aliens

Author Topic: [WIP][TOTAL CONVERSION][OXCE] NuclearWorld : A Post Nuclear Strategy Game  (Read 9881 times)

Offline Khaligufzel

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Yes he is and he's doing FANTASTIC job! :) Thank you! Everyday I'm like... "I'm gonna release it today!" and then... nope, still too much work to do haha :P

Offline Finnik

• Colonel
  • Finnik#0257
    • View Profile
Yes he is and he's doing FANTASTIC job! :) Thank you! Everyday I'm like... "I'm gonna release it today!" and then... nope, still too much work to do haha :P

I know that feel =)

Offline Khaligufzel

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP][TOTAL CONVERSION][OXCE] NuclearWorld : A Post Nuclear Strategy Game
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2023, 01:02:53 am »
Thanks to efrenespartano... the mod is now LIVE!

efrenespartano revived the mod and put in a LOT of work, I'm excited to announce that the first public version of the mod is LIVE!

https://mod.io/g/openxcom/m/nuclearworld-a-post-nuclear-strategy-game

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
  • I know a lot about the law and other lawyerings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2023, 01:41:55 am »
Always happy to help a great mod!

I look forward to seeing it further developed!

Offline The Martian

• Commander
  • "It implores you to listen to its arguments..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2023, 12:29:31 pm »
I haven't had time to try running a NuclearWorld campaign yet but I did dive your .rul files a bit, nice ASCII art dividing each code section in items.rul & manufacture.rul files.  8)

You start without radar. WHAT? HOW I'M GONNA SHOOT UFOs!?

NuclearWorld: A Post Nuclear Strategy Game looks interesting, keep up the good work Khaligufzel.

Offline Tchey

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2023, 10:22:24 pm »
Hello,

After playing Xenonauts 2 demo (too short, i want more !), i remembered how i loved XFiles mod 1 or 2 years ago, and XDivision.

So now, i’m jumping around different mods, and i’ve fixed my attention on X-Chronicles, and NuclearWorld.

It feels very slow at start, is it, or am i missing something ? I’ve two teams of 2, and only 1 science man, and many topics to research. I’ve built a workshop to open the starter crates too, so i have some items, and i’m waiting for a second lab, hoping for more research capacity.

So far i did a few missions against ghouls and wanderers, they felt right. I get i cannot have everything in one shelter, but at the same time, i’m curious to see how it’s NOT frustrating or dead-ending. Say i’m going to the farm or diplomacy road, how can i fight and defend myself ? What about science, is it slow for a long time ? I litteraly wait on the world map to get something done, very few missions to go with, and nothing much happening overall, just passing days and waiting for science.

Anyway, i hope this mod will be well and alive and growing, as the little i see now seems really nice and intrigiung (no UFO is quite a big deal you go with).

Offline xandao78

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Hi.

In first place, congrats for the great mod, loving it, please keep work on it.

I was playing a abandon base mission and when killed the last guy got an error. I got one survivalist live and it crash the game.

see picture of the error attached and the save game, get in and kill the guy and the error occur.

tks again for the great work.

Offline rory4ever

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Hi.

In first place, congrats for the great mod, loving it, please keep work on it.

I was playing a abandon base mission and when killed the last guy got an error. I got one survivalist live and it crash the game.

see picture of the error attached and the save game, get in and kill the guy and the error occur.

tks again for the great work.

I have the same problem. The problem is with the prepper units . Please fix this because this mod has potential :)
Also, is it by design that I can't hire another scientist? Or do I need to research something first for that?
I really like the geoscape btw! :)

Offline pvtSPEDwarrior

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Absolutely love this mod so far, it has quickly come to being one of my favorite Xcom conversions next to Xcom Files. Although I think I ran into an issue. In my most recent playthrough, I chose the order, and at one point I got a Mutant hunt mission with a strange name. Thought the name was just glitched so I did it- And after having the help of some Order NPCs I managed to take every enemy out. As I finished it, it played the cutscene for defeating the Martians from the Base XCOM games, and booted me back to the menu after it was done saying I beat the game- I have no idea if this is meant to be in there or not, as the mission randomly showed up when I was still fairly early into the game with nothing but some base pre-war service rifles and Wastelander armor. Figure just to be safe, I wanted to make a post on this in case it is a bug in some way, or an unfinished mission that isn't supposed to be accessible.

Below I posted a screenshot of the event notification that popped up that lead to the mission.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2023, 11:41:35 pm by pvtSPEDwarrior »

Offline Khaligufzel

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Thank you all for all the support! I was really busy/depressed and couldn't work on the mod.

BUT, starting today I will re-visit the mod and try to make it COMPLETE, focusing first on all the bugs you posted! Thank you!

EDIT: If you have any suggestions, bug reports, or ideas feel free to contact me directly on Discord!
Discord name: Khaligufzel

(Currently not looking for any developers though- I need to remember my general idea/structure behind the mod :P)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2023, 08:10:19 pm by Khaligufzel »

Offline Khaligufzel

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Version 0.3 is now LIVE!

https://mod.io/g/openxcom/m/nuclearworld-a-post-nuclear-strategy-game

#######################
##### CHANGELOG ######
#####################

Date 25th August 2023: v0.3.0

> Text changes
    - Changed Alien Containment name to Jail

> Balance
    - Removed random Power Armor drop from Caravan Crates
    - Some mission now rewards crates, the more difficult the mission the better the crates. Doing for example Wanderers site is not pointless anymore
    - Reduced the amount of items from various crates
    - Less funding. The main income should be from manufacturing/selling
    - Research takes more time, but now it's possible to get more scientists!

> Bug fixes
    - Humvee craft now correctly spawns with 4 soldiers instead of 3
    - Typos

> General
    - Added/changed a few UI sounds
    - Added/changed a few music tracks
    - More auto-generated shelter names
    - New mission type. After researching related topics, a new type of site can spawn. Killing all enemies will reward the player with untrained scientist, that we have to "train"

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
very nice idea! Hey please some screenshots/videos wild be nice to see, so care abiut that?

Offline Khaligufzel

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
very nice idea! Hey please some screenshots/videos wild be nice to see, so care abiut that?

I will make a short video/trailer! :)

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Did a small playtrough as I dig everything post-apo.

There are some QoL, lore, bugs and balance issues I came across (listing them out of memory, sorry for no save files to back them up):

- Pipe pistol seems too good. While Pre-War pistol allows you only one aimed shot and one snap shot on full TUs, pipe pistol lets you shoot few aimed shoots, while worse accuracy-wise, more bullets send flying with decend firing accuracy soldier just straight up beats pre-war pistol. Even pipe rifle is worse than pipe pistol.
- Mutants (atleast those with sprite based on X-COM zombie) have much, much bigger sight radious than your soldiers. To the point where they competently snipe your troops with aforementioned pipe pistols while you don't see them.
- There is a lore conflict where you can side with the Order (by the way they remind me of Fallout 1.5 Mutant Hunters in ideology and stuff, might as well borrow some lore from sources like that) and prove your loyality to them while being friendly with ghouls.
- Ghouls can wear any armor, but there is no way to put them back in their original one.
- Game crashes when you capture a super mutant and a ghoul leader (used a debug mode for that, to speed up testing, probably they are not supposed to be captured anyway).
- Scientist missions seem a bit hard. Especially first couple of them, since beating raider in power armor, or a super mutant with two soldiers is tad difficult and I can't imagine anyone doing that consistently without save scumming.
- Manufacturing crossbow bolts solves all money issues, it is quick to make and sells for a lot (getting few hundred thousands in one month with one worker).
- Pedia should already have few articles about the most basic stuff like shivs, clubs and guns we start with.
- I couldn't research power armor even though I got the wrecked parts from killing Preppers and such.

Might test a bit more later. Anyway, congrats and work already done and I look with excitement on the future of this mod.