aliens

Author Topic: OpenXcom for Android - new official thread  (Read 308345 times)

Offline Bubuskac

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: OpenXcom for Android - new official thread
« Reply #240 on: March 06, 2018, 07:28:24 pm »
Now it is regenerated, but there it look like:
mods:
 -active: true
 id: xcom1
 -active: false
 id: xcom2
 -active: true
 id: xcom1
 -active: false
 id: xcom2

Sometimes it is generated right, but I always end up on the setup screen.

Should we move this conversation to a separate thread?

Offline Bubuskac

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 06, 2018, 08:54:53 pm »
I did a few clean restart loops and I always end up in the double false state. I'll try to edit the file later.

Offline Bubuskac

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 07, 2018, 10:13:49 pm »
It's pretty weird, the size and content of the file is different according to the phone and my laptop... Even the different file readers on the phone shows different content. Maybe I run out of disk space in that folder?

Offline Bubuskac

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 08, 2018, 05:21:06 pm »
If I understand everything correctly, if I clone this repo https://github.com/MeridianOXC/openxcom-android
Init the submodules and clone here: https://github.com/MeridianOXC/openxcom-android/tree/master/app/src/main/jni
this other repo https://github.com/MeridianOXC/OpenXcom

And build it, I should get OXCE+ for android. I'll try to find out the reason and if possible fix it.

Offline Bubuskac

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 09, 2018, 05:23:58 pm »
Ok, to make things clear: the android version needs the original data files! The files from the Windows are not suitable. I copied the files from the steam version, and it started to work.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 09, 2018, 05:41:20 pm »
Ok, to make things clear: the android version needs the original data files! The files from the Windows are not suitable. I copied the files from the steam version, and it started to work.

To make things clearer... that's not really true.

Both Windows and Android version require the original data files... Windows version also doesn't work with "something else"?!

Can you send me a private message with a download link to this "something else" that works on Windows, but doesn't work on Android for you? I would like to test it on my devices...

Offline Bubuskac

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 10, 2018, 10:52:20 pm »
I try to reword myself. Sometimes it is hard to follow me. :)

So, when I read the wiki page how to install the android port, it writes "Copy your X-Com: Enemy Unknown/Terror From The Deep files to a folder on your device", I thought it means they can be copied from the OpenXCom installation folder (C:\Program Files\OpenXCom\). I copied the UFO and TFTD folders on my phone. But it did not worked, while it works on my laptop with the same files. I did not used "something else".
When I copied the same files from the Steam folders, the android version started to work. That is what I wanted to be highlighted.

I'm just guessing, the problem could be that the android port tries to patch the files? And patching the already patched files caused the trouble?

I'm zipping the files, I will send the links shortly.

Offline Abramakabra

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 09, 2018, 12:22:27 pm »
Hello and first thank You for Your hard work You put on making it playable on mobiles.
I start playing it couples of days ago and everything was working fine till i encounter terror site on open sea (aliens attacking some ship) - after my transport ship with my team arrived game immediately ctd. First I was sure its a one time crash but its happend every time i get this TS. Probably i get the same ctd when i get TS when aliens attacking citties. Exept those two TS everything work correctly. Im playing on Huawei Y6 II android 6.0
Thanks for any help

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 09, 2018, 12:28:29 pm »
Hello and first thank You for Your hard work You put on making it playable on mobiles.
I start playing it couples of days ago and everything was working fine till i encounter terror site on open sea (aliens attacking some ship) - after my transport ship with my team arrived game immediately ctd. First I was sure its a one time crash but its happend every time i get this TS. Probably i get the same ctd when i get TS when aliens attacking citties. Exept those two TS everything work correctly. Im playing on Huawei Y6 II android 6.0
Thanks for any help

Hello and welcome,

can you attach a save file just before the crash?

If not, can you at least say which version of openxcom for android do you have and if you play with any mods or not?

M.

Offline Abramakabra

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 09, 2018, 04:34:14 pm »
Hello and welcome,

can you attach a save file just before the crash?

If not, can you at least say which version of openxcom for android do you have and if you play with any mods or not?

M.

Thanks for quick reply. I don't have save with ctd, but i attached one from my game (just wait for some time till u get TS on the open sea - its always crash there). Openxcom version is Extended+ 3.10a89d1922, and Im not using any mods - pure Xcom: TFTD (Steam version).

Offline Bubuskac

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 28, 2018, 10:07:39 am »
I have some performance issues on my mobile. In battlescape when I move with a soldier after every step the game stops for a second. I looks like it's calculating something, even the animations are stopped. It's much more better when I view the edge of the map. But it's much worth in a big UFO on the 2nd floor. It becomes a patience game there.

Is there any config option that could be changed to get a better result?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 28, 2018, 12:32:21 pm »
1/ which version are you using? did you download it somewhere (if yes where?) or compiled yourself?

2/ are you playing vanilla or with mods? if with mods, which mods?

3/ what resolution do you use, what display filter and what scaling? attach the options.cfg file if you can

Offline Bubuskac

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 28, 2018, 02:57:39 pm »
1/ compiled myself an OXCE+ for android from this: https://github.com/MeridianOXC/openxcom-android and this: https://github.com/MeridianOXC/OpenXcom
It's not up to date I compiled around March 9.

2/ No mods added, just my change, but it is not related to battlescape (different character "generation")

3/ I use native resolution, no scaling, and linear filter (just turned off and tried without it, but nothing changed except the game looks a bit awkward). The native resolution is 1280x720. I was not able to change it, since that's the only option.

Config attached.

Thanks!

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 28, 2018, 03:04:55 pm »
My best guess is that you have compiled it in Debug mode, not Release mode.

Try this one for comparison: 2018-03-21-OpenXcomExPlus310a-89d1922.zip

Offline Bubuskac

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 28, 2018, 11:04:13 pm »
Your guess seems to be correct. I run the android app compile in normal mode, but it seems the OXCE+ project is compiled in debug mode (at least the selectable contexts are all have the debug word in them. How could I change them?

I see a line like:
if (CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE EQUAL "Release")

Shall I make this an always true variant?

Edit: okay, I think I see the problem:
Executing tasks: [:app:generateDebugSources, :app:generateDebugAndroidTestSources, :app:mockableAndroidJar]

How can I change this?

2nd edition: Google is developers best friend, found the answer. It's about an hour to see if it works. :)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 11:53:00 pm by Bubuskac »