Author Topic: New to OpenXCom, would like to provide Roland MT-32 captures  (Read 32672 times)

Offline skyhawk

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: New to OpenXCom, would like to provide Roland MT-32 captures
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2014, 08:20:03 am »
Any chance the devs could implement something like this?

https://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/3825-make-looping-bgm-part-1-ogg-vorbis/

Offline HunterZ

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2014, 08:36:26 am »
I'd love to have this hosted on his site, but I'm drawing a blank on methods of contacting him...
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=937

Offline Jo5hua

• Captain
  • ModSite
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2014, 11:21:55 am »
I'd love to have this hosted on his site, but I'm drawing a blank on methods of contacting him...

Feel free to upload it to the modsite. It's also hosting the UFO Cydonia's Fall soundtrack.

Offline skyhawk

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2014, 02:29:53 pm »
Feel free to upload it to the modsite. It's also hosting the UFO Cydonia's Fall soundtrack.
I got a response from Fenyo, he should have it added sometime next week. I'd like to add it to the modsite as well, but the Flash uploader doesn't seem to be working. I can select the file to upload, but when the Open dialog closes nothing happens.

Offline HunterZ

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2014, 05:11:27 am »
And about that Android version, well, looks like it's some weird problem with resampling. I've tried saving the music as 22050 Hz oggs, and they seemed to work fine for me, although it sounded noticeably worse. Also, setting OpenXcom's sample rate to 48000 made sound effects higher-pitched. So I guess one should use 44100 Hz oggs for maximum compatibility, and 48000 Hz high-quality sound should always be there for completeness' sake.
Any chance that you could post 44kHz OGGs? I could probably resample myself using Audacity or something, but I'm assuming you've got lossless recordings to work with.

Offline skyhawk

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2014, 06:39:32 am »
Any chance that you could post 44kHz OGGs? I could probably resample myself using Audacity or something, but I'm assuming you've got lossless recordings to work with.
Sorry, but due to the issues with chopping up the recordings earlier in the thread, many of the original recordings are no longer suitable for making new cuts from. Given a 44KHz pack's status as "a kludge for Android" I'd just resample the 48KHz OGGs and be done with it. Honestly, even if your device is attached to a fairly high-end sound system I find it unlikely you'd be able to tell the difference.

Can we get word from the devs? Is this issue with Android an explicit bug which should be fixed in the near future, making 44KHz music redundant?

Offline Jo5hua

• Captain
  • ModSite
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2014, 10:35:20 pm »
I got a response from Fenyo, he should have it added sometime next week. I'd like to add it to the modsite as well, but the Flash uploader doesn't seem to be working. I can select the file to upload, but when the Open dialog closes nothing happens.

I've sent you a personal message on here regarding this.

Offline Fenyő

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2014, 11:46:38 pm »
I have uploaded this music set to the collection site! LINK

I have repacked (reZipped) it to conform to the others. (Now it does not contain the SOUND folder, only the content)
Hope you don't mind.

Offline Tony Soprano

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2014, 11:06:22 pm »
The intro music of these Roland captures is approximately 10% too slow. However, they play perfectly fine in VLC. Does anyone else have the same problem?

Offline Tony Soprano

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2014, 11:15:33 pm »
Converting to 44.1 khz solved the problem. Sorry for the last post...

Offline skyhawk

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2014, 02:44:40 am »
Converting to 44.1 khz solved the problem. Sorry for the last post...
That's the second reported issue related to sample-rate. What build and platform are you on? These playback perfectly, as far as I can tell, on OpenXcom 1.0 on Win7Pro-64.

Offline Tony Soprano

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2014, 08:39:29 pm »
OS X 10.9.4 and OpenXcom 1.0. I don't know the exact build. How can I check that?

Offline skyhawk

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2014, 09:17:03 am »
OS X 10.9.4 and OpenXcom 1.0. I don't know the exact build. How can I check that?
I can't help with finding a build number, but I have another question - does it make any difference what the Audio Sample Rate is set to under Audio Options? If you set it to 48KHz does my music pack as distributed work properly?

Offline Tony Soprano

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2014, 02:22:46 pm »
Yes, that works. It was set to 22Khz before.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2015, 06:33:00 am »
Ok.  So I'm not an audiophile and I often play with no background music whatsoever.  However, Ivan Ivanoff recommended this sound pack to me for my PirateZ LP, as something at least better than the original midi files I was using from the steam version. 

I went ahead and checked it out.  I have to say, I'm very impressed!  There is a rich texture of undertones that comes through in this version that isn't there in other versions.  I like it alot.

Copied the files into /data/sound.  Set music format to .ogg and sample rate to 48k.  Very nice. :)