aliens

Author Topic: [OLD] Old OXCE discussion thread  (Read 673247 times)

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [EXE] OpenXcom Extended
« Reply #225 on: March 12, 2015, 09:11:57 am »
You need to stop tempting me Yankes.  :) So if a facility that grants research or manufacturing items is removed, does the project still stay in the list?
Its removed, only exception is if you now working on that, then you can't remove facility.

Mono

« Reply #226 on: March 12, 2015, 04:56:58 pm »
This will complicate code a lot, it's because I need add handing of suicide after every place where is spend resource.
If you really want it, I will add this (when I will have some free time) but all burden of providing messages (even in English) will be on you and other people that want use it.

If you feel this change will make OXE less than perfect, then don't do it!
If you do, I will use, I you don't, no problem.
I was only suggesting ideas, I don't want to force your hand.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 08:57:28 pm by Mono »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #227 on: March 18, 2015, 06:51:30 pm »
Hmm... if this hasn't been implemented yet, I have an idea that could add to the complexity of weapons:

- "Dropoff" of explosion. Afaik, currently the explosive power drops by 10 per every tile travelled. It'd be great to be able to edit this value via ammo/grenade entry, so you could have large explosions without a "sharp kill zone edge" (as simply cutting the blast radius works if you want to achieve smaller explosion). An ideal would be an option to make the explosion lose % of initial power with inversed square root, but that might be a bit confusing and maybe needless :)

Btw, do airborne Incendiary explosions work in OXCom Extended? In the normal build, hitting an airborne target with Incendiary simply does nothing. Is there as simple solution to this problem? An ideal would be the fire to "drop down", so perhaps Incendiaries should set the target on fire + cause an incendiary explosion on the ground, with the power reduced by the altitude difference...

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 18, 2015, 07:07:00 pm »
Would it be possible to make a med-kit item that targets the user?

Sure hope that after completing TFTD development team would consider integrating all those goodies into a main branch. Keep up the good work.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 08:48:30 pm by Ridаn »

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 18, 2015, 11:26:45 pm »
Hmm... if this hasn't been implemented yet, I have an idea that could add to the complexity of weapons:

- "Dropoff" of explosion. Afaik, currently the explosive power drops by 10 per every tile travelled. It'd be great to be able to edit this value via ammo/grenade entry, so you could have large explosions without a "sharp kill zone edge" (as simply cutting the blast radius works if you want to achieve smaller explosion).
I had plans to do it but I didn't do it because I get distracted by something else.

An ideal would be an option to make the explosion lose % of initial power with inversed square root, but that might be a bit confusing and maybe needless :)
My todo list is to long for now, I will stick to current logic with maybe custom "dropoff".

Btw, do airborne Incendiary explosions work in OXCom Extended? In the normal build, hitting an airborne target with Incendiary simply does nothing. Is there as simple solution to this problem? An ideal would be the fire to "drop down", so perhaps Incendiaries should set the target on fire + cause an incendiary explosion on the ground, with the power reduced by the altitude difference...
do you mean lack of fire? It can't spawn on empty tiles, but it still should do damage to targets (flat 5-10).

Would it be possible to make a med-kit item that targets the user?

Sure hope that after completing TFTD development team would consider integrating all those goodies into a main branch. Keep up the good work.
In theory can be done.

Integrating is pain in a**. Right now I facing lot of work to update with master branch, it's because Warboy move some code that I heavy altered in my branch.
I will need to redone most of my code or throw away Warboy changes.

x60mmx

« Reply #230 on: March 27, 2015, 08:40:07 am »
Yankes, I downloaded Extended while toying with a re-balance mod since Open Xcom doesn't support many damage types having a blast, but I can not get it to work.  Here is an example of how I tried it.

- STR_HEAVY_PLASMA_CLIP
    size: 0.3
    costSell: 9590
    weight: 3
    bigSprite: 25
    floorSprite: 33
    hitSound: 19
    hitAnimation: 46
    power: 115
    damageType: 5
    clipSize: 12
    battleType: 2
    recoveryPoints: 1
    FixRadius: 1
    RadiusEffectiveness: 1.0

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 27, 2015, 06:54:27 pm »
Yankes, I downloaded Extended while toying with a re-balance mod since Open Xcom doesn't support many damage types having a blast, but I can not get it to work.  Here is an example of how I tried it.

- STR_HEAVY_PLASMA_CLIP
    hitAnimation: 46
You forget `damageAlter:`
Proper item should look like:
Code: [Select]
  - STR_HEAVY_PLASMA_CLIP
    hitAnimation: 0 #LOOKOUT! when weapon have explosion, this require value from big explosion sprites.
    damageAlter:

[PS]

I updated my branch to recent nightly.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 11:12:05 pm by Yankes »

x60mmx

« Reply #232 on: March 28, 2015, 07:58:00 am »
Thanks for the help Yankes, and I am very grateful for Extended.  It will make so much possible!  :)

Is there any way to define at what range powerRangeReduction begins?  If not, any plans to?  Would be very helpful!

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 28, 2015, 10:53:48 am »
Its always start form square 1, is possible to change it but right now I have lot of different things/requests to do and this would wait long time until I would do it.
My current plans is finish that I have now and after that I you still interested in that feature I could add this.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 28, 2015, 03:44:49 pm »
Small update for linux fans.
I made experimental version for ubuntu. I hope it will work on other machines, at least its work on my VM :D

x60mmx

« Reply #235 on: March 28, 2015, 07:49:05 pm »
Its always start form square 1, is possible to change it but right now I have lot of different things/requests to do and this would wait long time until I would do it.
My current plans is finish that I have now and after that I you still interested in that feature I could add this.

Totally understandable, I can wait.  Being able to set the range at which power will begin dropping off will be crucial for what I want to do.  Thanks for all your hard work :)

By the way, would you ever release a version of Extended without the changes to gameplay it implements?  I love the extended capabilities for modding, but don't agree with some of the changes.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 06:14:25 am by x60mmx »

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 04, 2015, 10:33:59 am »
You mean overkill damage? Or something else?
I can easy remove it (if you mean overkill), I only leave this because I very like that some damage types for default are more "explosive" than others.

x60mmx

« Reply #237 on: April 04, 2015, 10:06:51 pm »
Yeah, and really anything that changes gameplay like TU cost of reloading and what-not.  It's not that I'm against many of the changes (which are cool), it's that Extended offers modders a lot of possibilities to tweak the game to their ideals.  That's what's really awesome about it and drew me to it.  Hardcoding your own mods into it will turn a lot of people off to modding with it.

I think gamechanges like these should have a true/false flag so people can use what they wish and still be able to take advantage of Extended's possibilities.  With more mods made using Extended's capabilities, hopefully we could see those capabilities folded into OXC.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #238 on: April 04, 2015, 10:36:52 pm »
Yankes, I wanted to help you out, and since I can't code, I've fixed the readme file: removed spelling mistakes, fixed the grammar and made the text a bit clearer. The file is attached.

Issues:

flatHunderd: 0.0 #const bonus equal 100.
Is this correct? Shouldn't it be flatHundred instead of flatHunderd?

This part:
      ResistType: 1            #what resist on unit use, and if is fire or smoke it spawn that, same values like `damageType`.

Sorry, I have no idea what it means and how to fix it. Can you give the Polish equivalent?

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 04, 2015, 10:45:13 pm »
Yeah, and really anything that changes gameplay like TU cost of reloading and what-not.  It's not that I'm against many of the changes (which are cool), it's that Extended offers modders a lot of possibilities to tweak the game to their ideals.  That's what's really awesome about it and drew me to it.  Hardcoding your own mods into it will turn a lot of people off to modding with it.

I think gamechanges like these should have a true/false flag so people can use what they wish and still be able to take advantage of Extended's possibilities.  With more mods made using Extended's capabilities, hopefully we could see those capabilities folded into OXC.
Question for other people who use my mod, do you don't have nothing against for reverting default behavior of overkill to default like in OXC  (overkill is when using hi damaging explosives & plasma damage, enemy "explode" without corpse left behind)? You can restore it after that by turning switch `IgnoreOverKill: false` in your weapon.

Yankes, I wanted to help you out, and since I can't code, I've fixed the readme file: removed spelling mistakes, fixed the grammar and made the text a bit clearer. The file is attached.

Issues:

flatHunderd: 0.0 #const bonus equal 100.
Is this correct? Shouldn't it be flatHundred instead of flatHunderd?

This part:
      ResistType: 1            #what resist on unit use, and if is fire or smoke it spawn that, same values like `damageType`.

Sorry, I have no idea what it means and how to fix it. Can you give the Polish equivalent?

1 yes
2 this is what damage resistance in armor is used when you do damage form that weapon.
Polish: Angielski to trudna jezyka :D Ogolnie to ten stat sluzy do wybierania ktory rezist z armoru uzywamy podczas obliczania redukcji obrazen.
`damageType` ustawia to oraz tez inne staty ataku, moza powiedziec ze sluzy do ladowania wartosci domyslnych, ten stat zmienia to jedno tylko.

[ps]
btw thanks for fixes, I will apply them in next update.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 10:49:02 pm by Yankes »