aliens

Author Topic: [The Final Mod Pack] Basic Weapons part  (Read 38109 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: [The Final Mod Pack] Basic Weapons part
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2014, 07:51:59 am »
Hello! I just downloaded v0.8 of this wonderful piece o modding work, and I am already enjoying it... I think I found a little bug: The new Stormlance missile (after looking at its stats, a very welcomed weapon to have available) is seen as available to purchase in the purchase screen... And no, I have not researched it... I think the problem is that there is a line en the .rul file, under the items section which says "costBuy: 3000" (line number 10588)... Is this intentional? (Besides, the launcher is not appearing in said screen)...

Yes, it's a bug. Thanks for reporting.

As for the nearest future, my next project is rebalancing some weapons to change how their accuracy drops with range. I think shotguns are way too good at long distances, yet too inaccurate at point blank...
And I'm still waiting on opinions regarding the improved Skyranger. :)

Offline XCOMFan419

• Colonel
  • Wait I'm still here I swear
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2014, 07:59:58 am »
Yes, it's a bug. Thanks for reporting.

As for the nearest future, my next project is rebalancing some weapons to change how their accuracy drops with range. I think shotguns are way too good at long distances, yet too inaccurate at point blank...
And I'm still waiting on opinions regarding the improved Skyranger. :)
To be frank, I thought you would call most of them OP because one of them goes over the Avenger's 26 with 30 carrying capacity. Most of them are just step ups.

I welcome the new skyrangers. I don't really like using the Avenger/Lightning/Firestorms due to the amount of Elerium I haven't been able to get during the past few playthroughs.

Offline guille1434

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2014, 08:18:35 am »
You are welcome, guys!

About the Improved Skyranger: I did not like very much the "cargo floor level with the ground" design... I know it is better for troops' fast exit, but it is not very "real" for an aircraft to land on its belly... I know the ramp plays against the soldiers (specially rookies), but in later stages of the game this problem can be solved by trops wearing any of the flying gear uniforms/armor suits present in the game.

May be you can consider adding one or more of the very good designs made by Aldorn (a lot of good concepts and ideas over there!), but reducing a little those crafts cargo capacity. For example, I am testing the replacement of the "Alloy Skyranger" by  the "Skytrooper" but with reduced capacity (20 soldiers/3 vehicles, instead of 26 and 4, which is the capacity of the Avenger ,which should be the best craft). I think that to have a craft with so high capacity so early in the game can throw things out of balance a bit.

To give the Avenger more "edge", and to make some more room for improved variants of the Skyranger which arrive earlier in the game, I think the Avenger capacity could be increased to 30 troops... If I am not mistaken, Xcomutil software allowed just that increase in the good old X-Com game.

I hope you find this little feedback positive for your great mod!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 08:33:01 am by guille1434 »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2014, 08:54:47 pm »
About the Improved Skyranger: I did not like very much the "cargo floor level with the ground" design... I know it is better for troops' fast exit, but it is not very "real" for an aircraft to land on its belly...

I thought it was a "transformer", lowering its floor after it landed. It's not explicitly said though, and I don't know how viable it is in the first place.

And I have mixed feeling about whether it's better for the the troops. ;)

May be you can consider adding one or more of the very good designs made by Aldorn (a lot of good concepts and ideas over there!), but reducing a little those crafts cargo capacity. For example, I am testing the replacement of the "Alloy Skyranger" by  the "Skytrooper" but with reduced capacity (20 soldiers/3 vehicles, instead of 26 and 4, which is the capacity of the Avenger ,which should be the best craft). I think that to have a craft with so high capacity so early in the game can throw things out of balance a bit.

Mhm, maybe. I think the 16/4 setup works quite well.

To give the Avenger more "edge", and to make some more room for improved variants of the Skyranger which arrive earlier in the game, I think the Avenger capacity could be increased to 30 troops... If I am not mistaken, Xcomutil software allowed just that increase in the good old X-Com game.

I hope you find this little feedback positive for your great mod!

Yep! But I need more! :D

Offline guille1434

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2014, 11:11:37 pm »
Hi! Another small bug detected: In the Manufacture section, the Gauss Cannon Rounds x 60, in the category line it says: STR_CRAFT_WEAPON, and it should read STR_CRAFT_AMMUNITION (line 18957). this causes o show an incorrect clasification in the in-gama manufacture setup screen.