Author Topic: Pyramid Rebirth  (Read 47465 times)

Offline davide

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Pyramid Rebirth
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2018, 10:12:06 pm »
Good for all maps!

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2018, 01:12:31 am »
The gradient kinda ruins it, but I have no idea how to fix it easily...
Otherwise great job!

I remember trying to recolour the walls years ago to get rid of the gradient but it was beyond my art skills, i wanted to give them more of a  Black Marble look. Is there any good artist on the boards? I may see if anyone on Opengameart would be willing to do something.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 01:33:16 am by luke83 »

Offline davide

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2018, 01:20:50 am »
I apologize I misunderstood... the tiles that I do not like are those highlighted in yellow
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 04:39:21 pm by davide »

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2018, 01:32:17 am »
Good for all maps!

Im no artist (which you can tell by my 2 Zombie pictures i made), i am happy to export you the tileset if you want to have a go :)

Offline davide

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2018, 01:37:20 am »
Your zombie are beautiful  ;D ;D

please go on with map sets,  maybe someone will give us a hand later

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2018, 01:38:00 am »
I apologize I misunderstood... the tiles that I do not like are those highlighted in orange

Happy to add some more custom tiles to the set to pretty these up, right now i am more focused on the general shapes of things.

Was thinking of taking some of the shapes off the side of the normal Ufo and adding them to the tile set to try to link the two sets together more.

ALso note, i have just pasted this on Opengameart:  https://opengameart.org/forumtopic/openxcom-mod-arthelp-needed
Experience tells me i wont get any bites without PAYING someone so i am not overly confident anything will happen here.

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2018, 12:22:52 pm »
Can someone help me with a working ruleset so i can test these UFOs and keep working on them?

I have duplicated the filestructure of some other mods and am just trying to replace the original ufos from the game with these new ones, i have turned on my mod in OXC but it keeps loading the old UFOs when i start a battle, so i am clearly missing something.

below is a link for anyone that wishes to help me out.

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
  • I know a lot about the law and other lawyerings.
    • View Profile
Pyramid Rebirth
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2018, 03:34:07 pm »
Downloading right now, comrade. I'm happy to help you.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 03:37:38 pm by efrenespartano »

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2018, 10:41:13 pm »
Can someone help me with a working ruleset so i can test these UFOs and keep working on them?

I have duplicated the filestructure of some other mods and am just trying to replace the original ufos from the game with these new ones, i have turned on my mod in OXC but it keeps loading the old UFOs when i start a battle, so i am clearly missing something.

below is a link for anyone that wishes to help me out.

I'm about to finish, comrade. What was missing was to define the alienDeployments, I also took the opportunity to name them. I still do not finish, I'm correcting some glitches.

EDIT: I have problems with my internet, the technician will come to repair it. In case it does not return soon, I upload my folder so you can analyze the progress I have made. If you like you can modify it yourself, it's a matter of adjusting the width, length and height in alienDeployments and some ufos. Or you can wait for me to finish it myself, as you prefer. :)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 12:40:04 am by efrenespartano »

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2018, 08:16:15 am »
I'm about to finish, comrade. What was missing was to define the alienDeployments, I also took the opportunity to name them. I still do not finish, I'm correcting some glitches.

EDIT: I have problems with my internet, the technician will come to repair it. In case it does not return soon, I upload my folder so you can analyze the progress I have made. If you like you can modify it yourself, it's a matter of adjusting the width, length and height in alienDeployments and some ufos. Or you can wait for me to finish it myself, as you prefer. :)

The work you have done so far is enough to keep me working,  i have found some errors already thanks to you.
Error 1: my Double wide doors do not have animations to lift, i will need to work out what is going on here OR copy the City double wide doors and change its graphics to get it working.
Error 2: Holes in back of UFO, looks like i need to place the internal wall segments on the CONTENT layer not the WEST layer to get these to load into the game correctly

Offline davide

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2018, 10:58:57 am »
I reinstalled OXCE from scratch ...

I did not found this tileset :o:
  - type: PBATTLESHIP
    terrains:
      - U_EXT01
      - U_WALL01
      - U_DISEC1
      - U_OPER1
:-\

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2018, 11:21:23 am »
I reinstalled OXCE from scratch ...

I did not found this tileset :o: :-\

Yep, starting to think that Bomb Bloke or i created them around 2014 when i started this project, let me get you another install.

Below is an updated version of the data  efrenespartano provided, see if that works better.

Note: none of my fixes are in it yet, that wont happen until at least next weekend.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 09:29:16 pm by luke83 »

Offline davide

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2018, 11:51:55 am »
Ok ! thanks

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2018, 08:30:53 pm »
Just a quick fix, all the Pyramids are playable now.  :)

@luke83, you have a very nice work here! Just put some grav lifts inside the Pyramids to make them assaultable.

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2018, 09:55:27 pm »
Just a quick fix, all the Pyramids are playable now.  :)

@luke83, you have a very nice work here! Just put some grav lifts inside the Pyramids to make them assaultable.

Thanks mate hopefully will have some empty UFOs for everyone to explore this weekend, have not done anything inside ( on the big ones) as i am still working out my next PCK set to use.