aliens

Author Topic: [BETA][WIP][BUNCHOFSTUFF] Xeno Operations v0.98  (Read 234668 times)

Offline Duke_Falcon

• Colonel
  • *Visit my DA site - click on the small globe!*
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
Re: [BETA][WIP][BUNCHOFSTUFF] Xeno Operations Mod
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2014, 09:59:31 pm »
I miss the extra aliens of FMP but hell! This mod is awesomely good! Billions of weapons right at the start! And stronger aliens? Armoured sectoids are not as laughable as I thought when first met with them :o
Very good mod. I hardly wait to Cydonia! BTW love the new interceptors, although only use the second x-com designed one. Yes, there is a more developed one but it do not give so much to worth to use them I think. Maybe if plasma-weaponry and plasma beam could be get later...

I love this mod! Good job!

Offline pkrcel

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2014, 11:12:57 pm »
Question, there's a tn of stuff but then again we hve 2 pistols and 2 assault rifles...why so? Usually the Vanilla gunpowder firearms get deleted....

BTW: is it just me or ANY and ALL the mods that add material instantaneously make it IMPOSSIBLE to store things for a mere 10 soldier?  ;D

Offline XOps

• Colonel
  • Guy who drowns first
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2014, 11:37:20 pm »
looking at the armor code you need coustom man numbers to made compatible with other armor mods
something like

Thanks. I'll take a look at it. To be honest I didn't even know you could do that. I imitated other's codes pretty closely as I didn't really know how the game picks inventory images for Xcom troops other than f0 through f3 for women and m0 through m3 for men.

I miss the extra aliens of FMP but hell! This mod is awesomely good! Billions of weapons right at the start! And stronger aliens? Armoured sectoids are not as laughable as I thought when first met with them :o
Very good mod. I hardly wait to Cydonia! BTW love the new interceptors, although only use the second x-com designed one. Yes, there is a more developed one but it do not give so much to worth to use them I think. Maybe if plasma-weaponry and plasma beam could be get later...

I love this mod! Good job!

I had actually worried the armored sectoids would be pushovers. I lowered their armor quite a bit from my first playthrough and I worried I went too much the other way. Next release should see their special Terror unit added to the mix as well. As for the interceptors, well that is the big bugbear of the release. Both air combat and the tech tree need major overhauls before all three will be useful for the same game. I am saving that battle for the marathon version.

Question, there's a tn of stuff but then again we hve 2 pistols and 2 assault rifles...why so? Usually the Vanilla gunpowder firearms get deleted....

BTW: is it just me or ANY and ALL the mods that add material instantaneously make it IMPOSSIBLE to store things for a mere 10 soldier?  ;D

I left the original pistol and rifle items in the game. The pistol is functionally identical to the new one. The Assault Rifle is a little different from the old rifle, but they are pretty close in performance. However I decided to leave both in the game in case anyone still wanted to use the classic versions. Balance issues prevent me from doing the same for plasma and lasers.

Offline pkrcel

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2014, 12:16:22 am »
Man, I SO miss a one-hand automatic weapon to go with my rocket launcher (UZI anyone?  ;D )

Addition....since also the simple pistol weights 8 (!) EDIT: loaded of course!

« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 12:19:53 am by pkrcel »

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2014, 12:37:47 am »
This came out of nowhere!! Thanks for sharing this, XOps!!
Loving the new sprites, loving the detailed changes you've made. I hope you add tons of new maps to fight in, that's something everyone skips over, 'cept for a few who have the time to create them from scratch, but I'd really love to see fresh maps for Xeno Ops.

Offline XOps

• Colonel
  • Guy who drowns first
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2014, 01:25:47 am »
This came out of nowhere!! Thanks for sharing this, XOps!!
Loving the new sprites, loving the detailed changes you've made. I hope you add tons of new maps to fight in, that's something everyone skips over, 'cept for a few who have the time to create them from scratch, but I'd really love to see fresh maps for Xeno Ops.

Thanks! New maps is a long term goal. To be honest, I am waiting for a little more Mod support in the custom missions area. I have a couple of missions planned and I also plan to try my hand at map making and even some MCD editing as well. First though I am waiting for the ability implement truly custom missions and a little more modablity for the geoscape. I definitely want to redo the final Cydonia base to make it a little more challenging/interesting to fight in. Until then it's just the Terrain Pack mod and vanilla.

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2014, 11:23:19 am »
Really amazing work.

Offline kkmic

• Commander
  • Undefined
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2014, 05:15:45 pm »
Wow!

I know it's not a constructive comment... but... wow!

Offline pkrcel

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2014, 06:19:39 pm »
The first mission was outstanding, I really like the alien weapons gfx and I should commend you also on the bullets gfx and sounds, very much to my taste.

For the records, it has been fought on farm terrain in northern emisphere using Hobbes terrain/mission pack (no alien remix)

I was a bit disoriented by the mixup between mod arms and vanillas....also I need to look into starting gear..

Offline Recruit69

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2014, 10:28:59 pm »
Impressive! No words can match anything that your mod deserves.

Offline pkrcel

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2014, 11:47:55 pm »
I might say that the firearms look tightly identical in many respects...particularly the assualt rifle and the submachine gun......speaking of which, I really miss a 2x1 one-handed UZI-like weapon....I think that you could tweak the SMG into that, right now overlapping with the Assault Rifle might be a little too much. Enphasis on "might be".

Offline XOps

• Colonel
  • Guy who drowns first
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2014, 01:27:03 am »
The first mission was outstanding, I really like the alien weapons gfx and I should commend you also on the bullets gfx and sounds, very much to my taste.

For the records, it has been fought on farm terrain in northern emisphere using Hobbes terrain/mission pack (no alien remix)

I was a bit disoriented by the mixup between mod arms and vanillas....also I need to look into starting gear..

I think I may have a workaround for that. I still want to leave the classic rifle and pistol in the store for the Lite version though I want to keep them out of the starting gear. I couldn't take them out of starting gear because of rules conflicts involving the starting craft data. Shuffling around the STR id of the Interceptor should do the trick. I will try to fix that next version. Also watch out for the mission pack. The Terrain Pack works, but the Mission Pack may crash because of the item levels for the raid mission.

I might say that the firearms look tightly identical in many respects...particularly the assualt rifle and the submachine gun......speaking of which, I really miss a 2x1 one-handed UZI-like weapon....I think that you could tweak the SMG into that, right now overlapping with the Assault Rifle might be a little too much. Enphasis on "might be".

Well someone isn't playing with UFO Extender accuracy on ;). If you play with UFO Extender accuracy then the differences become a lot more pronounced. Also consider that if a soldier doesn't move at all, then they can do four auto bursts (25%tu use) a turn with an SMG. That's basically 12 shots. The Assault rifle can only two two full auto bursts and one snap shot a turn. Also the aim shot sucks for the SMG. Still I feel your pain of not having a nice 2x1 backup weapon. I have few weapons in the works that may fill that role. Just to note, the 8 weight of the pistol is completely vanilla. I never understood why it was so heavy either.

Offline pkrcel

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2014, 01:29:37 am »
I do play with UFO extender accuracy of course.....I mean that they LOOK identical ;D....and its a bit confusing.

I can confirn I had the mission pack disabled BTW.

EDIT: by the way.....was the X35 meant to be outrunned by small scouts like...3 times in a row? Oh my....seems these evening my Xeno-fu is low... :P

« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 02:16:04 am by pkrcel »

Offline XOps

• Colonel
  • Guy who drowns first
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2014, 06:13:41 am »
I do play with UFO extender accuracy of course.....I mean that they LOOK identical ;D....and its a bit confusing.

I can confirn I had the mission pack disabled BTW.

EDIT: by the way.....was the X35 meant to be outrunned by small scouts like...3 times in a row? Oh my....seems these evening my Xeno-fu is low... :P

Ah. Yeah I can see that. Come to think of if the SMG is a bit longish for an SMG probably being closer to a carbine. As for the X35, the stats are copy pasted from the interceptor. Should be identical actually.

Offline ThatDude

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2014, 06:50:29 am »
Just played a bit and noticed that the begin game research, "Global Satellite Detection Network," does absolutely nothing and doesn't give access to any other research. It also has no ufopaedia page. Is this intentional?