Author Topic: [Crafts][Weapons] XCom Armoury Expanded - v1.03  (Read 112556 times)

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Re: [Crafts][Weapons] XCom Armoury Expanded - v1.01 !!
« Reply #90 on: October 27, 2014, 06:07:46 pm »
hehe thanks :D

I spent some time this morning investigating the tank issue and I am clueless as to what is happening. I wasted a bunch of time trying to get MapView to work in Linux, sort of made it, but it turned out not to matter. It's not a map issue per say.

I have tried even the Skyranger and its ramp doesn't work either. I copied back the files from my original XCom:EU and it still doesn't work. Then I tried to run it in 1.0 and all the crafts work for ground tanks. So it seems like there is an issue between the Skyranger type ramps and the nightly, which is well beyond my ability to fix.  >:(

If you guys have working Skyrangers but failing Skywarden or Skyguardians, let me know. If it is an all for nothing, given that I don't do anything to Skyrangers, I don't think it's anything to do with the mod.

EDIT: Since I was getting nowhere with this issue, I ended up deleting both my 1.0 and nightly installs and starting from scratch. After installing a nightly, lo and behold, the skyranger works fine. Then I was full of hope installing my crafts but no, they don't work. Good news is that they did not break the skyranger, so now I just have to figure out what the hell went wrong...
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 12:00:55 am by Arthanor »

Offline lordkrike

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 28, 2014, 12:05:07 am »
Another bug: after the end of the month, my Obstructor literally just disappeared.

Worked just fine up to that point; I used it to shoot down a harvester using a pair of alloy cannons not a few days before.

Now, to see if I can hack one back in to my save...

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 28, 2014, 12:14:45 am »
Whaat? Those crafts are going to drive me insane..! I have no idea whatsoever what could cause a craft to disappear like that. Do you have a save just before the end of the month? Is it reproducible? If I can't make one disappear, then I am afraid I won't be able to find out what's happening.

On the previous craft issue: Copying and renaming all the skyranger files so they are used by the skywarden and skyguardian doesn't fix the issue with the ramp, something is weird.

Offline lordkrike

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 28, 2014, 01:04:13 am »
Whaat? Those crafts are going to drive me insane..! I have no idea whatsoever what could cause a craft to disappear like that. Do you have a save just before the end of the month? Is it reproducible? If I can't make one disappear, then I am afraid I won't be able to find out what's happening.

Unfortunately not, I was playing Ironman.  I'll see if I can get it to do it again.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 28, 2014, 01:37:01 am »
Oh, playing Ironman with mods is ballsy! Maybe I should have refrained from going to 1.0 until I had a smaller set of mods that were really bug free instead of giving the impression I had something ready.. I wonder how I managed to go through the whole game without noticing some of this stuff..

On a positive note, I think I have identified the issue with the Skywarden and Skyguardian. It is "something to do with the terrain files". Yeah, super precise, isn't it? But the good news is, those files are extraneous any ways, since there are no new tiles for those planes compared to the Skyranger, so it all can be fixed by a change of ruleset (and deleting the Skywarden and Skyguardian .MCD .PCK and .TAB if you want to keep everything clean).

You can download the fixed ruleset here:
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=2675.0;attach=11828
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 01:40:11 am by Arthanor »

Offline TaxxiDriver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 29, 2014, 12:36:06 pm »
Glad that I was also not using HWPs that much ::) I wish the craft and HWP problems won't bother you for long.

Offline XCOMFan419

• Colonel
  • Wait I'm still here I swear
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 29, 2014, 02:18:23 pm »
DE Gauss, and the Gauss tech tree, were not working for me. If you loaded DE Gauss onto the skyranger and entered a battle, the game crashed. (Using nightlies btw) and for some reason the Gauss tech tree wasn't readily available to me. By the time I was lurching into plasma weapons (before everything crashed and I gave up. No clue as to why it crashed) I still couldn't research gauss. Checked the ruleset and it said I needed "Alien Somethingsomething" Which I had in my base stores but couldn't research. Give it the savegame is gone, I likely won't be able to replicate the incident without another playthrough.

But this mod can be good. Just needs some tweaking.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 29, 2014, 04:20:48 pm »
@TaxxiDriver:
As far as I am concerned, the crafts/HWP issue is solved, but just using the same terrain files as the Skyranger. It works for me with the nightly, which is the version that did not work previously. I am not entirely sure what went wrong with the other terrain files, but maps are really not my forte so since it's working now, it's gonna stay like that.

@XCOMFan419:
DE Gauss crashing the game when entering battles seems to indicate an issue with your resources or maybe indexing conflicts? Does that happen when you start a "New Battle" with DE Gauss ammo? With the latest ruleset, I have tried all the different ammo and both the alloy tank and hovertank in "New Battle" without issues. If you can, try loading one at a time to see if it's a specific item that causes the problem.

Regarding Gauss tech availability: If you use the Gauss and DE Gauss mods by themselves, Gauss weapons will be available for research from the beginning, like laser weapons. However, if you use the XAE Research and Manufacture mod, that won't be the case anymore. XAE-R&M adds pre-requisites for both Laser and Gauss Weapons since it seems more reasonable that they would require alien tech, not just a few scientist-days of research (otherwise we would have laser weapons in 2014...).

Specifically, for Gauss weapons, you need:
- Alien Weaponry (Available from the start)
- Alien Alloys
- Alien Energy Cells (Which are obtained from dismantling specific alien items; See the UFO Disassembly and Elerium Recovery research topics)

It is possible to access plasma weapons without ever having had access to Gauss weaponry. However, it also would mean that you did not get access to lasers either, since both depend on Alien Energy Cells but Plasma weapons do not. It is one of those quirks of the XAE-R&M that it turns XCom into scavengers, dismantling Alien tech to try to understand the pieces and then combining them back into new weapons or using this new understanding to research other alien stuff.

I hope to release v1.02 soon. I was waiting for the next planned expansion module but it looks like the new content will be limited to simple tanks (ie the "vanilla" handling of tanks for those who don't want it to be modular) and Elerium Explosives, along with the latest bug fixes.

Once I release that, I will also start a new game to check for myself that the early-mid game experience does work as intended.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 29, 2014, 06:04:25 pm »
Weaponry, Alloys, and Energy Cells?  That's strange, because I'm currently running around with laz0rz but have yet to see any gauss-related research topic.  I thought it was because I still haven't gotten around to researching UFO Power Source and Navigation, but now I'm not so sure.

BTW, the game doesn't tell me I can actually scavenge and recover cyberdisc and sectopod wrecks after researching said wrecks.  What would I get from those manufacturing options?

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 29, 2014, 06:14:49 pm »
Cyberdisc and Sectopod wrecks are some of the best thing to recover. They give all kinds of goodies: Alien Alloys, Alien Energy Cells, multiple Alien Electronics and Elerium from their reactors. If you scavenge them you get no Elerium and fewer Electronics though. I tried to make a list of recovered components but it was too unwieldy for the UFOPaedia format. I'll try again.

I will also make a request for a more informative manufacturing window, where it doesn't only list required items but also the produced ones if the "produced items" field is used. That would be a much better solution.

There is indeed an issue with the Gauss tech tree. A research declaration conflict which, depending on how you load things, may not impact you.. Gosh, it's really time I release v1.02!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 06:24:38 pm by Arthanor »

Offline lordkrike

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 30, 2014, 12:56:52 am »
Arthanor -

I tried to replicate the Obstructor disappearing magic trick, and was unable to do so.

No idea what happened, may have just been a one-off.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 30, 2014, 04:42:44 pm »
Here's something for v1.02: The Skyguardian apparently has an HWP capacity of 16.

Also, "Mind Probe Disasembly" is misspelled :P

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 30, 2014, 05:14:06 pm »
Yeah, the Skyguardian is a high tech craft that allows you to bring as many attack dogs, tanks or scout/enforcer drones (if you use those mod, I don't) as you want ;) It was like that in the rulesets I started from and I never changed it. I guess 3 HWP would be more than enough.

Good catch on the typo!

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [Crafts][Weapons] XCom Armoury Expanded - v1.02
« Reply #103 on: October 31, 2014, 04:38:56 pm »
Version 1.02 is now ready! Providing you with:

- Tanks Simple: An alternate Tanks Expansion module which enables "vanilla" build and field behavior for tanks. It is simpler but does not offer the same opportunity as the XAE Tanks mod.
(NOTE: FOR OBVIOUS REASONS, THE TWO TANKS MODULES ARE NOT COMPATIBLE, CHOOSE ONE OR THE OTHER
- Elerium Explosives: Proxy grenades, High explosives, Rocket, AutoCannon and Heavy Cannon explosive ammo using Elerium for more damage. A ressource intensive way to get more damage on those pesky cyberdiscs.
- The guided missile (Credits: Clownagent) makes it in the XAE Advanced Weapons mod. Increasing your selection of rocket launcher ammo to 5 with the Elerium Rocket.

- Tweaks:
* Alien Alloy Ammunition: Shotgun and Sniper ammo only show up if the XCom Armoury Expanded mod is used (ie if you have shotguns and sniper rifles in the first place)
* Laser Blasters firing cost increased and minimum range added.
* Elerium Laser Blaster Explosive Powerpack now requires Elerium (1)
* Gauss Launcher accuracy increased
* Gauss Launcher Elerium ammo requires more Elerium (3), to bring it in line with the Elerium Explosives
* Elerium Laser Cannon and DE Gauss Cannon manufacturing cost brought in line with other items
* Elerium missiles pre-requisites changed to fit with Elerium Explosives
* Gauss weapons alien alloy requirements moved to XAE Research and Manufacture so they are no longer required if the mod is used alone, like lasers.
* Laser weapons research cost changed (Overall cost remains the same, cannon research is faster, at the cost of the other infantry weapons)
* Elerium Weaponization now requires some help from aliens
* Plasma weapons entry topic research cost increased.
* UFO Disassembly and Elerium Recovery now have extra UFOPaedia entries to list their produced items. The format sucks but it's the best I found.
* Tanks costs have been brought more in line with vanilla costs.

- Bug fixes:
* Fixed Elerium Laser Blaster hit animation
* Gauss weapons listOrder fixed
* Fixed research dependencies for Gauss weapons. They should be accessible, roughly at the same time as lasers.
* Gauss DE listOrder fix and Cannon Ammo fixed for crafts.
* HitSounds restored for DE Gauss Ammo. It should no longer crash upon hitting.
* Improved MediKit floorobs no longer conflict with Sectopod corpses.
* MagArmour and ScoutArmour UFOPaedia entries no longer show up before being researched.
* Elerium recovery from Plasma Rifles and Heavy Plasma clips no properly consumes the clips
* Laser Storm Pistol manufacture with XAE and Manufacture now takes Alien Alloys like all other laser weapons.
* Hovertank/Rocket can now be manufactured properly
* Fixed missing tank assembly/dismantling and UFOPaedia entries
* Grenade Launcher Flechette ammo now has proper hitAnimation.
* Changed the required terrain files for the Skywarden and Skyguardian. Tanks should be able to get off the planes now.

Stay tuned for more:
- XAE Attack Dogs: And expansion on the Attack Dog mod by Dioxine, adding two tiers of armoured dogs, corresponding to Personal Armour and Power Suit protection level.
- XAE Melee: Ever thought of slashing/smashing some aliens to bits? This module will give you all the tools you need to do so: Combat Knife, Alloy Knife, Alloy Sword, Laser Sword, Plasma Sword and Two-settings Elerium Mace.
- XAE Hard Mode: Add an extra challenge to your game! Makes research longer and more complex, weapon requirement changes, hovertanks explode on death if not stunned/exploded (like Cyberdiscs), etc. If you have ideas, let me know!

The XCom Armoury Expanded, v1.02:
Part1
Part2
Part3

The triple download remains, mostly because I want to thoroughly test things before posting to the mod portal.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 04:40:37 pm by Arthanor »

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [Crafts][Weapons] XCom Armoury Expanded - v1.02
« Reply #104 on: October 31, 2014, 06:09:18 pm »
Hi,
Regarding craft issue with HWP, I tested your mod (I downloaded it from header post of this topic)
In order to test this issue, I also replaced PLANE.MAP and PLANE.RMP in a fresh install, respectively with your skyaguardian then skywarden
I did not notice any failure with standard HWP (going out, drive some squares, then going back into craft)

Could you make an accurate description of this issue ?
Could you eventually provide options + installed mods (also all needed stuff to make it work from a fresh install) + savegame where it happens ?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 06:11:05 pm by Aldorn »