 80 in STANDARD/xcom1/soldiers.rul

This can/will be overwritten by any mod (you have 40!), which changes the same value.

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: March 16, 2017, 07:29:37 pm »
My mistake as it seems that it's the mod veteran soldiers is what's causing it with a strength statcap of 100, it's hard to mind all the mods you have on sometimes when you use a lot. Though the vast majority of them are relatively small or cosmetic and from what I can tell don't conflict with area 51.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1237 on: March 16, 2017, 08:35:49 pm »
I started combining mods to control them better... Et voila, FMP. :D

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: March 16, 2017, 11:27:59 pm »
This is still in plans for next version.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: March 20, 2017, 04:47:36 pm »
Hey Yankes, can I request some new script features?  Would it be possible to let scripts modify the amount of ammo remaining in a clip or the amount of charges left in a medkit item?  Right now we can read the amount remaining, but that limits some of the script use if we can't modify those values.  Also, how difficult would it be to make script hooks for picking up and dropping items?  Having those would simplify a number of otherwise complicated and convoluted scripts.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1240 on: March 20, 2017, 06:29:53 pm »
Speaking of, would it be possible for medikits to apply healing, painkiller and stun removal at once? I mean rum bottles in Piratez; it's weird that 1/3 of it is healing and so on. I mean, it's a bottle of rum!

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: March 20, 2017, 07:21:04 pm »
Hey Yankes, can I request some new script features?  Would it be possible to let scripts modify the amount of ammo remaining in a clip or the amount of charges left in a medkit item?  Right now we can read the amount remaining, but that limits some of the script use if we can't modify those values.  Also, how difficult would it be to make script hooks for picking up and dropping items?  Having those would simplify a number of otherwise complicated and convoluted scripts.
All this things are on my TODO list, right now I can add updating ammo & medkit on turn change and when unit get hit (this one is not much useful in that case).

Speaking of, would it be possible for medikits to apply healing, painkiller and stun removal at once? I mean rum bottles in Piratez; it's weird that 1/3 of it is healing and so on. I mean, it's a bottle of rum!
You mean in case when UI is not available? If yes then I could add new case that will apply all at once.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: March 20, 2017, 07:36:22 pm »
All this things are on my TODO list, right now I can add updating ammo & medkit on turn change and when unit get hit (this one is not much useful in that case).

hitUnit is the exact case in which I'm looking to use it actually - Dioxine and I had been discussing how to make personal energy shields with a proper indicator of remaining shield HP to the player, and one idea that cropped up is using the ammunition count in a clip as the HP value.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: March 20, 2017, 07:57:35 pm »
hitUnit is the exact case in which I'm looking to use it actually - Dioxine and I had been discussing how to make personal energy shields with a proper indicator of remaining shield HP to the player, and one idea that cropped up is using the ammunition count in a clip as the HP value.
consider its done.

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: March 22, 2017, 02:09:34 am »
Speaking of, would it be possible for medikits to apply healing, painkiller and stun removal at once?

Speaking of which, is it possible to make an item or a medikit give you straight Health just like stimpacks in fallout?

I know its kinda evil, but I wanna make an item that lets you heal damage completely. Even if you dont have any fatal wounds, etc like when you get burned. This just forks you over +5 health plain and simple (it can be balanced, give you lots of stun instead, and not self-usable).

> in this case its listed as something you pour on the wounded area and it stabilizes the damaged area, while healing it up fully over time on the way back to base.

also gives me ideas for resident evil style herb mixes