Author Topic: Chain Reaction for explosion  (Read 5265 times)

Offline CoolKid

• Captain
    • View Profile
Chain Reaction for explosion
« on: June 12, 2014, 01:30:21 am »
If explosion hit grenade on the ground the grenade will explode due extreme heat and shock. So it's possible to create a lot of chain explosion for demolition purpose and pretty fireworks 8). Can this be easily implemented?

Offline Qpoter

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Chain Reaction for explosion
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 03:27:16 am »
Good idea, although it shouldn't happen in all cases (a Blaster Launcher explosion would just turn the grenade into ashes instead of exploding it).

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 04:39:32 am »
simple, really
adjust the armor value of grenades to something slightly higher than their power.
they won't be destroyed by each other, but will still be destroyed by blaster bombs.

but i'm guessing you mean you want grenades to explode WHEN they're destroyed by an explosion rather than when they're primed for. that's a little different.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2014, 04:46:13 am »
X-Com Apocalypse strikes again!

Explosions, explosions everywhere... :)

Offline CoolKid

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2014, 07:21:55 am »
but i'm guessing you mean you want grenades to explode WHEN they're destroyed by an explosion rather than when they're primed for

Exactly.

Yes, even the weapons will shot by itself if it take damage. That's so fascinating and realistic.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 08:05:55 am by CoolKid »

Offline Qpoter

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2014, 08:09:15 am »

Easily one of the best parts of the whole game, especially since you never really know it can happen until it does.

Offline yrizoud

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2015, 01:51:25 am »
(necro-power!)
Just wanted to say I would really enjoy this feature. In a game, I happened to throw several explosives at a cyberdisc in a single turn, and it was quite a bad surprise to see only one tiny explosion (the wimpy grenade exploded first and defused all the rest)

Additionally, chained explosions would let you improvize a heavy proximity mines, by stacking a heavy explosive on a proximity mine :)

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2015, 02:32:30 am »
There is a "heavy proximity mine" mod available by civilian that I use in redux as Mutons and especially the elite mutons just shrug off ordinary prox grenades. The only thing is u need troops with around 50 strength to be able to throw it further than the blast range but hopefully u'll have a few troops that strong by the time u encounter any mutons.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2015, 08:23:08 am »
Just wanted to say I would really enjoy this feature. In a game, I happened to throw several explosives at a cyberdisc in a single turn, and it was quite a bad surprise to see only one tiny explosion (the wimpy grenade exploded first and defused all the rest)

This can actually be easily changed by bumping the grenades' armour value to very high values, so that they aren't annihilated by other explosions. (Like in the Piratez.)

Offline dml31

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2015, 06:51:43 pm »
Maybe carried grenades, alien grenades and high explosives and incendiary grenades could explode also on a lucky shot (for both sides) with laser or plasma shot or HE shot. Explosives in backpack should be protected.