Author Topic: OpenXcom for Android - new official thread  (Read 308338 times)

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: OpenXcom for Android - new official thread
« Reply #195 on: June 19, 2016, 01:50:21 pm »
(As far as I know) There is nobody working on this and there is no ETA for the next release.

Offline begri

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 19, 2016, 01:51:50 pm »
Omg now I am very very sad...

Gesendet von meinem SM-T800 mit Tapatalk

Offline sfalexrog

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 01, 2016, 11:21:15 pm »
Huh, looks like I've missed a bunch of stuff! Turns Out (tm) school tends to take up a lot of time from anyone involved.

So, there's a new version, but be warned: it's not really tested! It's more or less a "successful build after a merge" build, with stuff probably broken in unusual and unexpected ways.

Still, it's up-to-date, as of time of writing, with the current upstream (dbd3979).

As usual, grab your copy at the Mod Portal (https://www.openxcom.com/mod/openxcom-android-nightly), and you might try your luck with my dropbox if the portal acts up for some reason: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/732324/OpenXcom-v1.0-ga8e05cf.apk.zip

Offline sleepdealer

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 03, 2016, 09:09:10 am »
Yo!

First of all, thanks to everyone on the openxcom team. This is still one of my favorite games of all time despite being one of the first games I ever played. You guys rule.

One issue that I've been experiencing: I'm using a bluetooth keyboard and mouse (which by the way works *incredibly* well, kudos) but for some reason I can only pan the screen with ctrl held down. A small issue to be sure, wanted to mention it. I've tried different bindings, same deal. Panning keys will only work while ctrl is depressed. All the other binds, kneeling/weapons/selection/etc work perfectly. 'Tis odd.

I also have an issue with my music (i.e. there is none) but since there are some enemy death sounds missing as well I'm going to try re-transfering the sound files from my desktop installation, maybe things got messed up somehow along the way.

Thanks and keep up the great work!

Offline nadir-1648

• Captain
  • Oh yes, this is going to be dreadful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 03, 2016, 12:18:04 am »

I also have an issue with my music (i.e. there is none) but since there are some enemy death sounds missing as well I'm going to try re-transfering the sound files from my desktop installation, maybe things got messed up somehow along the way.

Unless there's been a major change that I haven't noticed (plausible, I haven't been keeping up with the Android version lately), if the music is in MIDI files, the app can fail to recognise them. That could be the issue.

Offline Axebeard

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 05, 2016, 01:01:40 am »
I know this probably isn't being updated any more, but when I install it (seemingly successfully), and try to run the game on my Verizon tablet, all I get is the Preloading screen then it nothing.

Offline nadir-1648

• Captain
  • Oh yes, this is going to be dreadful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 05, 2016, 03:40:07 am »
I know this probably isn't being updated any more, but when I install it (seemingly successfully), and try to run the game on my Verizon tablet, all I get is the Preloading screen then it nothing.
Last updated July 1, 2016. OXCA's still going strong.
So, troubleshooting. There are a lot of cases where someone can't get the game to work, and it turns out the issue is that they have the Windows version of UFO/TFTD, and OXC for Android doesn't recognise the MIDI soundtracks. So, to isolate the problem, please:
1.) Download an alternate soundtrack (such as the PSX soundtrack available on openxcom.com)
2.) Place the music files in the game data, in your sound folder
3.) Try to run the game.
Then report back, peas and tanks  :)

Offline Axebeard

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 06, 2016, 03:13:40 am »
Nadir, I replaced the midis with MP3s and nothing changed. I'm not too dedicated to getting it working on a tablet, by the way, just wanted to test it out if it were easy to install.

Offline ucel

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 08, 2016, 12:27:03 pm »
@sfalexrog: would be nice to have new version for android :)

Offline Diego21ARG

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 13, 2016, 01:14:51 pm »
I wish I had the knowledge to help you keep this going!!
I played XCOM in DOS, in the Windows DOSBOX, I play OpenXcom in my notebook and I'm hoping to be able to play it in Android!!! It'd be awesome to take the game everywhere with me!!

All I can offer is to translate the dialogues (and such) to Spanish if you wanna do a Spanish version (I'm from Argentina and that's my mother tongue  ;))

Offline TuKéZu

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 02, 2017, 08:28:06 pm »
I played my Android save on PC with the latest nightlies (Jan 24 & Jan 27), and when I overwrote it, it wouldn't show up on the port's load screen. I fixed this by changing
mods:
  - "xcom1 ver: 1.0"

to
mods:
  - xcom1

in the .sav and it loaded up just fine. After a few times of doing this however, it started giving me errors like this on the port:
Load failed
yaml-cpp: error at line 10068, column 7: bad conversion

The line seems to change every time I overwrite it again, but it always seems to correspond to an alien supply mission's corresponding base, if I'm reading the .sav right:
- type: STR_ALIEN_SUPPLY
    region: STR_NORTH_AMERICA
    race: STR_ETHEREAL
    nextWave: 0
    nextUfoCounter: 0
    spawnCountdown: 690
    liveUfos: 0
    uniqueID: 43
    alienBase:
      lon: 5.0139868484743877
(this is line 10068, column 7)
      lat: -0.33621936614315889
      type: STR_ALIEN_BASE
      id: 1

Now, I did get the save to load once I crudely erased all the conflicting alien missions from the .sav, but what exactly was going on there?

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 03, 2017, 12:24:45 am »
Latest nightly and Android build are different versions, and they are not compatible as you have noticed.

Either stick to only one platform...
... or use the same nightly on your PC as the Android version is using.

Offline TuKéZu

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 04, 2017, 01:47:37 am »
I actually looked into getting an older nightly, but I can't find downloads anywhere, and I don't know how to compile from github, if that's even possible...

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 04, 2017, 02:21:21 am »
I have backups of old exe of my branch (its different to normal game but still be compatible): https://www.mediafire.com/folder/w07p0ibc985kd/OXCE
Is possible that you could find version close to your android ones. This is only exe, data you can copy from you android or using link
https://github.com/Yankes/OpenXcom/tree/??
where "??" you need replace with correct number from readme in zip with exe.

Offline bukimi

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 22, 2017, 08:00:22 pm »
There's a serious bug on apk version of Open X-Com (Ufo Defense). There are no enemy bases!  :(
At first I thought I don't have luck finding them, but them I had a message "alien base found" with Geoscape centered on a spot, but there was still no alien base. I tried scouting there, but it didn't show up... Then I skipped a month forward to see if another bases appear. I had another "base found" message, but again there is nothing on the map :(
Is there any fix to that?  :-\