Author Topic: [HWP]Tanks, Drones, Sectopods? Oh my! Version 0.6  (Read 41970 times)

Offline XCOMFan419

• Colonel
  • Wait I'm still here I swear
    • View Profile
Re: [HWP]Tanks, Drones, Sectopods? Oh my! Version 0.6
« Reply #75 on: October 20, 2014, 02:38:31 am »
All right so here's the deal. The game closes up whenever I shoot the Tank/Cannon and the bullet hits the ground. Same thing happens for Crypto's Battle Tank. I assume it has something to do with TDS because I am a very amatuer modder. I also assume it has something to do with the nightlies and me being gone for a month+ and not catching up and knowing the new code or something.

Attached will be the experimental Version 0.7 which isn't even 50% done. It's split in two purely because it's massive.

TL;DR: I need help because I can't into explosions

Offline XOps

• Colonel
  • Guy who drowns first
    • View Profile
Re: [HWP, HELP AGAIN]Tanks, Drones, Sectopods? Oh my! Version 0.6
« Reply #76 on: October 20, 2014, 03:57:49 am »
Set hitAnimation to 0 for STR_HWP_CANNON_SHELLS. One of the nightlies has updated the explosion animation to account for land/underwater explosions. When you set a weapon to damageType: 3 (explosives), it loads the hit animation from the X1.pck rather than SMOKE.PCK for most other weapons. However there is no frame 26 defined so it crashes.

Offline XCOMFan419

• Colonel
  • Wait I'm still here I swear
    • View Profile
Re: [HWP, HELP]Tanks, Drones, Sectopods? Oh my! Version 0.6
« Reply #77 on: November 02, 2014, 11:28:33 pm »
Set hitAnimation to 0 for STR_HWP_CANNON_SHELLS. One of the nightlies has updated the explosion animation to account for land/underwater explosions. When you set a weapon to damageType: 3 (explosives), it loads the hit animation from the X1.pck rather than SMOKE.PCK for most other weapons. However there is no frame 26 defined so it crashes.
Thanks! All is good now.

--- posts merge ---

More troubles on the homefront, including lost work since the last little build I made which had the explosions error. Thankfully there is no real progress lost, but still. It's a little saddening that I lost some work. So I have to do that again soon, but for now school takes priority. I will be able to mod on weekends and sometimes on weekdays. Nonetheless, V.07, which includes separate rules for no gauss/no minigun and several fixes is slated for release sometime late next week.

--- posts merge ---

I am nearly done the next update. However, some things have changed from the original gameplan for this update.

There are no test rulesets for manufacturing tanks/alloy tanks.

No new tanks have been added, just rebalanced.

However, some of these changes can be considered OP. But, I think they are within reason. Even I, who uses at least one tank every battle (even with my own mod on) have found that the tank either charges ahead and gets destroyed instantly or stays behind and fires two shots the entire battle. To counter this, I've upped Firing skills on the tanks, taking conventional tanks from a 60 minimum to a 70 minimum and 75 maximum. Hovertanks have now an 80 minimum and a 90 maximum. Cyberdiscs are between the conventional and hover, and Sectopods are more of an end-game tank as they now have the most TU, Firing and armour. They aren't invincible, but they hurt like hell. (120 TU, 95 Firing) and the XCOM Enforcer is just underneath the Sectopods. Drones have largely remained unchanged, equivalent to that of Hovertanks.

These changes are bound to be changed up again based on feedback. Update will be out tomorrow on the modsite around 12am EST.

The next update will feature the test rulesets, and possibly dual-wielding tanks and the HWP 6 update for Sectopods. Midterms are pratically over and everything is cooling down. I have time to mod again.

If there are any concerns, please voice them. I wish to keep this balanced, but keep the tanks an essential part of the battlefield when Tanks, Drones, Sectopods? Oh my! is enabled.

--- posts merge ---

New issue. Following tanks do not follow "Override Line of Fire" advanced option.

Tank/Machine Gun
Tank/Grenade Launcher
Tank/Artillery
Hovertank/Grenade Launcher
Hovertank/Artillery

Went through all of them to check. Attached will be the latest stable build of TDS 0.7 . The last four actually need Override Line of Fire for them to be useful, as they usually require being able to fire in arcs blindly rather than accurately, except for Artillery of course.

--- posts merge ---

Quick update:

School has been heavy. Although I have good marks, I'm currently bombarded in school work.
The modding of the game has been halted altogether, all though I am working on it whenever I can.
This weekend will be a bad weekend since I have to do a whole bunch of things.
I have parts for the Alloy Tank section now, and will start tackling that ruleset.
I finished a playthrough with TDS not too long ago. I have figured out a balancing issue. Instead of STR_SECTOPOD_TERRORIST and STR_CYBERDISC_TERRORIST I had other things, making it that you can build sectopods as soon as you have the corpses of one. So that will be fixed in 0.7
I'll work on it soon. We're due for a mid-december release on the next update.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 11:10:12 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline scarf

• Sergeant
  • hello world
    • View Profile
    • reddit page
Re: [HWP]Tanks, Drones, Sectopods? Oh my! Version 0.6
« Reply #78 on: January 18, 2016, 04:36:31 am »
Hello, I've been using your TDS mod and it was great but somehow when I shoot cannons with conventional tank/cannon, it just crashes the game.
I wonder what is the problem.

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [HWP, HELP AGAIN]Tanks, Drones, Sectopods? Oh my! Version 0.6
« Reply #79 on: January 19, 2016, 03:14:40 pm »

Thanks. I was trying to mod a tank and it kept crashing.