Author Topic: OpenXcom for Android - new official thread  (Read 308375 times)

Offline sfalexrog

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: OpenXcom for Android - new official thread
« Reply #120 on: June 29, 2015, 01:21:45 am »
Is it hidden or an Android 5.X improvement?

Shouldn't be. Extended mouse support should work for every device since api14 (Ice Cream Sandwich). Anyway, I was talking about this thing:

You should see it if your system reports its version correctly.

Offline imcx22

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 29, 2015, 02:50:00 am »
On Lollipop (stock 5.0.2 Samsung Rom) now, set the option as you said (I used a localized, non-fully translated setup and it was just gibberish there, so I figured it's some debug settings), mouse2 still works as "back".

I think I know why that click bug happens.

The application seems to "miss" a click release. I can click down with mouse on a setting and nothing happens. I touch there with my fingers and it works. I think click happens, but click release is lost, having the app think the mouse button was never released. Hence the scrolling side effect.

So, besides that, any other ideas for how to get mouse2 working? :) Extended mode does nothing in that direction here.

What input do you use? I know SDL applications should work - ScummVM uses SDL afaik and mouse2 righ-clicks properly in adventure games like The Dig.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 03:27:45 am by imcx22 »

Offline Kordusain

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 29, 2015, 07:56:26 pm »
Hiya.

I tried installing this on my stock samsung galaxy s4 (4.2.2 - not rooted) today, but the installer apparently can't find any game data I placed in \sdcard\OpenXcom\data\. On my OpenXcom install on my PC I'm missing the MISSDAT folder you mentioned in your OP.

So my question is, which files and folders do I need to copy after the structure change of OpenXcom, and do I need to root?

Offline imcx22

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 30, 2015, 11:41:01 am »
Kordusain, I have used non root stock Samsung Rom,  don't install any data, just unpack original ufo like a package downloaded from some abandonware page and then point the installer to install from that folder.

It will copy automatically the required files and in the correct directories (the layout was changed somewhat recently from what I read here).

sfalexfrog, I've also noticed that during minimising the application on android and restoring it, it hangs. can you make it not hang upon minimise? so it's possible to multi-task without losing the non-saved game data?

please let me know how else can I make the mouse2 right button work other than setting "Extended" mode on.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 01:54:21 am by imcx22 »

Offline Kordusain

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 01, 2015, 01:57:16 am »
just unpack original ufo like a package downloaded from some abandonware page and then point the installer to install from that folder.

Well, I deleted everything I moved, copied my whole XCOM installation from steam, and I'm still getting the same thing, no data found in folder.

Is the steam version not compatible or something?

Offline imcx22

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 01, 2015, 02:01:41 am »
dunno, perhaps try a different version. worked for me with a dos install.

did you copy it manually or via the application like I wrote?

Offline Syrion

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 01, 2015, 05:12:10 am »
Which version of OpenXcom are you using? I've found that apparently the latest versions of the android port are incompatible with the 1.0 milestone of OpenXcom because of the changed folder structure in the newer nightlys. I guess the opening post should be updated to reflect that change.

So, it's better to first install an OXC nightly on your pc and then copy the files from that to your smartphone/tablet.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 05:43:00 am by Syrion »

Offline Kordusain

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 03, 2015, 08:22:44 am »
So, it's better to first install an OXC nightly on your pc and then copy the files from that to your smartphone/tablet.

Installed the latest (at this time, 2015_06_30_2347) nightly build, copied my steam files. Started it up on my PC and tested saving, loading, battlescape and geoscape, it worked fine. Copied everything and moved it to sdcard\openxcom\, and now the app crashes on load with this error:

To test something, I moved everything inside sdcard\openxcom\ to a different folder. Upon restarting the app, I got the path specification screen back, with it proudly claiming status: not found. If I select the new folder I copied the files to, path select window says 'incomplete installation', but Install from directory still gives me 'Could not find game data'.

Thanks for trying to help though.

As for the problem itself, I've a feeling it's this thing rearing it's head again.

Offline begri

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 12, 2015, 04:25:07 pm »
The program looks good. That would be nice if the playable mods would be in one place for this build.

Lol

Hey mate! The latest update with tne change log should be in thefirst post!

Great work anyway.
Thanks.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 09:36:08 pm by begri »

Offline begri

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 21, 2015, 10:17:00 am »
What mean extended mouse and how it works. I would like to use the ctrl thing in the game for special movements.

Offline imcx22

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 21, 2015, 12:18:24 pm »
What mean extended mouse and how it works. I would like to use the ctrl thing in the game for special movements.
Look posts above. It's a setting.

If you're on stock android or cyanogenmod, your right mouse button will work like in dos.

On samsung roms, the rmb is borked (for now).

Wysłane z mojego SM-A300FU przy użyciu Tapatalka

Offline begri

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 21, 2015, 12:33:03 pm »
Look posts above. It's a setting.

If you're on stock android or cyanogenmod, your right mouse button will work like in dos.

On samsung roms, the rmb is borked (for now).

I am using not rooted samsung 5.0.2 rom.

Do you know a notepad++ app for Android?

Offline begri

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 24, 2015, 02:07:49 pm »
Will I could play the oxc extended on android?

Offline imcx22

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 24, 2015, 04:45:37 pm »
Will I could play the oxc extended on android?
I recommend trying first before coming here and asking questions.

Offline sfalexrog

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 24, 2015, 07:02:03 pm »
Okay, so I've hoped I'd be here a bit more frequently, but it looks like I'm failing in that so far. Anyway, there's a new version! Go grab it at the modsite (if it ever works right) or from my Dropbox: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/732324/OpenXcom-1.0-geec4278.apk.zip

Nothing much in terms of changes, synced up with upstream 8f64f70, fixed (hopefully) mouse for Samsungs, made some improvements to soldier reordering (thanks, Syrion!). Like always, hope it works for you!