aliens

Author Topic: [BETA][WIP][BUNCHOFSTUFF] Xeno Operations v0.98  (Read 234671 times)

Offline pkrcel

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [BETA][WIP][BUNCHOFSTUFF] Xeno Operations Mod
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2014, 02:06:00 am »
I've researched the Xeno Ops armor but I am unable to manufacture it, it does not appear in the manufacturing list.

Previous version I'm sure I've built a bunch of em without anything else...is this expected? (u.e. I have to research alloys or stuff?)

EDIT: well, I looked into XenoOpsArmor.rul....Seems there is no Manufacturing section in the YAML...because it's called XOPufacture.... :o  ...renaming it to "manufacture" fixes the issue  ;D

« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 02:12:21 am by pkrcel »

Offline XOps

• Colonel
  • Guy who drowns first
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2014, 02:27:25 am »
I've researched the Xeno Ops armor but I am unable to manufacture it, it does not appear in the manufacturing list.

Previous version I'm sure I've built a bunch of em without anything else...is this expected? (u.e. I have to research alloys or stuff?)

EDIT: well, I looked into XenoOpsArmor.rul....Seems there is no Manufacturing section in the YAML...because it's called XOPufacture.... :o  ...renaming it to "manufacture" fixes the issue  ;D

Sometimes search and replace is not your friend :(. I'll go ahead and update this one in a moment.
Edit: Fixed. New version attached to first post. Thanks pkrcel.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 03:03:18 am by XOps »

Offline Infini

• Colonel
  • Alien French Translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2014, 01:55:11 pm »
One day, I'll translate your Mod in french if it's not done yet.  I'm busy elsewhere  for now (Equal Terms mod).

I just want to say a BIG "thank you" for your hard work.

:)

Offline XOps

• Colonel
  • Guy who drowns first
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2014, 01:48:20 am »
One day, I'll translate your Mod in french if it's not done yet.  I'm busy elsewhere  for now (Equal Terms mod).

I just want to say a BIG "thank you" for your hard work.

:)

Thanks. I can certainly understand being crunched for time trying to translate everything else. The mod isn't done yet, but I am actually pretty close to a 1.0 version before I move onto the marathon version. You are more than welcome to provide a translation whenever you like.

In other news I am slowly getting the hang of mapping. Even did a little bit of MCD editing.

Offline VSx86

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Mod compatibility found
« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2014, 12:57:15 pm »
Researched alien items (gadgets) still "Alien Artifacts" and unusable by XCom during tactical missions.
Nevertheless, in-game Ufopedia articles exist and viewable.

Mod version: 0.62 Beta

--- posts merge ---

Mod compatibility found

Hello everyone!

I'm tested "Xeno Operations Mod v0.62 Beta" today and found that it compatible with following mods:

"Luke's Extra UFOs", version 14-15 April 2014 (ruleset date) :

(Terror ship)

"Expanded UBase", version 0.31c :

(FULL_Expanded_UBase ruleset enabled)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 09:21:13 am by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Duke_Falcon

• Colonel
  • *Visit my DA site - click on the small globe!*
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2014, 07:26:19 pm »
Today started your mod to play again. This is something what only FMP could tell so far (I mean played more than once). Good job!
I make some experiments with graphics:

XCF2

XCF3

They are not official until you agreed to use them. Feel free to use them.
Everyone feel free to use all the graphics I post ever here these forums!
Playing your mods is everything I could ever wish in exchange!

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2014, 09:53:37 am »
Dude, where's my texture. O_o

Offline XOps

• Colonel
  • Guy who drowns first
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2014, 12:21:31 am »
Researched alien items (gadgets) still "Alien Artifacts" and unusable by XCom during tactical missions.
Nevertheless, in-game Ufopedia articles exist and viewable.

Mod version: 0.62 Beta

Not a bug unfortunately. Most of the extra alien gear serves no in game purpose at the moment. They stay alien artifacts in mission because they are disabled. The reason for this is stop them from showing up on the craft equip screen which is clogged enough with all of the excessive amount of new weapons as is (if someone knows a better way to do this then let me know). Good news is though that I do have plans to make the Alien gear more useful in the future. Mostly in that it can be broken down into useful components to make plasma weapons.

Also thanks for the mod capability tests. I really need to make a list of those one day.

Today started your mod to play again. This is something what only FMP could tell so far (I mean played more than once). Good job!
I make some experiments with graphics:

Spiffy. May use these as a good starting point when I rework those images. The ones now where always intended to be place holders until I could texture the 3D models a little better.

Edit: Fixed reply subject. Said it was ?? for some reason.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 12:37:18 am by XOps »

Offline XCOMFan419

• Colonel
  • Wait I'm still here I swear
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2014, 07:43:38 am »
Looks cool. Going to use it for my next play through, which is likely tomorrow.

Offline MFive

• Captain
  • Lazy Sectoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2014, 04:12:04 am »
the game will not start, "cannot open hybrid.gif at Open Xcom\data\Resources\XenoOperations\Aliens"
exited to see what they are

amazing mod!

Offline cjones

• Captain
  • Happy bug hunting!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2014, 03:59:55 pm »
Heya,

Everything looks cool, started a superhuman ironman campaign to take it for a spin.  Downed a very small ufo with no prob.

Only prob I have now is on my first terror mission.  I don't deploy a single soldier on round 1, I just pop a smoke just in front of my first soldier on left.  Then I pass to alien turn.  About 5 secs into alien turn, game crashes to desktop, no error given.

Only mods I have besides XENO OPS are the ones solar pointed out that work with this mod, which are luke's extra ufos and ubase expanded.

I was using HQ sounds, but turned it off thinking that could be it.

I am using all recommended settings, except I think I may have changed explosion to 1 and I think alien pick up weaps=yes.

I have the latest nightly build (9/29), I was using an earlier nightly build, i think 9/24, upgraded and still got crash.

I have attached save if anyone cares to see the crash and tell me what I am doing wrong, lol, but of course it is an iron man save, so you would have to abort to goto GEO.
I am really looking forward to playing this megamod, having just finished PirateZ and previously FMP, I am a fiend for megamods, if anyone knows of any other please let me know, thanks!

Offline VSx86

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2014, 07:32:35 pm »
Only mods I have besides XENO OPS are the ones solar pointed out that work with this mod, which are luke's extra ufos and ubase expanded.

You may try my own config (attached below) for OXC with XenoOps + all of these mods.

First: make a backup copy of your current options.cfg file
Second: download my config and rename it to options.cfg

(Note: i'm not using any screen filters and playing in 800x600 windowed mode,
also check gameplay settings at Options->Advanced tab and adjust it if you want.)

Offline XOps

• Colonel
  • Guy who drowns first
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2014, 01:26:38 am »
the game will not start, "cannot open hybrid.gif at Open Xcom\data\Resources\XenoOperations\Aliens"
exited to see what they are

amazing mod!

Thanks for the compliment. I double checked the zip file. Hybrid.gif is there. I think it is an issue of being case sensitive or it didn't install correctly. Go to \data\Resources\XenoOperations\Aliens and make sure Hybrid.gif is there. If it is then go into XenoOpsAliens.rul and change the following code.
Code: [Select]
  - type: inventory_HYBRID
    singleImage: true
    files:
      0: Resources/XenoOperations/Aliens/IventoryScreens/Hybrid.gif
and
Code: [Select]
  - type: HYBRID.PCK
    subX: 32
    subY: 40
    width: 256
    height: 400
    files:
      0: Resources/XenoOperations/Aliens/Hybrid.gif
That should fix it as all of the file names should match now. If Hybrid.gif is missing then redownload the entire zip and reinstall. Regardless I will add that fix next patch but it will still be a bit before that is released.

Heya,

Everything looks cool, started a superhuman ironman campaign to take it for a spin.  Downed a very small ufo with no prob.

Only prob I have now is on my first terror mission.  I don't deploy a single soldier on round 1, I just pop a smoke just in front of my first soldier on left.  Then I pass to alien turn.  About 5 secs into alien turn, game crashes to desktop, no error given.

I was using HQ sounds, but turned it off thinking that could be it.

I am using all recommended settings, except I think I may have changed explosion to 1 and I think alien pick up weaps=yes.

I have the latest nightly build (9/29), I was using an earlier nightly build, i think 9/24, upgraded and still got crash.

I have attached save if anyone cares to see the crash and tell me what I am doing wrong, lol, but of course it is an iron man save, so you would have to abort to goto GEO.
I am really looking forward to playing this megamod, having just finished PirateZ and previously FMP, I am a fiend for megamods, if anyone knows of any other please let me know, thanks!

I know exactly what the problem is and it is that you are using the latest nightly. Something was changed with how melee works so now the aliens are using the melee weapons (where as before they just wandered around aimlessly and threw grenades). The downside is that it crashes the moment they try to attack someone with a melee weapon (built in terror melee weapons don't seem to suffer this problem. Only melee items). In that save, one sectoid rushes a civilian with an Alloy Blade and the moment they close the distance, the game crashes. I am not sure which nightly caused the problem though. At the moment there is not much I can suggest save for rolling back the nightlies until you find one that doesn't crash. I suspect it has to do with either how the AI works or that the rules for melee weapons are now defined differently for the Aliens because all melee weapons work fine in the hands of XCom soldiers.

You may try my own config (attached below) for OXC with XenoOps + all of these mods.

First: make a backup copy of your current options.cfg file
Second: download my config and rename it to options.cfg

(Note: i'm not using any screen filters and playing in 800x600 windowed mode,
also check gameplay settings at Options->Advanced tab and adjust it if you want.)

You could try this too, but I still suspect that the latest nightly is more the issue rather than settings. Still if it works then awesome.

By the way, if someone knows a workaround for the melee issue then feel free to suggest it. Right now I am not really sure what to do other than disabling Melee weapons until I can find a fix or a nightly addresses the issue. In the mean time I don't know when I will update again. I am still working on a few new facilities and I haven't found time to put on the finishing touches (mostly stuck on a few sprites).

Edit: OCD grammar edit
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 01:33:07 am by XOps »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2014, 09:41:54 am »
Alien melee weapons seem to work flawlessly with the 2014_09_25_2042 build I am using.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2014, 11:25:25 am »
I seem to remember something about newer builds requiring something different from rulesets for melee weapons, especially (only?) for aliens. I took a quick look and Piratez defines "clipSize: -1" for every melee weapon, whereas the XOps mod doesn't. Could it be something like that?