Author Topic: upgrading defenses and other constructions  (Read 2293 times)

Offline dml31

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
upgrading defenses and other constructions
« on: June 08, 2015, 03:38:18 pm »
For the moment building missile defense has no interest (maybe it will change, I've see interesting mods)
I think I've found an interest until plasma and fusion are available.
You can build a defense over an existing one the build time is reduce by the preexisting construction build time (the hole and electricity are already there).
If you use the laser defense slot your fusion defense will be built faster.

You could also improve facilities via production tab:
- prison to alien containment
- add an improved infirmary to living quarters or large living quarters

Maybe engineers can be used to reduce the building time of a building in construction. Every engineer hour reduce the buiding time by 1 hour. So 24 engineer working for 1 day reduce the building time by1 day every day.

Offline 7Saturn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: upgrading defenses and other constructions
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2015, 07:01:16 pm »
For the moment building missile defense has no interest (maybe it will change, I've see interesting mods)
I never used it. It has to much of a failure-rate.
You can build a defense over an existing one the build time is reduce by the preexisting construction build time (the hole and electricity are already there).
And inactive during that time, as a fair tradeoff. I like this idea. Maybe one could also make this mechanics for radars/hyperwave decoder.
- prison
Only interesting for modded versions, as vanilla game has no prison. I mean, who would you send there? For a mod a nice idea.
- add an improved infirmary to living quarters or large living quarters
I like the idea of having an infirmary, at all. Let's say, with 5 places. Every soldier lying there is healing twice as fast, but costs money to be there. Maybe as a follow up research when you have researched the first medic alien and alien examination room and surgery and also med-kit. Enabling you to research advanced infirmary. Could work with the same game mechanics as the psi-lab. You choose, whether a soldier is lying there, or not in the soldiers list.
Maybe engineers can be used to reduce the building time of a building in construction. Every engineer hour reduce the buiding time by 1 hour. So 24 engineer working for 1 day reduce the building time by1 day every day.
That I like also. I believe there was nothing more annoying then those really long waiting times, until you build fusion defense or hyperwave decoder. And there is virtually no way to speed up this process.

And while we are at it: Extended Storage? In late game you will come to this point, where you really have to think, what so sell, in order to be able to transfer things as space is to little.