Author Topic: [DONE] [Suggestion] But where are they? (Aliens location)  (Read 11533 times)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [SUGGESTION-CUT][#007] But where are they? (Aliens location)
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2016, 01:07:49 pm »
Question for everyone:

The green indicator currently shows also enemy units, which are mind-controlled, i.e. not dangerous.
Would you prefer that to stay like that, or should mind-controlled (or otherwise temporarily converted) units not be indicated?

I myself probably prefer the way it is now... I tend to kill mind-controlled enemies near the end of turn anyway... and this way I won't forget...

... but I also understand the reasoning for the opposite.

Any ideas/comments/suggestions?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2016, 02:44:20 pm »
I'd don't really care either way, but then again I haven't MCed anyone in a long time. :)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2016, 06:02:22 pm »
Green for MC-ed alien units is as good as it gets IMO, as they're of no danger and you still have a reminder. If anything, I'd change indicator's color for your own soldiers who are controlled by aliens (to flashing orange/yellow or flashing blue or flashing gray?), once spotted, no matter if they're visible or not, but that's just fussing over details.

How does your engine handle >10 aliens? :)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2016, 06:22:18 pm »
Green for MC-ed alien units is as good as it gets IMO, as they're of no danger and you still have a reminder. If anything, I'd change indicator's color for your own soldiers who are controlled by aliens (to flashing orange/yellow or flashing blue or flashing gray?), once spotted, no matter if they're visible or not, but that's just fussing over details.

How does your engine handle >10 aliens? :)

Your soldiers controlled by aliens will be in red indicator part, but not in the green indicator part... exactly the opposite of mind-controlled aliens (which are in green, but not red).

There is maximum of 10 indicators (all red first, then green). After 10, they are just ignored... but as soon as you kill let's say number #6, all are moved down and previous #11 would be visible in slot #10.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2016, 07:20:02 pm »
There is maximum of 10 indicators (all red first, then green). After 10, they are just ignored... but as soon as you kill let's say number #6, all are moved down and previous #11 would be visible in slot #10.

OK, but red marks (aliens visible to the current soldier) should always have priority.

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2016, 11:41:42 pm »
I like the idea of hellrazor for the line of fire indicator. It would be nice to know if you have a line of fire other than the error message when you try to shoot something.
The situation where this is important is when you want to kneel before shooting but don't know if you actually have a line of fire.