Author Topic: [OLD] Old OXCE discussion thread  (Read 663572 times)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [EXE] OpenXcom Extended
« Reply #720 on: February 18, 2016, 06:08:46 pm »
What you need to update to move from 2.5 to 2.9? I have all the files, and updated the STR_SOLDIER entry as well.

Not sure whom was this question addressed, so I'll answer all three I can think of:

1. What do I (=Meridian) need to do to upgrade: I need to be able to compile this whole thing correctly (in vs2015 with c++11). In my endless stupidity, I am still not able to do it. However, Yankes has prepared a recent build (2016-02-13), which you can download also from my thread (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8itkFQbhj-YSXZ3YnhsRWdwMzg). I believe he'll gladly help us build it until I figure out how to do it myself.

2. What do you (=Dioxine) need to do to upgrade. Go through list of changes in vanilla I provided somewhere earlier and make sure you're compatible. If you're compatible with that, you should be OK. Yankes didn't introduce any breaking changes between 2.5 and 2.9... and I didn't introduce any changes at all between 2.5 and 2.9.

3. What do they (=Aldi or anyone else compiling on their own) need to do to upgrade... they need to wait for you releasing new version of X-PirateZ and then compile my 2.9 OXCE+ branch (https://github.com/MeridianOXC/OpenXcom/tree/oxce2.9-plus-proto) and use that (instead of 2.5 branch).

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #721 on: February 18, 2016, 06:22:57 pm »
2. What do you (=Dioxine) need to do to upgrade. Go through list of changes in vanilla I provided somewhere earlier and make sure you're compatible.

Thanks but I can't find it.. perused through this thread, as well as Meridian's Resources thread, no luck. So far seems to be working, though.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: February 18, 2016, 06:58:23 pm »
Thanks but I can't find it.. perused through this thread, as well as Meridian's Resources thread, no luck. So far seems to be working, though.

Here: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.msg58480.html#msg58480

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #723 on: February 18, 2016, 08:16:09 pm »
Thank you very much.

Offline Aldi

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: February 19, 2016, 01:13:48 am »
I checked out oxce2.5b-plus-prototypes branch and everything seems to works now.

Thanks for help Meridian and Yankes. You are best and fastest tech support I ever met :)

Meridian it would be helpful if could add some note about those branches and maybe this forum link to readme on your repo.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: February 21, 2016, 04:11:40 pm »
I confess that I f*** up stun damage calculation in stun rod. Instead of 100% effective you have random value from 0% to 100%.
This will be fixed in next version (3.0) by introducing new property in damage `ToStunRandom: true` that will be altering how value is calculated.
All damage types except of stun will have true as default.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: February 27, 2016, 02:22:38 pm »
Primed grenade indicator in 2.9 is broken.
Fix here: https://github.com/MeridianOXC/OpenXcom/commit/fcfc7158e12f116a4e2718dd1351da5120291f1f

EDIT:
@Yankes: are you compiling windows executable using Visual Studio 2015 or something else? If using vs2015, could you send/link/share me your entire project including everything? I am totally not capable of doing this right...
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 06:01:08 pm by Meridian »

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: February 28, 2016, 01:36:37 am »
I using linux build chain: mxe. This is gcc  packed and configured to output stand alone exe.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: February 28, 2016, 04:43:36 pm »
I using linux build chain: mxe. This is gcc  packed and configured to output stand alone exe.
OK, I think I finally made it. Haleluja.

In other news, I think I may have found another issue in 2.9 while merging some of my stuff: https://github.com/Yankes/OpenXcom/blob/master/src/Battlescape/Map.cpp#L866

The offsets there should probably not include screenPosition anymore, since you have included it in the offset itself several lines above.
I can't test it now, but it looks like something you could easily overlook.
Maybe review the whole section.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: February 28, 2016, 05:43:42 pm »
Thanks, I will look on this.

Offline Countdown

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: February 29, 2016, 01:07:14 pm »
I've just started trying out OXCE recently and have really been enjoying all the extras. Saw the silacoid with the burning fire animation for the first time; very cool stuff.

I also think the feature being able to shoot unconscious units and kill them is a big plus. Is there a way to add a death sound for this in the rulesets? If you are shooting at an unconscious alien, you might be unsure if you hit/killed it since there is no sound. You have to step on it and look at the inventory. Not a major thing, but just curious if it was a feature in the rulesets to change the properties of a corpse.

Speaking of corpses, I saw this thread from a long time ago and it seemed like individualized corpses (for race/gender) were on their way to being added: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,523.75.html

What ever happened with that? Is that moddable too with the current rulesets?

Thank you!

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #731 on: February 29, 2016, 01:30:45 pm »
Is there a way to add a death sound for this in the rulesets? If you are shooting at an unconscious alien, you might be unsure if you hit/killed it since there is no sound. You have to step on it and look at the inventory.

It is possible, but AFAIK it was a conscious decision, because unconscious people don't scream.

Offline Countdown

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: February 29, 2016, 02:15:52 pm »
It is possible, but AFAIK it was a conscious decision, because unconscious people don't scream.
This is true, but in real life you'd be able to tell if you put a bullet in their head haha.

I tried adding a death sound to the corpse in item.rul and that didn't do it. I also tried to use "explosionHitSound" and no luck either (not that I expected that one to do it). Would there be another way?
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 02:22:08 pm by Countdown3 »

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: February 29, 2016, 11:34:13 pm »
I've just started trying out OXCE recently and have really been enjoying all the extras. Saw the silacoid with the burning fire animation for the first time; very cool stuff.

I also think the feature being able to shoot unconscious units and kill them is a big plus. Is there a way to add a death sound for this in the rulesets? If you are shooting at an unconscious alien, you might be unsure if you hit/killed it since there is no sound. You have to step on it and look at the inventory. Not a major thing, but just curious if it was a feature in the rulesets to change the properties of a corpse.

Speaking of corpses, I saw this thread from a long time ago and it seemed like individualized corpses (for race/gender) were on their way to being added: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,523.75.html

What ever happened with that? Is that moddable too with the current rulesets?

Thank you!
This isn't separate sprites but recoloring. And it should work right now. And in future you will have full control over that sprite to show in item (as corpse is only one use case).

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #734 on: February 29, 2016, 11:41:20 pm »
Any chance for adding function for gibs animation/floorob? Current overkill anim is kewl but some variety would be even better :)